pixeltracker

Memorable song from recent flops- Page 2

Memorable song from recent flops

carolinaguy Profile Photo
carolinaguy
#25Memorable song from recent flops
Posted: 5/29/15 at 12:03pm

Speaking of HONEYMOON IN VEGAS, "Isn't That Enough?" is a lovely song. Plus it's a pivotal story moment for the mother/son character relationship. I can hear cabaret performers making good use of it in their acts.

Just remembering you've had an "and" When you're back to "or" Makes the "or" mean more than it did before
Updated On: 5/29/15 at 12:03 PM

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#26Memorable song from recent flops
Posted: 5/29/15 at 12:04pm

Why would heather's be considered a flop.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

wonkit
#27Memorable song from recent flops
Posted: 5/29/15 at 12:50pm

Almost anything from THE LAST SHIP, but I have to agree with an earlier post - "The Night When the Pugilist Learned How to Dance." Some of the best lyrics I have ever heard, and a lovely, lilting tune that is immediately memorable. 

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#28Memorable song from recent flops
Posted: 5/29/15 at 12:59pm

"How 'Bout a Dance" - Bonnie & Clyde
"Lovesick" - Women on the Verge
"It All Fades Away" - Bridges of Madison County
"Evermore Without You" - Woman in White

For songs that people TRY to sing and there have been several rough renditions:

"I Will Prevail" - Wonderland
"Pulled" - The Addams Family

broadwaysfguy
#29Memorable song from recent flops
Posted: 5/29/15 at 1:37pm

I will buy your book! we need a book on 21st century musicals!!!!!

my contributions:

title of show-nine peoples favorite things; original musical, way back to when

Big fish-time stops, be the hero

catch me if you can-dont break the rules, live in living color

addams family-crazier than you, happy/sad

dirty rotten scoundrels-great big stuff, give them what they want

ghost- here right now

high fidelity-last real record store on earth

the wild party-the life of the party

broadwayboy223
#30Memorable song from recent flops
Posted: 5/29/15 at 4:15pm

I also really like If You Ever See Me Talking to a Sailor from The Last Ship. Surprised no one mentioned it. It could be a really good belty audition song. 

Zimmy Profile Photo
Zimmy
#31Memorable song from recent flops
Posted: 5/29/15 at 8:30pm

You guys have nailed most of my favorites from Bridges, title of show, Little Women, and Jane Eyre. 

I would add "Once Upon A Time" from Brooklyn the Musical. 

VintageSnarker
#32Memorable song from recent flops
Posted: 5/29/15 at 10:05pm

I don't know about them becoming standards but I could see some of the songs from Doctor Zhivago getting picked up if people like the album. Say what you will about the score but it sold me on the strength of the singers. "Now" is the obvious choice but I think "On the Edge of Time With You" is equally strong.

As for the rest of the show, "Watch the Moon" isn't the strongest but it has a sweet love song/haunting lullaby vibe. It's really not a concert song but "Blood on the Snow" is one of my favorite songs from the show. I don't know how much anyone performs "I Still Believe" from Miss Saigon but there's a similar song in Zhivago. It's like "What Is This Feeling" from Wicked mashed up with "I Still Believe" because it's a duet for the wife and mistress but it starts out almost like a love song and unlike the latter, they're actually in conversation. Well, it's their inner monologues but they're in the same room. It's not going to topple the duets from Side Show or Wicked in popularity but I could see people performing it looking for a duet for two women. 

I don't consider Heathers a flop but that album has its share of standouts.

I'm still in the process of listening to the Scandalous album but I think "Why Can't I" has enough in common with other popular audition songs that I could see it catching on.

twotrey
#33Memorable song from recent flops
Posted: 5/30/15 at 5:35am

Obviously never made it to Broadway, but I think LOVE NEVER DIES will mostly live on through "'Til I Hear You Sing" being a big time audition song.

carlodowd Profile Photo
carlodowd
#34Memorable song from recent flops
Posted: 5/30/15 at 6:36am

"How It Ends" - Big Fish

"What Do I Need With Love" - Millie

"You Don't Need To Love Me" - IF/THEN

Videos