POP STARS ON BROADWAY?

shameless Profile Photo
shameless
#0POP STARS ON BROADWAY?
Posted: 3/21/05 at 10:28am

FORGET BRITNEY, BUT WHICH POP STARS, IF ANY, DO YOU THINK WOULD DO WELL ON BROADWAY?

I HAVE TO SAY CHRISTINA AGUILERA. DESPITE WHAT PEOPLE MAY THINK OF HER, IF YOU CAN HEAR, YOU HAVE TO ADMIT THE GIRL'S GOT PIPES.

Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be enbered with your old nonsense. ~ Emerson

wickedfiyeroofoz Profile Photo
wickedfiyeroofoz
#1re: POP STARS ON BROADWAY?
Posted: 3/21/05 at 10:38am

Jason Mraz!!! I really want this to happen!!! He went to school for musical theater...then he dropped out i think....wouldnt it be cool? re: POP STARS ON BROADWAY?

How can they see with sequins in their eyes?

broadway86 Profile Photo
broadway86
#2re: POP STARS ON BROADWAY?
Posted: 3/21/05 at 11:27am

Jason Mraz is da bomb! I still say he would make a great Mark in "Rent".

MagicToDo82 Profile Photo
MagicToDo82
#3re: POP STARS ON BROADWAY?
Posted: 3/21/05 at 11:30am

Lets just keep all the popstars from invading other shows and do a big flashy revival of Grease. That way, everyone from Jessica SimpsonAshlee Simpson/Nick Lachey/Drew Lachey to Kelly Osbourne to Britney/Christina/Mandy to whomever can say they did a Broadway musical, and we won't have to listen to them butcher every show - just Grease, which honestly has been butchered before and still survived to be an entertaning show.

There's always room for pathos - and jazz hands.

Justice Profile Photo
Justice
#4re: POP STARS ON BROADWAY?
Posted: 3/21/05 at 12:22pm

Jason Mraz has a great voice, but he does not have the look for "Roger". Jason Mraz, on the other hand, would make a great Fiyero.

"Do you know what pledge time is, Andrew"? said the PBS Executive. "Yes", Lloyd Webber replied. "My 50th birthday special must be one program that gets done a lot." "No", mused the man from PBS heedlessy. "Not so much. Our Stephen Sondheim Carnegie Hall concert. That's a big one." Spoons, forks and knives seemed suddenly to suspend their motion in horror, all around the table.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#5re: POP STARS ON BROADWAY?
Posted: 3/21/05 at 12:23pm

shameless, do you think you could stop posting in ALL CAPS?

A work of art is an invitation to love.

Justice Profile Photo
Justice
#6re: POP STARS ON BROADWAY?
Posted: 3/21/05 at 12:41pm

I also like that Mos Def made his B'way debut in Top Dog/Underdog.
I'm waiting for Queen LAtifah to make hers.

"Do you know what pledge time is, Andrew"? said the PBS Executive. "Yes", Lloyd Webber replied. "My 50th birthday special must be one program that gets done a lot." "No", mused the man from PBS heedlessy. "Not so much. Our Stephen Sondheim Carnegie Hall concert. That's a big one." Spoons, forks and knives seemed suddenly to suspend their motion in horror, all around the table.

broadway86 Profile Photo
broadway86
#7re: POP STARS ON BROADWAY?
Posted: 3/21/05 at 1:10pm

Justice-

I said that he would make a great Mark.

Justice Profile Photo
Justice
#8re: POP STARS ON BROADWAY?
Posted: 3/21/05 at 1:11pm

You're right B'way. Sorry about that.

broadway86 Profile Photo
broadway86
#9re: POP STARS ON BROADWAY?
Posted: 3/21/05 at 1:19pm

No worries. However, I do agree that he would be a horrendous Roger.

whatyouown223 Profile Photo
whatyouown223
#10re: POP STARS ON BROADWAY?
Posted: 3/21/05 at 1:30pm

Yes, Jason as Mark!

whatyouown223 Profile Photo
whatyouown223
#11re: POP STARS ON BROADWAY?
Posted: 3/21/05 at 1:30pm

Also, Josh Groban as Raoul.

BroadwayGirl107 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirl107
#12re: POP STARS ON BROADWAY?
Posted: 3/21/05 at 1:38pm

I think Kelly Clarkson would be one hell of a Maureen Johnson. That's just me, though.

I sure hope she can act.

bill mobley
#13re: POP STARS ON BROADWAY?
Posted: 3/21/05 at 1:42pm

Bobby Brown and Whitney Houston doing Sondheim's "We're gonna be alright."
I know this group is not Pop per se, but the song from Mama Mia, "Thank you for the Music," seemed written for The Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir to perform somewhere.

#14re: POP STARS ON BROADWAY?
Posted: 3/21/05 at 1:43pm

I'll keep saying it- George Michael- what a voice!

shameless Profile Photo
shameless
#15re: POP STARS ON BROADWAY?
Posted: 3/21/05 at 2:24pm

my bad Emcee, i'm working between posting and i have to use all caps
i'll try, can't promise anything

Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be enbered with your old nonsense. ~ Emerson

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#16re: POP STARS ON BROADWAY?
Posted: 3/21/05 at 2:25pm

It's okay, it's just kind of daunting to read. re: POP STARS ON BROADWAY?

A work of art is an invitation to love.

CurtainUp Profile Photo
CurtainUp
#17re: POP STARS ON BROADWAY?
Posted: 3/21/05 at 2:48pm

I think Gwen Stefani could definitely hold her own on a Broadway stage. She's got a voice, style, personality and TONS of stage presence - she's practically a trendsetter. I bet she could do Maureen, I bet her OTM would be awesome!

Rosencrantz: "Be happy - if you're not even HAPPY what's so good about surviving? We'll be all right. I suppose we just go on." - from Tom Stoppard's Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

GirlforTartaglia Profile Photo
GirlforTartaglia
#18re: POP STARS ON BROADWAY?
Posted: 3/21/05 at 3:56pm

Josh Groban I think could be very well with all ages..but can he act?

And the other thing about the Phantom Lady was, Bert, she realized, in the city that never sleeps... What did she realize, Kitten? That all the songs she'd listened to, all the love songs, that they were only songs. What's wrong with that? Nothing, if you don't believe in them. But she did, you see. She believed in enchanted evenings, and she believed that a small cloud passed overhead and cried down on a flower bed, and she even believed there was breakfast to be had... Where? On Pluto. The mysterious, icy wastes of Pluto.

Jwei123 Profile Photo
Jwei123
#19re: POP STARS ON BROADWAY?
Posted: 3/21/05 at 3:59pm

curtain up~ now im really intruiged to see gwen's otm!

awkward.

"I think it was the Korean tour or something. They were all frickin' asian!" -Zoran912

Blucat5002 Profile Photo
Blucat5002
#20re: POP STARS ON BROADWAY?
Posted: 3/21/05 at 4:35pm

Kelly Clarkson as Elphaba!!

shameless Profile Photo
shameless
#21re: POP STARS ON BROADWAY?
Posted: 3/21/05 at 4:39pm

Are you guys serious about Kelly Clarkson in Wicked? I think she's great, but I'm surprised to hear her name mentioned here. She barely gets any respect in the pop music world.

CrAzIaBoUtReNt
#22re: POP STARS ON BROADWAY?
Posted: 3/21/05 at 4:39pm

I LOVED the idea of Ryan Cabrera as either Mark or Roger in RENT. I hope he decides to join the cast. re: POP STARS ON BROADWAY?

Justice Profile Photo
Justice
#23re: POP STARS ON BROADWAY?
Posted: 3/21/05 at 4:40pm

Nelly Furtado.
I know that there are many Nelly haters, but her duet with Michael Buble proves that she is capable of having a "showtune" quality to her voice.
I would love to see her on stage someday, as I have been to her concerts, and she has proven that she has amazing stage presence.

Madame X2 Profile Photo
Madame X2
#24re: POP STARS ON BROADWAY?
Posted: 3/21/05 at 4:41pm

"Kelly Clarkson as Elphaba!!"

Have you seen "From Justin to Kelly"? One of the worst movies I'ver ever seen. I don't think she has any really credible acting ability.

Videos