News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Christina DeCicco as Evita- Page 2

Christina DeCicco as Evita

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#25Christina DeCicco as Evita
Posted: 6/28/12 at 1:16am

^From the youtube clips I think Loni Ackerman came close to matching Patti's vocal performance. I'd almost say she was copying her every move.

BroadwayBrandon
#26Christina DeCicco as Evita
Posted: 6/28/12 at 1:28am

^ I think Loni was def good but it just seemed to be to be a cheap imitation of Patti, it wasn't authentic! That's not to say she wasn't effective bc she was, I still prefer Ms. DeCicco...

bwaylvsong
#27Christina DeCicco as Evita
Posted: 6/28/12 at 6:42am

I'm pretty sure dreaming was talking about Sarah Litzsinger.

emlodik Profile Photo
emlodik
#28Christina DeCicco as Evita
Posted: 6/28/12 at 3:14pm

I thought she was awful. Reminded me of all those awful pop-princessy Evas I saw on the regional circuit. No depth, no raw emotion, no edge, just "Hey, gay best friends! Check me out singing all these campy power ballads in cool outfits!"

"But your despicable class is dead! Look who they are calling for now!"

Wishing Only Wounds Profile Photo
Wishing Only Wounds
#29Christina DeCicco as Evita
Posted: 7/7/12 at 7:16pm

I saw her today and much preferred her to Elena (whom I also saw). I love Christina's voice, but that aside, her Eva was more complete to me; she took you on more of a journey. Elena's Eva is more grounded and intimidating... whereas Christina's is bitchier and more vulnerable. I hated Christina's Eva so much that I was shocked when I was in near tears at the end.

I personally love Evita, and almost left at intermission last time. But Christina reminded me why I love the show, and in turn, Eva Peron. She had the layers I missed last time.

Formerly: WishingOnlyWounds2 - Broadway Legend - Joined: 9/25/08

DefyGravity777
#30Christina DeCicco as Evita
Posted: 7/8/12 at 10:57am

I also saw the matinee yesterday.

Christina was a joy to watch since I didn't want to rip my ears off or pull my hair out like I did with Elena. I understood every single word also unlike with Elena.(I was talking with a guy from Mexico last night at Ghost that saw Elena and even he couldn't understand a word Elena was saying/shrieking)

Don't believe everything that you hear! Only the peeps involved know the truth!

Rainbowhigh23
#31Christina DeCicco as Evita
Posted: 7/11/12 at 11:28am

Recording of "A New Argentina" with Christina DeCicco.

Note the applause for actually belting "He supports you for he loves you".

Rainbow High

http://youtu.be/RNSjST9boIs

Christina DeCicco belting like Patti Updated On: 7/11/12 at 11:28 AM

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#32Christina DeCicco as Evita
Posted: 7/11/12 at 12:26pm

Note the applause for actually belting "He supports you for he loves you".

wasn't that from the ensemble? I think she sounds really good, but it's odd to me that she seems to adopt some of Elena's pronunciations.

Her Rainbow High sounds a lot like a recording I heard of Nancy Opel's version.

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#33Christina DeCicco as Evita
Posted: 7/11/12 at 12:54pm

Those clips of DeCicco didn't particularly impress me. She sounds 1000 times better than Elena, sure, but those vocals weren't exactly dazzling. Very run of the mill.

I also thought she sounded very similar to Nancy Opel- pretty thin, unfortunately.

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#34Christina DeCicco as Evita
Posted: 7/11/12 at 1:07pm

In A New Argentina, Ricky kinda sounds like a gravel-lite Adam Pascal.

Rainbowhigh23
#35Christina DeCicco as Evita
Posted: 7/11/12 at 1:08pm

When I saw the show I never noticed any applause during that part, so I assumed there were some fans in the audience who appreciated the belt.

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#36Christina DeCicco as Evita
Posted: 7/11/12 at 1:10pm

I have a couple audios of DeCicco, and honestly she does nothing for me. She sounds good and all, but possesses none of the authenticity Elena Roger brings to the role. Elena Roger remains my favorite Eva Peron.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

Rainbowhigh23
#37Christina DeCicco as Evita
Posted: 7/11/12 at 1:16pm

^ When you finally meet Elena, she is so going to love you. Christina DeCicco as Evita I think she senses when someone really supports her.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#38Christina DeCicco as Evita
Posted: 7/11/12 at 1:19pm

Elena Roger remains my favorite Eva Peron.

Oh, you've seen her play the role onstage?

bwayphreak234
#39Christina DeCicco as Evita
Posted: 7/11/12 at 1:28pm

Oh, you've seen her play the role onstage?

Sadly, I have not seen this production live. I am talking in terms of cast albums and audio/video recordings (unfortunately). Vocally she is my favorite. I WILL be seeing the show soon though with Elena Roger Christina DeCicco as Evita

EDITED: Just say RainbowHigh's post

When you finally meet Elena, she is so going to love you. I think she senses when someone really supports her.

I have never been a stage door person, but I think I am going to have to make an exception. Christina DeCicco as Evita

Updated On: 7/11/12 at 01:28 PM

DefyGravity777
#40Christina DeCicco as Evita
Posted: 7/11/12 at 2:47pm

"Sadly, I have not seen this production live. I am talking in terms of cast albums and audio/video recordings (unfortunately). Vocally she is my favorite. I WILL be seeing the show soon though with Elena Roger"

You might feel different after actually seeing her. Just saying...

Don't believe everything that you hear! Only the peeps involved know the truth!

bwayphreak234
#41Christina DeCicco as Evita
Posted: 7/11/12 at 2:49pm

^ Fair enough! I hope I don't since I LOVE her voice on the recording, but I know seeing performers live can be different.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#42Christina DeCicco as Evita
Posted: 7/11/12 at 2:58pm

THIS is how it's done, kids:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9nbX2NY23Q

And this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYTIUgSokf0
(note the standing ovation...remember when the Grammys featured more than just pop and hip-hop?)

And, of course:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrXiWh7yh5k&feature=related

No one else has ever come close to her.

Updated On: 7/11/12 at 02:58 PM

bwayphreak234
#43Christina DeCicco as Evita
Posted: 7/11/12 at 3:04pm

Patti's Rainbow High is out of this world.

Rainbowhigh23
#44Christina DeCicco as Evita
Posted: 7/11/12 at 3:10pm

I got into the DeLorean, typed in September 10, 1979 but it wouldn't start; so all I have now is Youtube. How that person was able to sneak in a late 70s era video camera and record the show is beyond me.

Here's another fun video - the three stage Evitas and the one from the movie. No love for Ms. Roger there, either.
The Four Evitas

bwayphreak234
#45Christina DeCicco as Evita
Posted: 7/11/12 at 3:11pm

Out of curiosity, what do you all think of Elaine Paige's Eva?

Rainbowhigh23
#46Christina DeCicco as Evita
Posted: 7/11/12 at 3:14pm

Elaine Paige = divine. As good as Patti. When I was young I first heard Patti, then bought the London cast recording with the silver cover - she did not disappoint.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#47Christina DeCicco as Evita
Posted: 7/11/12 at 3:14pm

I got into the DeLorean, typed in September 10, 1979 but it wouldn't start; so all I have now is Youtube. How that person was able to sneak in a late 70s era video camera and record the show is beyond me.

I have no idea, either, but I'm grateful for them!

givesmevoice
#48Christina DeCicco as Evita
Posted: 7/11/12 at 3:17pm

I'm not crazy about Elaine Paige's Evita, but as I've said here before, I have more problems with the tempo set in most songs than I do with her.

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

givesmevoice
#49Christina DeCicco as Evita
Posted: 7/11/12 at 3:17pm

Double post.

Christina DeCicco as Evita

Edited for Rainbowhigh23

Updated On: 7/11/12 at 03:17 PM

Videos