pixeltracker

Just bought the Aida soundtrack...luvin adam in it how bout you?- Page 2

Just bought the Aida soundtrack...luvin adam in it how bout you?

Type_A_Tiff Profile Photo
Type_A_Tiff
#25re: Just bought the Aida soundtrack...luvin adam in it how bout you?
Posted: 2/18/05 at 1:27am

I enjoy Sherie (and Lisa)'s performance as well as the staging in that song, but I don't find it to be a stand-out, IMO. It really depends on the Amneris, whereas the three songs that I listed give me chills no matter who's playing Aida. (Yes, including Toni. Barely.)

"It's not always about you!!!" (But if you think I'm referring to you anyway, then I probably am.)

"Good luck returning my ass!" - Wilhemina Slater

"This is my breakfast, lunch and f***ing dinner right here. I'm not even f***in' joking." - Colin Farrell

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#26re: Just bought the Aida soundtrack...luvin adam in it how bout you?
Posted: 2/18/05 at 1:30am

I like it! It's so character-driven; that was the point where you really saw Amneris change. I saw Sherie, Felicia and Lisa and loved them all on it. re: Just bought the Aida soundtrack...luvin adam in it how bout you?

A work of art is an invitation to love.

#27re: Just bought the Aida soundtrack...luvin adam in it how bout you?
Posted: 2/18/05 at 1:31am

Tiff - I actually do just like the song itself - even Donny Osmond did a fairly decent version of it - that has to say SOMETHING for it's viability!

Simone is an old friend of mine, so her God Loves Nubia is my favorite (I know, SACRILEGE!) I'm very happy I have her performance of it on the Today Show on tape re: Just bought the Aida soundtrack...luvin adam in it how bout you? Updated On: 2/18/05 at 01:31 AM

luvtheEmcee
#28re: Just bought the Aida soundtrack...luvin adam in it how bout you?
Posted: 2/18/05 at 2:02am

*grumbles that she didn't see Simone*

The opinions on her were so varied, I wish I could've seen for myself.

Type_A_Tiff Profile Photo
Type_A_Tiff
#29re: Just bought the Aida soundtrack...luvin adam in it how bout you?
Posted: 2/18/05 at 2:08am

I concur, Emcee. I've heard clips of her and I like what I heard though.

DGrant, is Donny the one who sings on the concept album? I listened to parts of the concept album once and never again.

"It's not always about you!!!" (But if you think I'm referring to you anyway, then I probably am.)

"Good luck returning my ass!" - Wilhemina Slater

"This is my breakfast, lunch and f***ing dinner right here. I'm not even f***in' joking." - Colin Farrell

eatlasagna
#30re: Just bought the Aida soundtrack...luvin adam in it how bout you?
Posted: 2/18/05 at 2:48am

Elaborate Lives and the reprise to me are just the most beautiful songs in the show... i listen to those on the CD all the time... the dance break in Dance of the Robe is really nice to listen to... oh and I absolutely love the piano during the Enchantment Passing Through Reprise... it's so melodic to me and makes me feel so peaceful... so beautiful... aahhh....

once again... hate the Zoser songs... arggh

but besides that... my least favorite song is Fortune Favors the Brave

eslgr8 Profile Photo
eslgr8
#31re: Just bought the Aida soundtrack...luvin adam in it how bout you?
Posted: 2/18/05 at 3:17am

MY *OPINIONS*
BORING SONGS: Elaborate Lives, The Gods Love Nubia, Written In The Stars (I know, I know, so many of you love them but not me)
EXTRAORDINARY SONGS: Easy as Life (so powerful, can't believe others haven't mentioned it), I Know the Truth (maybe the most powerful in the show), Every Story is a Love Story, My Strongest Suit (I just realized that it's mostly the Amneris songs I love)
GOOD BUT NOT MY FAVORITES: A Step Too Far, Not Me, Enchantment Passing Through

erinrebecca
#32re: Just bought the Aida soundtrack...luvin adam in it how bout you?
Posted: 2/18/05 at 7:36am

To the OP, the AIDA tour did hit Canada. It was in Toronto when Jeremy Kushnier was Radames. Judging from your username, I would have thought you'd know that. re: Just bought the Aida soundtrack...luvin adam in it how bout you?

QueenMuppet Profile Photo
QueenMuppet
#33re: Just bought the Aida soundtrack...luvin adam in it how bout you?
Posted: 2/18/05 at 8:01am

Am I the only one who actually liked the Zoser songs? I always felt they kicked ass live on stage. I agree they sound a bit too 'pop-ish' on the OCR but live they were great.

DGrant, you keep spreading the word about Patrick re: Just bought the Aida soundtrack...luvin adam in it how bout you? But I love the 'scratchy clawing at the notes'. re: Just bought the Aida soundtrack...luvin adam in it how bout you?

QM

'He really wasn't good as Fieyro. Is it just me or does he sort of come across as a pimp? Just...the hand motions I've seen him do and the attitude..not that Taye is a pimp.' - SallyBrown on Taye Diggs as Fiyero

EverythingIsRENT Profile Photo
EverythingIsRENT
#34re: Just bought the Aida soundtrack...luvin adam in it how bout you?
Posted: 2/18/05 at 8:12am

wow, people are really touchy about the term "soundtrack" huh!? Didn't think it was that big of a deal.

Anyway Nothing can beat Sherie and Adam, but by biggest problem with the cd is I really don't like Heathers voice!! I know she won a Tony and all, but, her voice just grates on me. Seeing AIDA LIVE was amazing, and i'm glad I got to see it before it closed!! ::sniff::

Sunchips: Best Kept Secret in the chip aisle!!

TGIF Profile Photo
TGIF
#35re: Just bought the Aida soundtrack...luvin adam in it how bout you?
Posted: 2/18/05 at 8:54am

Wow, I love Heathers voice.

I think all the songs worked for me except Zosers songs, yet I liked Radames part in Like Father, mostly because it showed Adam's more "rock" side in this part - but thats just when he's singing it :).

I for one LOVE I Know the Truth and Every Story. Strongest Suit is fun to watch not my *favorite* Amneris song.

I want to write music. I want to sit down right now at my piano and write a song that people will listen to and remember and do the same thing every morning...for the rest of my life. - Jonathan Larson. Tick, Tick...BOOM!

#36AIDA..all we ask of you....
Posted: 2/18/05 at 9:21am

I have always liked this show.

I have to agree that the girls make out the best with the songs.
Easy as Life is AMAZING
I know the Ttuth also....

This show is one of my favorites.

My Fair Lady Profile Photo
My Fair Lady
#37AIDA..all we ask of you....
Posted: 2/18/05 at 9:32am

I actually don't really like the music, but some of the songs are good. However most of them either bore me or make me cringe. And yeah, John Hickok is really good, so I feel badly that he got awful songs. I got to see him in Little Women and meet him and he made fun of me! Sorry, random moment.

#38AIDA..all we ask of you....
Posted: 2/18/05 at 9:40am

Tiff - Donny sings I Know the Truth on his CD This is the Moment, which is all Broadway songs.

mirramar
#39AIDA..all we ask of you....
Posted: 2/18/05 at 9:52am

I LOVE Aida! I wish I'd seen it more than once when it was in NYC (especially since I saw the first half of the show in front row rush seats - terrible). Thank goodness the tour coincides w/ my trip to KC! Anyone know how the touring cast is?

#40AIDA..all we ask of you....
Posted: 2/18/05 at 10:02am

Mirramar - that tour is not doing the Bob Crowley designed production - it's supposedly much more 'traditional Hollywoodized Egyptian'.

mirramar
#41AIDA..all we ask of you....
Posted: 2/18/05 at 10:35am

Does this mean that everything is going to be completely different? Choreography, sets, etc?

matthius202
#42AIDA..all we ask of you....
Posted: 2/18/05 at 10:45am

i think i'm the only american (who likes musical theater) who does NOT like adam paschal. i'm sorry. i just don't. SOMETIMES he'll sing a phrase and i'm like...that was good. but overall, he gets on my ever living last nerve. but heather headley and sherie rene scott...i DO love them. (and the guy who plays Mereb). sorry if i offend. :)

"Be not like dumb, driven cattle. Be a hero in the strife." A Psalm of Life...Walt Whitman

luvtheEmcee
#43AIDA..all we ask of you....
Posted: 2/18/05 at 10:51am

QM - musically, the Zoser songs aren't the strongest in the show, but I definitely agree that they were fun on stage. The choreography was a little weird, but it was fun to watch... with all of the colored lighting and such, too.

To all of you who are saying his songs are "awful" I think you need to realize that they're songs written to tell you something about the character, not necessarily to be mind-blowingly good. AND, it's a pretty flat character at that. The same goes for Fortune, I think. That was really written because the creative team needed some way to introduce Radames through a song - that song went through several stages of metamorphosis before it even semi-worked, as did they character. Originally, Radames was essentially cardboard - you saw no emotions, no motivation - he was just like a puppy in love with a beautiful woman.
... just a point on interest when you're judging these songs, I think. A lot of them are more character-driven than they are musically driven, which hurts the musical/lyrical aspect of them.

mirramar - the sets and costumes are different on this new tour. It's not really the Disney production, physically. The music and book sound like they're similar, with a couple of changes. For example, Aida's singing what on Broadway was Radames' Letter, and originally was sung by Amneris. It's really the owner-less letter, I suppose. AIDA..all we ask of you....

MFL.... why did he make fun of you? I hope he was just playing around! I've always found him to be very nice. AIDA..all we ask of you....

QueenMuppet
#44AIDA..all we ask of you....
Posted: 2/18/05 at 10:51am

No, Matthius, you're not the only one who doesn't like 'Adam Paschal'. He is so trying to copy the real thing...
Now Adam PASCAL on the other, we all love him. AIDA..all we ask of you....

QM

'He really wasn't good as Fieyro. Is it just me or does he sort of come across as a pimp? Just...the hand motions I've seen him do and the attitude..not that Taye is a pimp.' - SallyBrown on Taye Diggs as Fiyero

luvtheEmcee
#45AIDA..all we ask of you....
Posted: 2/18/05 at 10:55am

Well done, QM. I thought it was Pascohl, though? AIDA..all we ask of you....

Matthius, trust me. There's quite a large camp of people who dislike him.

mirramar
#46AIDA..all we ask of you....
Posted: 2/18/05 at 10:58am

luvtheEmcee, thanks for answering my question, I appreciate it.

luvtheEmcee
#47AIDA..all we ask of you....
Posted: 2/18/05 at 11:00am

No prob. I'm on the fence about whether to see it or not if it comes to somewhere within decent driving distance of NYC.

QueenMuppet
#48AIDA..all we ask of you....
Posted: 2/18/05 at 11:04am

'QM - musically, the Zoser songs aren't the strongest in the show, but I definitely agree that they were fun on stage. The choreography was a little weird, but it was fun to watch... with all of the colored lighting and such, too.'

My friend always thought it was like Janet Jackson in a cheap dance/sex club... exactly the right setting for a campy disco captain, right? AIDA..all we ask of you....

Oh, yes, Pascohl, we've heard all variations. AIDA..all we ask of you....

QM

Updated On: 2/18/05 at 11:04 AM

luvtheEmcee
#49AIDA..all we ask of you....
Posted: 2/18/05 at 11:13am

wooo, campy captain! I bet he loved it. :-P

... Pascle?

Updated On: 2/18/05 at 11:13 AM

Videos