Stage Door Egos

NYC_or_Bust Profile Photo
NYC_or_Bust
#0Stage Door Egos
Posted: 4/25/05 at 9:22pm

In your opinion/experiences: Who are the a$$holes of current broadway shows (at the stage door)?

I adore the black band holding on the Phantom's mask. ~ Jenna2

My Fair Lady Profile Photo
My Fair Lady
#1re: Stage Door Egos
Posted: 4/25/05 at 9:25pm

Hunter Foster. As talented as he is, in my experience he's proven to be an asshole.

ShuQ Profile Photo
ShuQ
#2re: Stage Door Egos

Who cares? They just gave you your money's worth by working their "a$$es" off on the stage....I just said it once and I'll say it again....stage door isn't a right. I'm glad that I get to meet anyone at the stagedoor whether they're jerks or not.

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#3re: Stage Door Egos

Hunter is very nice at the stage door.

I am quite an ASShole at the stage door - I'll admit it.

My Fair Lady Profile Photo
My Fair Lady
#4re: Stage Door Egos
Posted: 4/25/05 at 9:27pm

I think I caught Hunter on a bad day. And I'll add, he's amazingly talented. Also, I've heard that he's shy. So I take back my comment.

NYC_or_Bust
#5re: Stage Door Egos
Posted: 4/25/05 at 9:29pm

I had the pleasure of working with Terrance Mann at the lost colony, and I'll never forget he said," A true performer knows: The show starts at call and doesn't end until you get home"

#6re: Stage Door Egos
Posted: 4/25/05 at 9:31pm

I haven't met that many actors at stage doors, but everyone I have met has been gracious, pleasant and patient while signing playbills and whatnot for everyone - so I have not had any unpleasant experiences. I was just happy enough to say hello and go on my way.

broadway86 Profile Photo
broadway86
#7re: Stage Door Egos
Posted: 4/25/05 at 9:31pm

Not exactly current but Ned Beatty, Ned Beatty, and... Ned Beatty. I politely asked him for his autograph, and he growled at me. Literally. To this day, he is the only person to ever be flat-out rude to me.

In response to ShuQ: It never hurts to be nice to your fans.

NYC_or_Bust, I'm glad that Mann said that.
Updated On: 4/25/05 at 09:31 PM

WickedShopofQ Profile Photo
WickedShopofQ
#8re: Stage Door Egos
Posted: 4/25/05 at 9:33pm

i would just like to say that Hank Azaria and David Hyde Pierce are the nicest when it comes to stage door autographs. they reached over people to get playbills to sign and couldnt be more pleasant.

...Please understand that it's still strange and frightning...

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#9re: Stage Door Egos

Marisa Tomei is without a doubt, the nastiest, most vile actress I've ever met. Luckilly I found out she treats most of her fans this way, so it wasn't just me.

"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#10re: Stage Door Egos

Harvey Fierstein.

And if you want to go with talent/role to kindness - Michelle Federer is the worst.

And if I were in a show I guarantee I would be an ASS - because I hate strangers and am sort of shy.

MissElphie Profile Photo
MissElphie
#11re: Stage Door Egos
Posted: 4/25/05 at 9:35pm

Really? Marisa Tomei? My boyfriend met her and said she was sweet. He also said Al Pacino was the NICEST guy at the stage door.

NYC_or_Bust
#12re: Stage Door Egos
Posted: 4/25/05 at 9:37pm

I don't think I've met a STAR or performer that was rude (and I hope I don't have to in a couple weeks), but I will say Christy Carlson Ramano's pint sized bodyguard was a jerk. He was a real life Barney Fife type....I couldn't help but to laugh right in his face though, I'm only 5'8', and that's not too tall, but I mean, honestly, this guy had to be at least 5'2'

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#13re: Stage Door Egos

Pacino is a great guy. I've never heard anything to the contrary from his fans.

"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."

broadway86 Profile Photo
broadway86
#14re: Stage Door Egos

Al Pacino was very nice when I met him, but I met Tomei a few years ago at an Italian restaurant in Manhattan and she was cold (and I don't mean temperature wise).

Katecab99 Profile Photo
Katecab99
#15re: Stage Door Egos
Posted: 4/25/05 at 9:38pm

i haven't waited at all that many stage doors. i don't like getting grouped in with the screaming obsessive fans.

HOWEVER - for such a big star, hugh jackman was awesome at BFO (as was the rest of the cast) and as always, the cast of RENT is awesome.

my only sad experience is that sutton foster hasn't come out the times that i've been at LW. granted, i don't wait for very long and several times i've left because there were lots of overly excited girls, but she's the only one right now that i'm really hoping to see.

Blair
#16re: Stage Door Egos
Posted: 4/25/05 at 9:40pm

You know what? When I've had a bad day, I can be considered pretty nasty, though I've always been a friendly, nice person. The nicest people in the world can come off as cold and mean sometimes. Now, it's a whole other story when they deliberately do awful things.

I saw Little Shop on Hunter and Jen's anniversary. He couldn't stay to sign autographs because of dinner reservations, but apologized profusely. It was very nice of him. MFL, I think you probably did catch him on an off day.

NYC_or_Bust
#17re: Stage Door Egos
Posted: 4/25/05 at 9:41pm

When I met sutton, I honestly thought she was writing a novel before she came out...it took her forever. Don't worry though, you'll meet her at the LW SD.
Delta Burke also takes a long time, but she's so lovable, it doesn't matter

Plum
#18re: Stage Door Egos
Posted: 4/25/05 at 9:44pm

The only obnoxious prats I've seen at stage doors have been some of the fans, but that's just me.

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#19re: Stage Door Egos
Posted: 4/25/05 at 9:45pm

Matt, I did not recognize you...

Yankeefan007
#20re: Stage Door Egos
Posted: 4/25/05 at 9:45pm

i sat next to Pacino on a park bench....he was with his kids, but humored my request for an autograph anyway (and it was on a wicked playbill, already signed by idina and kristin)

currently, the nastiest must be Philip Bosco who walked out of Chitty, looked at the crowd and walked away....

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#21re: Stage Door Egos
Posted: 4/25/05 at 9:47pm

The cast of Dracula - extremely NICE. And may I say that they made for the best stage door experience ever - not just the cast but the Belasco itself.

I wonder if they do the same thing for JC.

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#22re: Stage Door Egos

lol. Bosco looked at the crowd and started to walk away also when I saw him but I said "Mr. Bosco, could I ask you to sign?" He stopped and looked back at me shocked and said "Of course! I'm sorry, I didn't know you were waiting for ME!"

Updated On: 4/25/05 at 09:47 PM

Raggy Q poo
#23re: Stage Door Egos

Natalie V. Belcon isn't the most suave or polite of people at the stage door, yet the rest of the Q cast is quite friendly.

People like you are the reason I'm on medication.

MatureDignity Profile Photo
MatureDignity
#24re: Stage Door Egos
Posted: 4/25/05 at 9:49pm

My experiences mirror Plum's.

Some people...

Videos