pixeltracker

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 1/18/15- Page 2

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 1/18/15

Elfuhbuh Profile Photo
Elfuhbuh
#25Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 1/18/15
Posted: 1/20/15 at 7:25pm

Oh, I understand that the numbers most likely won't be affected that much. I'm just thinking if word gets out to the main news somehow and tourists hear about this little fiasco (very small chance of that happening, granted).

"Was uns befreit, das muss stärker sein als wir es sind." -Tanz der Vampire

RW3
#26Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 1/18/15
Posted: 1/20/15 at 7:42pm

Did Honeymoon seriously do 60 previews?

theatreguy Profile Photo
theatreguy
#27Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 1/18/15
Posted: 1/20/15 at 8:18pm

66, actually.

RW3
#28Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 1/18/15
Posted: 1/20/15 at 8:22pm

Good god.

Eurotrash Profile Photo
Eurotrash
#28Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 1/18/15
Posted: 1/21/15 at 5:20am

On the Town - the percentages must be an issue surely for the theatre owners, if they think they can get a better selling show in.

Why don't you go? Why don't you leave Manderley? He doesn't need you... he's got his memories. He doesn't love you, he wants to be alone again with her. You've nothing to stay for. You've nothing to live for really, have you?

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#29Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 1/18/15
Posted: 1/21/15 at 10:24am

Maybe Jason Robert Brown wanted to guarantee that HMIV was going to play more overall performances than his last huge commercial flop (or at least he spearheaded it) Urban Cowboy!

LYLS3637 Profile Photo
LYLS3637
#30Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 1/18/15
Posted: 1/21/15 at 10:39am

^ Urban Cowboy was in 2003. He had 13 after that in 2007 and Bridges of Madison County last year. Not to mention the fact that JRB only contributed 5 songs to Urban Cowboy, so I would hardly call that "spearheading." Clearly you have no idea what you're talking about.

Side note: where did this insinuation come from that just because JRB is on the creative team, he has some control over the production's future? Would you say the same thing about Gary Griffin or Andrew Bergman?

"I shall stay until the wind changes."

baal
#31Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 1/18/15
Posted: 1/21/15 at 10:48am

JRB also orchestrated and arranged the full score for Urban Cowboy, and was the music director. So Philly wasn't completely off. You don't need to be so rude over a petty detail.

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#32Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 1/18/15
Posted: 1/21/15 at 10:55am

Tons of the songs were ripped from the film soundtrack, also. JRB was the main driving force musically. If wants to have a reputation for being such a high-art artist, then he should be equally responsible for having these blantant commercial flops (Urban, 13) if he's going to diss other composers/lyricists for it.

And most people seem to think that composers have the biggest pull (not saying they do or don't) - ever heard of trashing Andrew Lloyd Webber, Frank Wildhorn, Andrew Lippa, etc.

MegInManhattan
#33Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 1/18/15
Posted: 1/21/15 at 2:26pm

Must is made about shows having a low percentage of potential gross, how do they survive, why are they in such a "barn", etc? (thinking of On The Town in particular)

Which makes me wonder: how much does theatre rent vary based on seating capacity/size?

Videos