On Your Feet! Lottery

Alex M Profile Photo
Alex M
#25On Your Feet! Lottery
Posted: 4/22/16 at 2:38pm

Won for tonight and it looks like the price is back down to $40. Still a lot for a lottery but hey its something!

TheaterGeek37
#26On Your Feet! Lottery
Posted: 6/28/16 at 12:35pm

Anyone win this recently? Are the seats still in the mezzanine? Thanks!

defyingravity11 Profile Photo
defyingravity11
#27On Your Feet! Lottery
Posted: 6/28/16 at 5:17pm

Alex, was there an additional fee for the $40 tickets?

"In theater, the process of it is the experience. Everyone goes through the process, and everyone has the experience together. It doesn't last - only in people's memories and in their hearts. That's the beauty and sadness of it. But that's life - beauty and the sadness. And that is why theater is life." - Sherie Rene Scott

Blackbird3
#28On Your Feet! Lottery
Posted: 6/28/16 at 5:26pm

TheaterGeek37 said: "Anyone win this recently? Are the seats still in the mezzanine? Thanks!"

I've won twice in the last three months, and both times my seat was in the rear Orchestra on the left side, a few seats in from the aisle. Row S and T, if I recall correctly. Perfectly good view of the show.

defyingravity11, $40 was the full price (no fees).

Updated On: 6/28/16 at 05:26 PM

Broadway Joe Profile Photo
Broadway Joe
#29On Your Feet! Lottery
Posted: 7/6/16 at 1:56pm

I won the lotto yesterday and had row c of the orchestra on the aisle, amazing seats

Blackbird3
#30On Your Feet! Lottery
Posted: 7/6/16 at 2:35pm

Broadway Joe, you're so lucky to have won an aisle seat! Did you see the new Gloria understudy Christie Prades? How was she?

Broadway Joe Profile Photo
Broadway Joe
#31On Your Feet! Lottery
Posted: 7/6/16 at 2:49pm

Blackbird3 said: "Broadway Joe, you're so lucky to have won an aisle seat! Did you see the new Gloria understudy Christie Prades? How was she?

"

Yes and I honestly would have never known she was an understudy if it wasn't for the playbill. I thought she even sounded better then Ana from the performance I saw of hers on the Tonys. 

northlandfan
#32On Your Feet! Lottery
Posted: 7/6/16 at 2:51pm

Hi there

saw the show for the second time last Friday and that was the first day that Christine was on. She actually did an excellent job and I was comparing her with Ana's  performance that I saw a few months back. Her whole family was there that night and her mom was beaming with pride at the stage door afterwards. 

I was told by one of the ushers that Ana had been off for at least a week due to voice problems- hope not too serious.....

sgreen3 Profile Photo
sgreen3
#33On Your Feet! Lottery
Posted: 7/6/16 at 3:31pm

I also saw the show Friday (Christie's first) and thought it and she was phenomenal. It was my first time seeing it so I don't have any comparisons to Ana other than the Tonys and other clips I've seen, but Christie was really strong. She was so sweet at stage door.

northlandfan: "I was told by one of the ushers that Ana had been off for at least a week due to voice problems- hope not too serious....."

According to Ana's Twitter (https://twitter.com/aanavee/status/749732360988553217), she is out until the 10th --- which I think is Josh Segarra's last show --- and currently in rehearsals with Ektor Rivera, the new Emilio. Though the usher could also be correct and she may not want to say so publicly.

Blackbird3
#34On Your Feet! Lottery
Posted: 7/6/16 at 3:56pm

That's great to hear! I've seen Ana and Linedy (who was good, but I was biased having seen Ana first). I'm hoping to catch the show again this week since Josh is leaving on Sunday (side note: I saw the OYF performance on PBS 4th of July, and I wasn't impressed with his replacement). I believe Christie is performing all week until Ana returns Sunday, so hopefully I'll be able to catch her!

Updated On: 7/6/16 at 03:56 PM

TheaterGeek37
#35On Your Feet! Lottery
Posted: 7/7/16 at 9:05am

Just entered the lottery today for a single ticket. I hope I win because I want to see the show before Josh leaves on Sunday and tonight is really my only option. Fingers crossed that I win and that he is in! Would be cool to meet him at the stage door!

Updated On: 7/7/16 at 09:05 AM

Blackbird3
#36On Your Feet! Lottery
Posted: 7/8/16 at 9:47am

Just wanted to report back and say that I won the lotto again last night and had seats in Row H on the left. Excellent view! I arrived at 6:20, and my theory is that the earlier you get in line to pick the tickets up, the better the seats are (the last two times I waited until 10 minutes before showtime rather than 30 minutes and had seats further back in the orchestra).

Also wanted to confirm what others have said about Christie Prades! She's great, and has really good chemistry with Josh. Sad to see him leave this weekend as he is a big highlight of the show for me.

TheaterGeek37
#37On Your Feet! Lottery
Posted: 7/8/16 at 10:54am

I saw the show last night as well. I loved it. I won the lottery and was in Row D, seat 5 and had a blast. Loved the show, loved the performances. A really fun show to watch. Glad I got to see Josh in it before he leaves, but I will definitely be back so I can catch Ana.

asmith0307
#38On Your Feet! Lottery
Posted: 7/8/16 at 10:58am

No joke, I've somehow managed to lose the lottery close to 10 times. Nice to hear that the seats are good though!

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#39On Your Feet! Lottery
Posted: 7/8/16 at 11:29am

Yeah, I've entered countless times over the months as well and have never won. 

asmith0307
#40On Your Feet! Lottery
Posted: 7/8/16 at 12:49pm

It also took me 4 times to finally win the On the Town lottery last summer, so clearly I'm a master at them.

(We aren't even going to touch on Hamilton, Lion King, Aladdin, or Wicked...)

Blackbird3
#41On Your Feet! Lottery
Posted: 7/9/16 at 6:17pm

Taking a look at the lottery page for On Your Feet, I notice that they're not offering one tomorrow. Do you think they'll update it in the morning?

(ETA - Answered my own question about it being sold out. Ticketmaster shows many open seats.)

https://lottery.broadwaydirect.com/show/on-your-feet/

Updated On: 7/9/16 at 06:17 PM

sgreen3 Profile Photo
sgreen3
#42On Your Feet! Lottery
Posted: 7/9/16 at 8:44pm

Blackbird3 said: "Taking a look at the lottery page for On Your Feet, I notice that they're not offering one tomorrow. Do you think they'll update it in the morning?
https://lottery.broadwaydirect.com/show/on-your-feet/
"

I believe they only do the lottery for evening shows. There was no lottery for today's matinee and I don't think there has been one for previous Sundays either.

asmith0307
#43On Your Feet! Lottery
Posted: 7/9/16 at 11:41pm

No matinee lotteries...

Which, I lost the evening lottery again, but I ended up just buying a ticket anyways.

Ana was back this evening. I was prepared to see Christie (I was there for Genny Lis Padilla's first performance as Gloria, and I had already seen Ana), but was pleasantly surprised to see Ana. 

meaghan4162
#44On Your Feet! Lottery
Posted: 7/10/16 at 6:52am

Does anyone know what the cheapest way to get tickets is? I didn't know there wasn't a lottery for matinees. 

asmith0307
#45On Your Feet! Lottery
Posted: 7/10/16 at 9:04am

1) Lottery

2) Tix4Students (on weekdays)

3) Box Office for $55 tickets

meaghan4162
#46On Your Feet! Lottery
Posted: 7/10/16 at 10:24am

Thanks! One more question. Does anyone know if the sell those first 3 rows B-D at a partial view price? 55? 79? I see that they aren't available any dates I've looked.

Blackbird3
#47On Your Feet! Lottery
Posted: 7/10/16 at 1:25pm

Is anyone going to Josh's final performance today? If so, please report back! :)

asmith0307
#48On Your Feet! Lottery
Posted: 7/10/16 at 6:32pm

I just got back from it. Largest entrance applause I have heard at the show. It seemed that quite a bit of the audience were repeat audience members and knew that it was his final show (unlike some other final bows I have seen). 

His performance was the best I have seen him do it. He never really got emotional, but instead really threw himself into the "performance" scenes - especially the Mega Mix. He was just having a ball. One of the funnier parts came during his final bow. Three audience members had made "Team Josh" shirts with different Emilio lines from the show on the backs. They gave one to him from their spots in the front row. He showed it off to the crowd.

Another nice moment (and one that probably went unnoticed by most), his wife was pulled into the conga line by the cast. Not sure exactly how far along in her pregnancy she is, but she was working that belly and the cast members who were behind her in line gave her quick hugs as they were running up the aisle. It was sweet to watch.

sgreen3 Profile Photo
sgreen3
#49On Your Feet! Lottery
Posted: 7/11/16 at 9:27am

asmith0307 said: "I just got back from it. Largest entrance applause I have heard at the show. It seemed that quite a bit of the audience were repeat audience members and knew that it was his final show (unlike some other final bows I have seen). 

His performance was the best I have seen him do it. He never really got emotional, but instead really threw himself into the "performance" scenes - especially the Mega Mix. He was just having a ball. One of the funnier parts came during his final bow. Three audience members had made "Team Josh" shirts with different Emilio lines from the show on the backs. They gave one to him from their spots in the front row. He showed it off to the crowd.

Another nice moment (and one that probably went unnoticed by most), his wife was pulled into the conga line by the cast. Not sure exactly how far along in her pregnancy she is, but she was working that belly and the cast members who were behind her in line gave her quick hugs as they were running up the aisle. It was sweet to watch.
"

This makes soooo much more sense now and is really adorable. I was a few seats away across the aisle from her, had no idea it was his wife, and was actually fairly disturbed when I saw one of the cast members rubbing her belly as they danced up the aisle (because that would be incredibly weird if they were strangers). Aw. Thanks for sharing.

Echoing the rest of your comments. It was my second time seeing the show and it was great. I'm happy I got to see Josh & Ana together (Christie was on when I went last week). The moment during the bow was great; I'm only bummed I couldn't tell what the line of the back of his shirt was.

He was also incredibly friendly at the stage door; made sure to go around to everyone who was there to sign and take pictures even though I think they were putting a party of sorts together for him and he had to get back.

Videos