pixeltracker

Bette Midler Falls During "Hello, Dolly" Performance- Page 2

Bette Midler Falls During "Hello, Dolly" Performance

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#25Bette Midler Falls During
Posted: 9/15/17 at 11:23am

raddersons said: "A friend of mine works backstage at the show.Last night that when Bette fell, the stage managerrushed out to the stage to help her... and she just looked up at him from the floor and asked if he wanted her to sing a song to entertain everyone while they fixed the set pieces."

That's amazing!

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#26Bette Midler Falls During
Posted: 9/15/17 at 11:28am

Bette is a queen! Love it!

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#27Bette Midler Falls During
Posted: 9/15/17 at 12:36pm

I'd assume she's ok, but at that age you never know. She could be sore today, but I think she sticks it out and does the show tonight.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

devonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
#28Bette Midler Falls During
Posted: 9/15/17 at 12:38pm

I'm sure there has been a full follow-up to the show report today to ensure that there will be no repetition if at all humanly possible.

Miss Jezebel DuPree2
#29Bette Midler Falls During
Posted: 9/15/17 at 12:59pm

She's fine.  She fell on her head.

Itonlytakesajourney Profile Photo
Itonlytakesajourney
#30Bette Midler Falls During
Posted: 9/15/17 at 12:59pm

Good job on Bette for sticking to it, even after the incident! I hope she doesn't get any sustaining injuries. 

EthelMae Profile Photo
EthelMae
#31Bette Midler Falls During
Posted: 9/16/17 at 2:06am

Ms. Midler was in fine form at tonight's show. Guess everything is OK with her, thank God!

Just a mention- Gavin Creel was out tonight. I don't have a program in front of me but it was the understudy who went on in previews-Colton White- I believe. He is in the Ensemble. He was better vocally than the other understudy I saw a while back. Very fine all around but no one gets all the comedy that Creel does. Glad he is extending his contract!

Zamedy154
#32Bette Midler Falls During
Posted: 9/16/17 at 7:56am

Thanks for the report, EthelMae.

Curious if Bette did an ad-lib during the dance break with the waiters in the title number referencing her fall the night before?

EthelMae Profile Photo
EthelMae
#33Bette Midler Falls During
Posted: 9/16/17 at 9:13am

You know now I can't remember if she did reference her fall in the title number last night! I do remember her usual ad libs, "well, there's always tomorrow night!" One of the waiters did say to her at the top of the dance break, "Dolly, you remember the dance", which I had never heard before.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#34Bette Midler Falls During
Posted: 9/16/17 at 10:21am

When I saw the matinee, she says "well, there's always tonight".

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#35Bette Midler Falls During
Posted: 9/16/17 at 10:46am

EthelMae said: "I do remember her usual ad libs, "well, there's always tomorrow night!""

Bette said that on my night too. There were bursts of laughter and applause everywhere

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#36Bette Midler Falls During
Posted: 9/16/17 at 12:44pm

EthelMae, it sounds like you saw Christian Dante White last night. 

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

EthelMae Profile Photo
EthelMae
#37Bette Midler Falls During
Posted: 9/16/17 at 5:16pm

Thx, Dottie! Yes, that's who I saw for Gavin Creel. I got the name wrong. Now I've seen both understudies for Cornelius. And I have to say, IMHO, they are understudies that are extremely capable and the show goes on fine but Gavin Creel has that certain something that isn't there when he's not there. I'm disappointed when he's not playing.

Itonlytakesajourney Profile Photo
Itonlytakesajourney
#38Bette Midler Falls During
Posted: 9/16/17 at 5:26pm

EthelMae said: "Thx, Dottie! Yes, that's who I saw for Gavin Creel. I got the name wrong. Now I've seen both understudies for Cornelius. And I have to say, IMHO, they are understudies that are extremely capable and the show goes on fine but Gavin Creel has that certain something that isn't there when he's not there. I'm disappointed when he's not playing."

I'm hoping to go catch Bernadette, Victor, and hopefully Gavin in Spring. I believe I talked about it with you or someone else here, but the understudy I saw in place for Gavin was sort of disappointing. Still good, but Gavin just has this charm in everything he does. He'll be hard to replace.

EthelMae Profile Photo
EthelMae
#39Bette Midler Falls During
Posted: 9/16/17 at 5:47pm

Yes, ItOnly...  The understudies are fine and the cast is so wonderful at the curtain call, being supportive and giving all their congratulations and all-  I can imagine what these understudies and swings go thru performing and covering but Gavin Creel is very special in this part and it will be hard to replace that.

Cat Guy Profile Photo
Cat Guy
#40Bette Midler Falls During
Posted: 9/17/17 at 12:55pm

Public User said: "Cat Guy said: "Bette and I are both in our 70's. A fall at any age can be serious stuff, but especially so as we age. I have brittle bones, and have fallen three times during the past couple of years. The first time (while training for a half marathon) I broke my ankle. The second time, I fell on a knee, with no apparent damage. But the third time, I fell on the same knee and tore a ligament. I don't fear much, but I do fear falling and breaking a hip.

I, too, hope she seeks medical attention. Stay well, Bette!
"

Could you tell us a bit more about your personal medical conditions? It is really fascinating.
"

That's it.  I'm outta here.  Too much nastiness in these threads.  So long, BWW.

GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#41Bette Midler Falls During
Posted: 9/17/17 at 1:25pm

^Sorry about that.  No one deserves that kind of a**holeishness.  Public User you should absolutely be ashamed of yourself.  This is a new kind of low.

Videos