pixeltracker

54 Below in "historic storm"- Page 2

54 Below in "historic storm"

neonlightsxo
#2554 Below in
Posted: 1/26/15 at 10:18am

tKing- It's not the same show. The show scheduled for tonight is Kitt and Yorkey songs. The March show is Carmel Dean songs. They're not the same.

Islander_fan
#2654 Below in
Posted: 1/26/15 at 10:38am

Sutton,

For what it's worth, I am a teacher in the NYC public school systems. Keep in mind that NYC almost never has snow days. Hell, there've been times where the subways weren't working and thus not allowing the kids to be able to get to school to do so, but they were still open. Now, with that in mind, there were inside rumblings Saturday evening into Sunday that schools are going to be closed Tuesday. The fact that that happened (topped with the official word coming out today that there's a high possibility of that happening) is extremely rare. To put things n perspective, my grandmother was a a public school teacher for close to 30 years. She had been able to count the snow days she had back when she was teaching on one hand. And, to top it all off, canceling school in advance the day before was and still kind of is unheard of.

sharona39
#2754 Below in
Posted: 1/26/15 at 11:32am

The only time I recollect Broadway canceling was during Hurricane Sandy,October 28, 2012 "Though matinees are happening this afternoon as scheduled, all Broadway performances in New York City are canceled for Sunday and Monday evenings due to the suspension of public transportation, which begins at 7 p.m. ET Sunday in advance of Hurricane Sandy." Granted, this is not a Broadway show, and as of now, some service may be suspended. I think people realize (speaking for myself, I certainly do) that the Yorkey/Kitt and C. Dean will be different shows, the cast of If/Then is the common link. I think its safe to say that a majority of those going are fans of the cast.

neonlightsxo
#2854 Below in
Posted: 1/26/15 at 11:38am

sharona, I was referring to tking's post--- they clearly don't know the difference.
"i do however wonder if the show in March is the same show? In which case it may be in the best interest to exchange into that one. "

Shows were also cancelled in fall of 2011. I think for Hurricane Irene.

Pootie2
#2954 Below in
Posted: 1/26/15 at 12:06pm

Well, there's no indication across Twitter at all that this will be canceled (as of now). Lots of flights canceled, though.

Also, I had no idea winter storms could be named.
https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.php?thread=1080007&boardname=off&dt=14&boardid=2&mobile=on

#BoycottTrumplikePattiMurin

sharona39
#3054 Below in
Posted: 1/26/15 at 12:09pm

Yeah...this is Juno ---I didn't know that either. I will call later and see about exchanging my tickets for another show. I have my doubts that I will get out of the city, especially since I have tickets for the 9:30 show. It is what it is. Hope everyone stays safe!

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#3154 Below in
Posted: 1/26/15 at 1:25pm

Islander_fan,

That's very cool you are a teacher here, that is not an easy job. I work in a similar field. Yes, it's very rare to close schools due to weather around here, and I'm surprised they have done so a day in advance. However, I'm looking out my window here in my office and it's just grey. The snow was supposed to start at 8am today. So...what's up with that?

perfectlymarvelous Profile Photo
perfectlymarvelous
#3254 Below in
Posted: 1/26/15 at 1:28pm

Sutton, I don't know where in the city you work, but in lower Manhattan at least it's pretty windy and the snow is picking up. It's supposed to get progressively worse as the night wears on, too.

neonlightsxo
#3354 Below in
Posted: 1/26/15 at 1:31pm

Not sure where Sutton is but it's coming down hard and fast in Midtown. Looks bad. Not "just grey".

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#3454 Below in
Posted: 1/26/15 at 1:35pm

You would think Sue would know when a Storm is coming.

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.

Sutton Ross
#3554 Below in
Posted: 1/26/15 at 1:38pm

I work way uptown, nothing here except wind.

Updated On: 1/26/15 at 01:38 PM

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#3654 Below in
Posted: 1/26/15 at 1:40pm

Louis CK just sent out an e-mail that he is canceling his show at MSG for tomorrow night, but he did raise an interesting point: "They are calling this storm "historic" which.... Well I didn't know you could call a thing historic if it hasn't happened yet. But I'm not one to defy future historic events."

He also noted: "If you've ever tried to get your deposit back when you rent a banquet hall for a wedding that gets snowed out, you don't want to even know what the deposit is on Madison Square Jesus Christing Garden."

neonlightsxo
#3754 Below in
Posted: 1/26/15 at 1:48pm

Joe's Pub just cancelled tonight.

Pootie2
#3854 Below in
Posted: 1/26/15 at 1:50pm

Edit: Nope! They just canceled by Twitter, what timing.

But nothing can beat that Buffalo lake effect blizzard last year, eesh.

Updated On: 1/26/15 at 01:50 PM

neonlightsxo
#3954 Below in
Posted: 1/26/15 at 1:52pm

54 Below just cancelled tonight and tomorrow. Via twitter.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#4054 Below in
Posted: 1/26/15 at 1:53pm

They did note: "Guests of those performances should call us today before 5pm at 646.476.3551"

Not sure why, unless they are offering potential rollover options if those shows get rescheduled? Otherwise, seems easy to just refund everyone.

sharona39
#4154 Below in
Posted: 1/26/15 at 2:29pm

I got a refund...they, at this time, have not rescheduled.

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#4254 Below in
Posted: 1/26/15 at 2:38pm

Shows cancelled tonight and tomorrow!

http://54below.com/artist/weather-announcements-1-26-27/

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

Play  Esq. Profile Photo
Play Esq.
#4354 Below in
Posted: 1/26/15 at 3:20pm

As they should be....it is disgusting outside. New York Courts (who are loath to close due to weather) have already announced full closure tomorrow. I'm sure schools are right behind (if they haven't already). Worked out well for me, : I used my refund for tonight's performance at the Public to score two tickets for Hamilton the first weekend in February!

Stay safe, everyone!

Sutton Ross
#4454 Below in
Posted: 1/26/15 at 3:27pm

54 Below in

I kid. Stay safe everyone!

Pootie2
#4554 Below in
Posted: 2/19/15 at 3:27pm

Looks like the "Cast of IF/THEN sings Tom Kitt & Brian Yorkey" was rescheduled to Monday, March 2 at 11:30pm.

Joe Cassidy
Jenn Colella
Charles Hagerty
Janet Krupin
Tamika Lawrence
Megan Lewis
DeeDee Magno-Hall
Tyler McGee
Ryann Redmond
Jason Tam

Pootie2