Stage Door Egos

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#25re: Stage Door Egos
Posted: 4/25/05 at 9:49pm

Sutton took a LONG time to get out but she was sooo nice. I don't tink I've really met anyone nasty at the stage door or otherwise (I've only seen two shows). And from all the bad things I've heard about Michelle, she seemed nice when I met her.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#26re: Stage Door Egos
Posted: 4/25/05 at 9:51pm

Good point.

Most actors don't stop at the stage door. They keep walking. It may seem rude if they just stand there and say, "AIGHT WHO WANTS ONE?" If you don't stop them, they won't stop.

Although, and it was hilarious, Don Stephenson signed some autographs after Dracula and just stood there waiting for more people to offer him their playbills.

Then we have John Lithgow who took it upon himself to sign my playbill twice, and put one line through the first sgnature to cross it out.

We also have Joey McIntyre who tried to sign my playbill twice - and when JLT attempted the same thing, I hid my playbill - she gave me a look like "Ummm, ok, then...be like that!"

And Idina, who took it upon herself to "accidently" hit me on the head with the corner of the playbill. Even though I was wearing a winter hat, I still got a little mark. But boy she's lucky she's hot (and had all those bodyguards)....j/k

Natalie VB was the one person I really wanted to meet - and she didn't come out re: Stage Door Egos - oh, well!

And Michelle signed my stuff so I was happy. But I saw her twice and the second night she was horrible. But it's ok...she was probably jealous of Idina and tried to create herself as a Diva.

Updated On: 4/25/05 at 09:51 PM

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#27re: Stage Door Egos
Posted: 4/25/05 at 9:52pm

When I waited at the stage door for "Putting It Together," Bronson Pinchot practically ran past us, hoping not to be seen. It was really weird. I was a big fan of "Perfect Strangers" as a kid, so I gathered the nerve to chase after him and get him to sign my program and tell him how much of a fan I was...I felt kinda stupid, since he obviously wanted to be left alone.

Yankeefan007
#28re: Stage Door Egos
Posted: 4/25/05 at 9:52pm

yea, hes very rude

MTRBOI24
#29re: Stage Door Egos
Posted: 4/25/05 at 9:54pm

An actor isnt going to stop and give autographs unless you ask. They aren't just going to assume someone wants an autograph and say "Who want's it?" lol Im sure thats what Philip Bosco did, and no one asked.

wickedfan Profile Photo
wickedfan
#30re: Stage Door Egos
Posted: 4/25/05 at 9:55pm

I've never met anyone who was nasty at the stagedoor. At worst, they would just rush out past the crowd. I've had that happen with Christopher Sieber, Michelle Federer (but I ran after her and she was extremely kind when I asked for an autograph), Joanna Gleason (in all fairness, she had a cold and it was freezing outside-she probably wanted to get home) and a few others. But I've never had anyone "growl" at me or make a face as if it was a huge burden to do it.
dancing- i went through that with Sutton during Millie. She was great the first time I saw it (right after the Tonys) but the second time I saw it (near the end of her run with the show)she took an hour! But it was worth it. The woman is just the sweetest.

"Sing the words, Patti!!!!" Stephen Sondheim to Patti LuPone.

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#31re: Stage Door Egos
Posted: 4/25/05 at 9:56pm

If someone growled at me, I'd growl back.

MTRBOI24
#32re: Stage Door Egos
Posted: 4/25/05 at 9:57pm

Harvey is DEFINITLEY the NASTIEST!

Joshua488
#33re: Stage Door Egos
Posted: 4/25/05 at 10:01pm

Barbara Walsh of HAIRSPRAY totally walked out of the stage door on her cell phone right past me. I think I was the only person in the audience that truly appreciated her amazing talents in such a small role, and so I smiled and motioned my Playbill to her, but she glanced at me and kept walking. Bitch.

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#34re: Stage Door Egos
Posted: 4/25/05 at 10:06pm

That's my baby mommy!

dancingthrulife04
#35re: Stage Door Egos
Posted: 4/25/05 at 10:06pm

We also have Joey McIntyre who tried to sign my playbill twice

Haha Cary Shields did the same thing to me when I saw Rent. I aske dhim for a picture and he told me to hold on and then he cam eback and took my playbill again and then went "Oh, picture?" and started laughing, But he's so sweet.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

carlobarlo
#36re: Stage Door Egos
Posted: 4/25/05 at 10:09pm

When I saw Little Women Megan McGinness was kind of rude which was really wierd cause in the show she's such a sweetheart, but I later found out that nearly everyone in that cast was sick(Including her) and she most likely just wanted to get home, but Jenny Powers, Jim Weitzer(sp), and Sutton Foster were so nice that it made up for megan.

NYC_or_Bust Profile Photo
NYC_or_Bust
#37re: Stage Door Egos
Posted: 4/25/05 at 10:10pm

Dixie Carter is awesome. She was incredibly late to Millie last May and I waited before the show actually, as to avoid the crowd afterwords (glad I did, it was crazy), but I think she arrived at the theatre at 7:50 but she still took time to sign an autograph and take a picture with me, I went back again the second night and she was so surprised to see me again, but I love DC with all my heart. I thought it was so funny that soon after Burke left the show, Carter came in, I was just waiting for Jean Smart and Annie Potts to take over as well, (respectively)

I adore the black band holding on the Phantom's mask. ~ Jenna2

Joshua488
#38re: Stage Door Egos
Posted: 4/25/05 at 10:11pm

Who is your baby mommy? Barbara Walsh?

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
dancingthrulife04
#40re: Stage Door Egos
Posted: 4/25/05 at 10:16pm

I have to agree with carlobarlo Megan wa sa little on the standoffish side, but over all she was ok. Sutton Foster, Jenny Powers, and Danny gurwin were soooo sweet.

Mamie Profile Photo
Mamie
#41re: Stage Door Egos
Posted: 4/25/05 at 10:24pm

I was stunned to hear that comment about Hunter Foster. One afternoon I went to see the matinee of Urinetown and arrived early. There were a few other people also waiting out on the sidewalk in front of the theatre, including a little girl and her mother. The girl looked about 10 and she was carrying a photo of Hunter Foster. All she could talk about was seeing HF in person and how wonderful he was and how cute, etc. She obviously had a BIG crush.

At one point I noticed some motion behind me and I turned and saw Hunter standing at the stage door. (The door for the Henry Miller was to the left of the audience entrance and it was also covered with the painted boards. To enter, the cast member had to knock on the door and wait for someone inside to let them in.) While Hunter was waiting, I got the attention of the little girl and pointed him out to her. She rushed over and asked him for an autograph. Not only did he sign her picture, he also asked the guy who answered his knock to get him a Playbill and he signed that as well. Then he posed for a couple of pictures with the little girl. And all of this happened on his way INTO the theatre. I thought he deserved a gold medal for acting just as wonderful as the little girl thought he was!

www.thebreastcancersite.com
A click for life.
mamie4 5/14/03

Princeton78 Profile Photo
Princeton78
#42re: Stage Door Egos
Posted: 4/25/05 at 10:25pm

Randy Harrison after "Wicked." He signed, but looked incredibly annoyed throughout. My friend and I took pictures with him, and he looks horribly sour in both of them.

"Y'all have a GRAND day now"

KelRel Profile Photo
KelRel
#43re: Stage Door Egos
Posted: 4/25/05 at 10:32pm

On the national tour of RENT Constantine from AI was distant and rude. He signed my playbill but was on his cell phone the whole time and STILL playing with his stupid hair!

"All the while making faces like a baby platypus who forget to take some Beano before eating a chimichanga." FindingNamo in reference to Jessica Simpson's singing.

Amneris Profile Photo
Amneris
#44re: Stage Door Egos
Posted: 4/25/05 at 10:39pm

Matt G- It's not only you that Tomei treated like crap or other fans. I've been told that she also treats her coworkers the exact same way... nice right?

admanrich Profile Photo
admanrich
#45re: Stage Door Egos
Posted: 4/25/05 at 10:43pm

Not crazy about Michelle. I don't she's being rude, I just think she's very shy, she barely said one word to anyone at the stage door when she came out.

Not a fan of Ramona Keller. She didn't say one word to anyone and didn't even mouth "Thank you" or something like that when I congratulated her on her performance.

Jennifer Laura Thompson was very shy though probably because no one recognized her--she looks so different. It took us ten minutes to realize that it was her when she got out. She just went over to talk to some people and slipped past everyone until someone was like "Jennifer over here!"

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#46re: Stage Door Egos
Posted: 4/25/05 at 10:44pm

Matt G- It's not only you that Tomei treated like crap or other fans. I've been told that she also treats her coworkers the exact same way... nice right?

Then she's just a b!tch and we mustn't castrate her for that.

Joshua488
#47re: Stage Door Egos
Posted: 4/25/05 at 10:45pm

JLT is a sweetie at the stage door!

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#48re: Stage Door Egos
Posted: 4/25/05 at 10:46pm

Hunter is cool.

I swear he recognized me when I saw his last The Producers performance.

broadwaystar2b Profile Photo
broadwaystar2b
#49re: Stage Door Egos
Posted: 4/25/05 at 10:47pm

My worst stagedoor experience wasn't related to a specific person, but I did end up bruising my leg because of some very rude fans at the Wicked stagedoor
and after that, I have even more respect for what actors have to deal with before they go home

Videos