pixeltracker

Auditioning for the Stardust Diner tomorrow!- Page 2

Auditioning for the Stardust Diner tomorrow!

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#25re: Auditioning for the Stardust Diner tomorrow!
Posted: 5/24/05 at 3:22pm

Break a leg! (And if you don't get into The Pillowman, enjoy that delicious man who flies the car!)

A work of art is an invitation to love.

LittleBitRacist Profile Photo
LittleBitRacist
#26re: Auditioning for the Stardust Diner tomorrow!
Posted: 5/24/05 at 3:23pm

i love going there! especially when im already full...the food is awful...but i love the live entertainment! and it isnt just fifties upbeat stuff, one guy did If I Were a Rich Man when i went.

Gothampc
#27re: Auditioning for the Stardust Diner tomorrow!
Posted: 5/24/05 at 3:26pm

"I remember having to scoop buckets of cole slaw into little paper bowls with my bare hands."

That's gross. Hello, Department of Health? I'd like to file a report!!

Although I believe it because I knew an actress that worked at Howard Johnsons and told me stuff that would make you hurl.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

otis33 Profile Photo
otis33
#28re: Auditioning for the Stardust Diner tomorrow!
Posted: 5/24/05 at 3:51pm

After about a week of complaining and finally refusing to use our bare hands, they did get us plastic gloves and a scooper. We flat out told the customers not to eat the cole slaw. I agree...beyond pretty gross.
29th and Gay

Alix Profile Photo
Alix
#29re: Auditioning for the Stardust Diner tomorrow!
Posted: 5/24/05 at 3:51pm

Yay I love that place! Let us know how it goes...good luck :)

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#30re: Auditioning for the Stardust Diner tomorrow!
Posted: 5/24/05 at 5:28pm

Let us know how it went!

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

zippyjen Profile Photo
zippyjen
#31re: Auditioning for the Stardust Diner tomorrow!
Posted: 5/24/05 at 6:34pm

well how did it go? maybe i will see you there soon. Fun place to eat despite the food.

"At the opening night party, they had clowns on stilts, jugglers, a chocolate fountain, popcorn, hot dogs. [My son] looked at me like I had been holding back. Like, 'This is what you do?' I had to tell him, 'No, no, darling. Opening nights don't usually look like this.' It's usually a dark bar with a bottle of vodka." ?Chitty Chitty Bang Bang's Jan Maxwell plus i proudly share the title of the shortest member over the age of 10 with wickedrentq!

iluvtheatertrash
#32re: Auditioning for the Stardust Diner tomorrow!
Posted: 5/24/05 at 11:44pm

Just got back from the audition and seeing 'Chitty...' (will post a review either tonight or tomorrow). Due to my lack of food service experience, they couldn't hire me right now. However, they told me once I'd worked in another restaurant and had a few months of experience, to come back and they'd gladly take me. Off to FRIDAYS or Applebee's I go!

Thanks for all the good luck vibes, lovelies!

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

Chevstriss
#33re: Auditioning for the Stardust Diner tomorrow!
Posted: 5/24/05 at 11:53pm

I think their Malted Milkshakes are fab. And i've rarely heard anyone sing 50s songs there. I think anytime I've been there, some girl sings "girls just wanna have fun" and a guy sings "Bo Rhap". Never heard 50s. Unless you count "Summer Lovin" (faux 50s)

I'd fire you... if you weren't so g*dd*mn beautiful out there. - Blades of Glory blog

IMsooHyprToday Profile Photo
IMsooHyprToday
#34re: Auditioning for the Stardust Diner tomorrow!
Posted: 5/25/05 at 2:02am

pick FRIDAYS.. they have much better food. there is also alot more drinking and that means more tips (if you play your cards right re: Auditioning for the Stardust Diner tomorrow! )!!!!

ShineOn
#35re: Auditioning for the Stardust Diner tomorrow!
Posted: 5/25/05 at 2:42am

If it's serving experience you're looking for, don't be applying to huge food chains in the middle of Times Square. You don't stand a chance (nothing personal, they're just a pain in the ass about that)-- they want people with at least two years NEW YORK experience, let alone experience at all. I'd hit up the private own restaurants... you'll have a better shot getting away without the 2 year NY rule (I'd suggest lying about the location of experience, but it doesn't sound like you've ever waited tables anywhere so that might come back to bite you in the ass). There are some up 9th Ave. I'd look into.

When I auditioned for Ellen's last year, one manager hired me on the spot. I went in with a power ballad and then they made me sing an upbeat one was well because the theme is 50's. After singing both songs, he said I was hired and had to speak to the other manager about my scheduling... a few days later I went back to talk to the guy (who was totally untainable for about three days)... who then informs me that I have a lot of experience, but it's not NY... so, that it would behoove me to get a job at another restaurant for about a month or so and then reapply. That's when I washed my hands of them (esp. since I was dragged down there about four times under the pretense of auditioning... apparently fifth time is a charm these days).

It's nice to see they have such great communication skills going on amongst the managers.

Good luck with the job hunt!

"You! You are the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber! And you, well, I just plain don't like you."
~Stewart Gilligan Griffin

Gothampc
#36re: Auditioning for the Stardust Diner tomorrow!
Posted: 5/25/05 at 7:30am

I know I'm about to get slammed for what I'm going to say, but I'm going to say it anyway. (And yes I have worked in a restaurant)

What is there to being a waiter? As long as you can understand what a person is ordering and write it down, what's the big deal? Waiting tables is not a job where you need years of previous experience. Especially in the restaurants where they have runners that bring the food to the table.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

DreamFlyer22 Profile Photo
DreamFlyer22
#37re: Auditioning for the Stardust Diner tomorrow!
Posted: 5/25/05 at 8:44am

Try writing down orders, filling others, remembering every little detail during RUSHES... I have a lot of respect for waitresses/waiters. If they're good at their job, they have to be amazing at multi-tasking!

*~* Every time you double-post, God kills a kitten. *~*

Kay, the Thread-Jacking Jedi
Quando omni flunkus moritati (When all else fails, play dead...)

"... chasin' the music. Trying to get home."

Peter Gregus: "Where are my house right ladies?!"
(love you, girls! - 6/13/06)

romanov
#38re: Auditioning for the Stardust Diner tomorrow!
Posted: 5/25/05 at 9:09am

Theatretrash, as Birdie Coonan said to Margo Channing in All About Eve, "Kill the people!"

Videos