pixeltracker

Dear evan hansen? Whitewashing?- Page 2

Dear evan hansen? Whitewashing?

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#25Dear evabelieven hansen? Whitewashing?
Posted: 11/12/18 at 10:51pm

Yep them as can't stand the heat  run away from the kitchen/board.

No Loss.

bk
#26Dear evabelieven hansen? Whitewashing?
Posted: 11/12/18 at 10:59pm

Kelley10 said: "After tonight I promise you all I will never write another word on this site.

You are all so delicate I don't know how you get through a single day.

I don't want to be the one to set you off. I hope you only you have good experiences.

Bye people bye bye.
"

What are you, twelve?

robskynyc
#27Dear evabelieven hansen? Whitewashing?
Posted: 11/12/18 at 11:16pm

Ugh. Bway Concierge they killed my thread lmao

GhostXmasPast
#28Dear evabelieven hansen? Whitewashing?
Posted: 11/13/18 at 7:21am

Perhaps DEH should cast Jared as a POC - or possibly a person of Native American / Ethiopian ancestry. I know of a fantastic performer who would be perfect in the role.  They should get Sky Lakota Lynch. What is he doing these days...?

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#29Dear evabelieven hansen? Whitewashing?
Posted: 11/13/18 at 7:56am

I'm not sure why anyone is even engaging the OP. They're constantly creating unnecessary threads with pointless questions. Clearly, they're not interested in starting an intelligent discussion, just seeking attention/stirring the pot. Just ignore them, and maybe they'll get the hint.

GhostXmasPast
#30Dear evabelieven hansen? Whitewashing?
Posted: 11/13/18 at 8:23am

Fair point on ignoring. Threads such  as this - in my mind - tarnish the reputation of an industry that has been at the forefront of racial and gender diversity since long before these areas became the white-hot cultural and political topics they have become.

Occasionally it is hard to resist clapping back -

Updated On: 11/13/18 at 08:23 AM

RaisedOnMusicals Profile Photo
RaisedOnMusicals
#31Dear evabelieven hansen? Whitewashing?
Posted: 11/13/18 at 10:01am

\_(•_&bullDear evabelieven hansen? Whitewashing?_/ said: "Why is there no POC evans?"

1. You immediately lost all credibility when you used the term "whitewashing" incorrectly;

2. Ditto with the rest of your unreadable subject line;

3. I'll simply point out that you joined the board a month ago, for what it's worth.

CZJ at opening night party for A Little Night Music, Dec 13, 2009.

thedrybandit
#32Dear evabelieven hansen? Whitewashing?
Posted: 11/13/18 at 11:24am

Kelley10 said: "After tonight I promise you all I will never write another word on this site.

I don't want to be the one to set you off. I hope you only you have good experiences.

Bye people bye bye.
"

So.... you come here, say that Connor might hate his sister because she's another race, and then clarify "Oh no no, it's because she's adopted" and get annoyed because it was called out for being a dumb comment?

We'll miss your insight.

BroadwayRox3588 Profile Photo
BroadwayRox3588
#33Dear evabelieven hansen? Whitewashing?
Posted: 11/13/18 at 5:52pm

Where's Dave? I'm surprised he hasn't chimed in here.

BroadwayRox3588 Profile Photo
BroadwayRox3588
#34Dear evabelieven hansen? Whitewashing?
Posted: 11/13/18 at 5:55pm

Bye people bye bye.
"

Oh honey. Why don't you try finishing middle school before you come to the adult table? Also, just using the word "whitewashing" in a sentence doesn't make you "woke."

Dave28282 Profile Photo
Dave28282
#35Dear evabelieven hansen? Whitewashing?
Posted: 11/14/18 at 4:53pm

BroadwayRox3588 said: "Where's Dave? I'm surprised he hasn't chimed in here."

Thanks for asking, but I didn't react because I think the OP is joking. Nobody can be that unworldly.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#36Dear evabelieven hansen? Whitewashing?
Posted: 11/14/18 at 5:07pm

Why is there no POC evans?

Why is people so bad at grammar?

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

Wicked132
#37Dear evabelieven hansen? Whitewashing?
Posted: 11/19/18 at 9:05am

As others have stated, there is no whitewashing in DEH. To explain further, you cannot whitewash a character in a show if their ethnicity does not contribute to the story or who they are. Such is the case with DEH, who treats the colour of skin to be unimportant to this particular story they're telling. 

Examples of  shows that DO address POC are OOTI, The Colour Purple & Hairspray. Another example is the understudy for Anna in frozen Aisha is a POC, but this isn't important, because it's about the character & the story, neither of which focus on the actresses skin colour. Other examples are... All the Hamilton casts, Nicollette in Waitress. Olivia as u/s Zoe.

In summary: Present day theatre does not see colour unless it is specifically called to.

Updated On: 11/19/18 at 09:05 AM

Videos