POP STARS ON BROADWAY?

Blucat5002 Profile Photo
Blucat5002
#25re: POP STARS ON BROADWAY?
Posted: 3/21/05 at 5:12pm

Well if nothing else Kelly could hit the notes and as far as acting it seems unfair to write her off, did she ever really have a chance with From Justin To Kelly? Updated On: 3/21/05 at 05:12 PM

kangaroo Profile Photo
kangaroo
#26re: POP STARS ON BROADWAY?
Posted: 3/21/05 at 8:20pm

I agree with Josh Groban... as anything on Broadway. {Well, maybe not in RENT}

But I dont' know if this shows you anything... but he did do a one day special on Broadway {I think it was the Actor's Fund day} where he performed CHESS with Adam, Sutton, and other Broadway Stars

NIL MAGNUM NISI BONUM "No greatness without goodness."

RENThead, enLIGHist, Ozalot, Grobanite, Ringer, Pickwick LW, Wicked, Lost, American Dreams, West Wing
Lea S. Hugh J. Adam P. Idina M. Matt M. Taye D.

Footlooser Profile Photo
Footlooser
#27re: POP STARS ON BROADWAY?
Posted: 3/21/05 at 8:45pm

Honestly I would love to see Kelly sing Elphaba. I would also like to see Mandy Moore as Leisle in "The Sound of Music" I think that Justin Timberlake would be awsome in Naked boys singing, but then again that may just be because he is freaking hott. Yes hot with two t's hot.

"You know just because you put a smiley face after it doesn't change the fact that it was an a-hole comment." ~ Sumofallthings

kangaroo Profile Photo
kangaroo
#28re: POP STARS ON BROADWAY?
Posted: 3/21/05 at 8:48pm

Josh Groban technically isn't a pop star, so

NO POP STARS... while there are some small exceptions, the majority should never step foot on Broadway

NIL MAGNUM NISI BONUM "No greatness without goodness."

RENThead, enLIGHist, Ozalot, Grobanite, Ringer, Pickwick LW, Wicked, Lost, American Dreams, West Wing
Lea S. Hugh J. Adam P. Idina M. Matt M. Taye D.

BroadwayGirl107 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirl107
#29re: POP STARS ON BROADWAY?
Posted: 3/21/05 at 10:28pm

"Are you guys serious about Kelly Clarkson in Wicked? I think she's great, but I'm surprised to hear her name mentioned here. She barely gets any respect in the pop music world"

So? What does that mean? She's an extraordinary talent, and whether or not the "pop music world" pays her respect or not means nothing as far as my opinion of her talent.

For those of you basing her acting abilities off of From Justin to Kelly, I doubt any actress could do much with that movie. Not that I'm making excuses, she could very well be a horribe actress no matter what, and that would be a shame. She was quite funny in the one or two skits she was in on SNL though. *shrug*

I could see her as Elphaba, but the reason I mentioned her as Maureen in Rent was because--if you've ever seen her perform live--you can tell she just comes alive with the music and does a great job of acting a song (see: "Stuff Like That There"). I think she has potential.

whatyouown223 Profile Photo
whatyouown223
#30re: POP STARS ON BROADWAY?
Posted: 3/21/05 at 10:34pm

Brittany Murphy isn't really a pop star, but she'd be one kick ass Maureen.

broadway86 Profile Photo
broadway86
#31re: POP STARS ON BROADWAY?
Posted: 3/21/05 at 10:34pm

I could definitely see Kelly as Elphaba, but I'd rather see how Aguilera did in that part.

Just a random thought: What about Gwen Stefani as Eva Peron? If Madonna can do it...

Footlooser Profile Photo
Footlooser
#32re: POP STARS ON BROADWAY?
Posted: 3/22/05 at 12:27am

I would acctually like to see Kelly Clarkson as Julie in "Carousel"

"You know just because you put a smiley face after it doesn't change the fact that it was an a-hole comment." ~ Sumofallthings

Justice Profile Photo
Justice
#33re: POP STARS ON BROADWAY?
Posted: 3/22/05 at 12:42am

But her acting is horrendous, and Julie is a Big time dramatic role.

"Do you know what pledge time is, Andrew"? said the PBS Executive. "Yes", Lloyd Webber replied. "My 50th birthday special must be one program that gets done a lot." "No", mused the man from PBS heedlessy. "Not so much. Our Stephen Sondheim Carnegie Hall concert. That's a big one." Spoons, forks and knives seemed suddenly to suspend their motion in horror, all around the table.

mollyllom Profile Photo
mollyllom
#34re: POP STARS ON BROADWAY?
Posted: 3/22/05 at 12:56am

Whoever said Gwen Stefani--she sounds great recorded, but I've seen numerous performances she did on TV--Grammy's and various other awards shows--and she's awful. totally disappointed me, I got the definete impression she can't sing at all.

I think Clay Aiken would be great on Broadway. He started off on American Idol with the recognizable musical theater voice, and he's gone into pop music, but I think he should do musical theater. He'd be outstanding.

http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=13865158 please =D

Videos