pixeltracker

Rosario singing - Without You- Page 2

Rosario singing - Without You

WonderBoy Profile Photo
WonderBoy
#25re: Rosario singing - Without You
Posted: 8/16/05 at 3:02pm

Yet again, I agree with Marquis. I think her voice sounds very good. It has that fragileness to it that Mimi needs at that point in the show. I'd love to hear her rock out to "Out Tonight" as well. Is she DRV? No, but that doesn't mean that she doesn't play a killer Mimi.

"For me, THEATRE is an anticipation, an artistic rush, an emotional banquet, a jubilant appreciation, and an exit hopeful of clearer thought and better worlds." ~ an anonymous traveler with Robert Burns

AngusN
#26re: Rosario singing - Without You
Posted: 8/16/05 at 3:02pm

Emcee I'm not referring to 'Seasons of Love', I'm referring to Take Me... which isn't one of the greatest songs on the cd.

Almostxfamous - Yeh sure, there may be vulnerability there, but what about the rest? The raw-emotion? It sounds like she's quite happy to be without Roger.
As for therest odf the cast praising her, please they're not going to start asserting that Rosario has a weak voice, are they?

ShuQ Profile Photo
ShuQ
#27re: Rosario singing - Without You
Posted: 8/16/05 at 3:03pm

I guess I'm the only person who didn't just LOOOOOVE DRV.

AngusN
#28re: Rosario singing - Without You
Posted: 8/16/05 at 3:05pm

Ok. Let's postpone this discussion til November.

I hope I am wrong! (fingers crossed)

Goodnight America.

WonderBoy Profile Photo
WonderBoy
#29re: Rosario singing - Without You
Posted: 8/16/05 at 3:06pm

No, I know a lot of people that didn't love DRV. I think her voice like her hair became part of the signature Mimi. Obviously some people here didn't also see her towards the end of her run when her nodes were so bad that every note that came out of her voice sounded like gravel and blood mixed together.

"For me, THEATRE is an anticipation, an artistic rush, an emotional banquet, a jubilant appreciation, and an exit hopeful of clearer thought and better worlds." ~ an anonymous traveler with Robert Burns

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#30re: Rosario singing - Without You
Posted: 8/16/05 at 3:08pm

Honestly? I think they did TMOLM at Bryant Park becuase of IDINA. In New York City? Come on, tons of Idina fans.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

Wax Lion Profile Photo
Wax Lion
#31re: Rosario singing - Without You
Posted: 8/16/05 at 3:09pm

Oh, ho, ho, doubtful RENTheads. Rosario *can* sing her ass off. It's hard to believe that people are making judgements based on such a small distorted bit of playback that was leaked months ago. That scene is intense and full of emotion, and Rosario carries it without a shadow of a previous Mimi in sight. And if you don't believe Wax Lion...just wait until you hear "OUT TONIGHT". Lady Ro is blazin', smokin' hot. Physically, mentally and vocally...she's gonna tear it up. You'll see, boys...(and girls)...

Love,
Wax Lion

Wax Lion Profile Photo
Wax Lion
#32re: Rosario singing - Without You
Posted: 8/16/05 at 3:09pm

Oh, ho, ho, doubtful RENTheads. Rosario *can* sing her ass off. It's hard to believe that people are making judgements based on such a small distorted bit of playback that was leaked months ago. That scene is intense and full of emotion, and Rosario carries it without a shadow of a previous Mimi in sight. And if you don't believe Wax Lion...just wait until you hear "OUT TONIGHT". Lady Ro is blazin', smokin' hot. Physically, mentally and vocally...she's gonna tear it up. You'll see, boys...(and girls)...

Love,
Wax Lion

Wax Lion Profile Photo
Wax Lion
#33re: Rosario singing - Without You
Posted: 8/16/05 at 3:10pm

Double your pleasure, double your fun. Sorry for the double post.

Love,
Wax Lion

luvtheEmcee
#34re: Rosario singing - Without You

ha, I was wondering when you'd be here, Wax Lion.

WonderBoy Profile Photo
WonderBoy
#35re: Rosario singing - Without You

I like boys,

boys like me!

luvtheEmcee
#36re: Rosario singing - Without You
Posted: 8/16/05 at 3:12pm

We'll see..... re: Rosario singing - Without You

bella cantato
#37re: Rosario singing - Without You
Posted: 8/16/05 at 3:13pm

Eeee!!! I'm so excited!!! *dances around the room*

"You know, a little orphan girl once told me that the sun would come out tomorrow. Her adopted father was a powerful billionaire, so I supressed the urge to laugh in her face. But now, by gum, I think she might have been on to something!" --Reefer Madness

showbiz
#38re: Rosario singing - Without You
Posted: 8/16/05 at 3:33pm

Hard to judge from the bit offered up to listen to but if that is any indication of her singing voice serious dubbing will be needed.

luvtheEmcee
#39re: Rosario singing - Without You
Posted: 8/16/05 at 3:34pm

That totally evades the point as to why you'd put any serious weight onto the indication given by a really crappy recording.

showbiz
#40re: Rosario singing - Without You
Posted: 8/16/05 at 3:36pm

Well because I haven't heard her sing live anywhere. So how else can I judge her voice? I am biased, I wanted someone with theater experience in the role and I'm just not convinced Rosario has what it takes to play Mimi. Time will tell.

luvtheEmcee
#41re: Rosario singing - Without You
Posted: 8/16/05 at 3:37pm

Then be patient and don't judge. It just isn't worth it.

showbiz
#42re: Rosario singing - Without You
Posted: 8/16/05 at 3:40pm

Expressing my opinion to her singing on this thread just like everyone else. I'm entitled aren't I?

luvtheEmcee
#43re: Rosario singing - Without You
Posted: 8/16/05 at 3:42pm

Yes, of course. But what does it get you to negatively judge when you've virtually nothing to go on - besides aggrivation and people who are upset with you?

Forget it. Stubborn is as stubborn does, I know.

Updated On: 8/16/05 at 03:42 PM

showbiz
#44re: Rosario singing - Without You
Posted: 8/16/05 at 3:51pm

What is this tit for tat??? I listened to a bit of Without You that someone shared here. I haven't heard her sing anything but that and it did not sound good. I actually qualified my statement that it was hard to judge from the small bit offered so I don't see what the problem is? I wish she would sing live on one of the tv appearances she's making so I could hear a bit more. To be honest I don't think Rosario Dawson belongs on a Broadway Forum, this is Rent the movie, not the musical. But she was cast in the part of Mimi along with several OBC members. We will see how she does in the part. As I said time will tell.

luvtheEmcee
#45re: Rosario singing - Without You
Posted: 8/16/05 at 3:55pm

Oy. Nevermind - you're making my head spin.

spiderdj82 Profile Photo
spiderdj82
#46re: Rosario singing - Without You
Posted: 8/16/05 at 3:58pm

"Oy", is right Emcee. "Oy" is right.

I thought she sounded just as good if not better than most Mimi's I have heard before. And why shouldn't she be talked about in a broadway forum? She is in a movie MUSICAL based on a BROADWAY MUSICAL in which she is playing a well known BROADWAY character?!?

Again, Emcee.........."Oy" is right.

"They're eating her and then they're going to eat me. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!" -Troll 2

luvtheEmcee
#47re: Rosario singing - Without You
Posted: 8/16/05 at 4:01pm

lol. DJ, did I tell you yet that I've missed you?

HouGuy77002
#48re: Rosario singing - Without You
Posted: 8/16/05 at 4:03pm

Here is a question I've asked on another thread...maybe since the subject has appeared here, perhaps it will be answered: Who is WaxLion? Any thoughts? He/She seems to have a lot of inside information.

luvtheEmcee
#49re: Rosario singing - Without You
Posted: 8/16/05 at 4:05pm

He's clearly not telling, now is he? re: Rosario singing - Without You

Videos