Barrett in Q

MissNY
#25Barrett in Q
Posted: 8/15/05 at 2:40pm

shneb28: You saw Howie this past Saturday?

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#26Barrett in Q
Posted: 8/15/05 at 3:04pm

I always see Barrett, the other day, Saturday was the first day I haven't seen him on 45th in a while, then we checked the golden and he was out that day hahaha

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

Greg-4now
#27Barrett in Q
Posted: 8/27/05 at 12:23am

I have seen both John and Barratt..if Barratt is supposed to mimic the original voice of Rod and Princeton, he's done that 100%. Foa does have a better sounding voice than John...but everyone has overlooked one thing...John is a far superior puppeteer. Barrett is good, but John is noticably better...and let's just say I've been able to compare the two closely.
Updated On: 8/31/05 at 12:23 AM

#29Barrett in Q
Posted: 8/27/05 at 1:19am

i LOVED barrett. i thought he was great! he seemed to glow on stage. ahhh! he's just so adorable.

random:
broadwaynick-i ADORE your avatar. jesse is my love.

GirlforTartaglia Profile Photo
GirlforTartaglia
#31Barrett in Q
Posted: 8/27/05 at 4:10pm

Greg / Anyone - know when Barrett's leaving?

And the other thing about the Phantom Lady was, Bert, she realized, in the city that never sleeps... What did she realize, Kitten? That all the songs she'd listened to, all the love songs, that they were only songs. What's wrong with that? Nothing, if you don't believe in them. But she did, you see. She believed in enchanted evenings, and she believed that a small cloud passed overhead and cried down on a flower bed, and she even believed there was breakfast to be had... Where? On Pluto. The mysterious, icy wastes of Pluto.

timote316
#32Barrett in Q
Posted: 8/27/05 at 4:15pm

Well, one of the aspects of Avenue Q is a spoof of the whole puppet genre. The voices are supposed to sound like characters we all know and love (Cookie Monster, Bert, Ernie, etc). So, there really shouldn't be too much difference in John's and Barrett's voices.

MissNY
#34Barrett in Q
Posted: 8/27/05 at 9:03pm

Barrett is definately in through the end of October, whether he stays on after that is still up in the air

GirlforTartaglia Profile Photo
GirlforTartaglia
#35Barrett in Q
Posted: 8/27/05 at 9:07pm

*sigh*

Well, I'm happy to have seen him in the role once :)
Whatever he chooses to do should be the right decision anyway :)

And the other thing about the Phantom Lady was, Bert, she realized, in the city that never sleeps... What did she realize, Kitten? That all the songs she'd listened to, all the love songs, that they were only songs. What's wrong with that? Nothing, if you don't believe in them. But she did, you see. She believed in enchanted evenings, and she believed that a small cloud passed overhead and cried down on a flower bed, and she even believed there was breakfast to be had... Where? On Pluto. The mysterious, icy wastes of Pluto.

Fosse76
#36Barrett in Q
Posted: 8/27/05 at 9:21pm

Does that mean John Tartaglia will take over ONLY if Barrett Foa leaves, or is it that whether or not Foa wants to stay on they will still offer the role to John Tartaglia?

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#37Barrett in Q
Posted: 8/27/05 at 10:57pm

does anyone else think they are preening the vegas cast to replace the broadway counterparts as they leave? It would make sense since there are two performers cast for every role in the vegas cast.

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

Fosse76
#38Barrett in Q
Posted: 8/27/05 at 11:20pm

Doubtful. They don't cast various productions of shows with less-talented-than-Broadway performers. All the performers at the time of casting should be Broadway caliber.

Bwaybaby109
#39Barrett in Q
Posted: 8/28/05 at 12:55am

I love the way he sings. He has such a unique quality to his voice I enjoy for some reason. I love him as Jesus on the 2000 Godspell recording. He's freakin' amazing and I would love to see him in Q

"Have a child for warmth and a baker for bread and a prince for... whatever!"

MissNY
#40Barrett in Q
Posted: 8/28/05 at 1:50am

I would be extremely surprised if John came back to the Broadway production. In any case, he'll be in Vegas until December.

AndSoItBegins
#41Barrett in Q
Posted: 9/25/05 at 8:14pm

I know that the show is definately seeking replacements right now (not sure if for Broadway or Vegas or both). A friend of mine just finished the singing call-backs and is now going back in for a puppet call. So something is in the works...

C is for Company
#42Barrett in Q
Posted: 9/25/05 at 8:26pm

I wish Barrett would just stay there forever. The life that he brought to the show when i recently saw it was just fantastic and deserves to stay. However I would love to see him doing some other things

Fosse76
#43Barrett in Q
Posted: 9/25/05 at 10:12pm

"I know that the show is definately seeking replacements right now (not sure if for Broadway or Vegas or both). A friend of mine just finished the singing call-backs and is now going back in for a puppet call. So something is in the works... "

Doesn't Equity require replacement auditions every so often, regardless of whether or not a replacement is needed?

timote316
#44Barrett in Q
Posted: 9/25/05 at 10:49pm

Yes, they do, Fosse.

I'd love to see Barrett originate something big. I have no idea what, but he deserves it.

MissNY
#45Barrett in Q
Posted: 9/29/05 at 12:20pm

I completely agree. It's gotta be something really good though, cast recording and tony nomination good

Videos