News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

EVITA tour cast stuck in Houston- Page 2

EVITA tour cast stuck in Houston

nycdncr Profile Photo
nycdncr
#25re: EVITA tour cast stuck in Houston
Posted: 9/23/05 at 9:01am

we are actually prepared to seek shelter in the ballrooms on the second floor.....centrally located with no glass. we have food stored up, and the hotel is prepared with bedding and food. we know it's going to be bad, but we're trying to stay positive about things.

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day that says, "I will try again tomorrow."

thespian geek Profile Photo
thespian geek
#26re: EVITA tour cast stuck in Houston
Posted: 9/23/05 at 12:21pm

*Hugs* to you all!

RockabyeHamlet
#27re: EVITA tour cast stuck in Houston
Posted: 9/23/05 at 1:56pm

Best of luck sweetie, stay safe.

"I wouldn't let Esparza's Bobby take my kids to the zoo...I'd be afraid he'd steal their ice cream and laugh."- YankeeFan
"People who like Sondheim enjoy cruelty."-LuvtheEmcee

nycdncr Profile Photo
nycdncr
#28re: EVITA tour cast stuck in Houston
Posted: 9/23/05 at 3:09pm

so....galveston is starting to get some weather. wind is picking up here. thankfully, the hurricane has dropped to a category 3, and lucky for us....we are on the 'clean' side of rita. we're still just sitting tight waiting for the word to go to the ballroom.

all i can think about now is forbidden bway....'my name is chita and not rita, though i look like you a lot rita. liza likes chita and not rita. i wouldn't mind if they shot rita.' i wish someone would shoot this rita.

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day that says, "I will try again tomorrow."

nycdncr Profile Photo
nycdncr
#29re: EVITA tour cast stuck in Houston
Posted: 9/23/05 at 6:37pm

we just had a company meeting about the hotel preparedness. we are set to go to the ballroom at the hotel at around 10pm...a few hours before rita hits.

miss rita seems to have taken aim on lousiana. there's a chance we might not get a whole lot of the storm. i'm praying that louisiana doesn't receive a lot of damage or loss of life.

thank you for all your thoughts and prayers.

jrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
#30re: EVITA tour cast stuck in Houston
Posted: 9/23/05 at 8:35pm

You guys are going to be fine. I have no doubts about your safety. :)

I went through Hurricane Alicia and Tropical Storm Allison. Here's hoping this is no worse than those, which weren't anything close to what Katrina was.

What hotel are you guys in?

nycdncr Profile Photo
nycdncr
#31re: EVITA tour cast stuck in Houston
Posted: 9/23/05 at 11:31pm

a hotel in downtown houston....i'm not allowed to announce where we're being housed.

it seems as though we are completely safe because of the turn this hurricane has taken. the night's not over, but it's looking good for us.

nycdncr Profile Photo
nycdncr
#32re: EVITA tour cast stuck in Houston
Posted: 9/24/05 at 10:28am

last night, the hotel made the announcement that due to the turn rita took, evacuation to the ballroom was completely voluntary. i stayed in my room for a little bit, but grew tired of hearing the wind against my window. i went down to the ballroom to sleep. down there, you could hear the entire building creaking. when i woke this morning, it was still a little windy, but it seems we dodged a bullet in houston. we're all ok. i suppose we'll find out if we're still on for the week.

RuprechtJr.
#33re: EVITA tour cast stuck in Houston
Posted: 9/25/05 at 9:33am

Oh, thank god for that! I saw horrible pictures of hotels that are now just piles of rubble and I immediatley though of you. Thank god you're all right.

ILUVWICKED722
#34re: EVITA tour cast stuck in Houston
Posted: 9/25/05 at 12:50pm

Hey my anme is Matthew I am in the sound of Music asian tour it is with Troika too and was wondering do u know Heidi Klum

iwearshoes Profile Photo
iwearshoes
#35re: EVITA tour cast stuck in Houston
Posted: 9/25/05 at 12:56pm

oh i am so glad! i hope everyone gets out of there safely and hey i just might see you in costa mesa! are those dates still good?

nycdncr Profile Photo
nycdncr
#36re: EVITA tour cast stuck in Houston
Posted: 9/25/05 at 3:31pm

yup....costa mesa is on. we go back to shows in houston on tuesday night.

heidi dean is our mistress, yes.

insomniak
#37re: EVITA tour cast stuck in Houston
Posted: 9/25/05 at 3:33pm

Glad things turned out alright. When will it be possible to get back on the road?

nycdncr Profile Photo
nycdncr
#38re: EVITA tour cast stuck in Houston
Posted: 9/25/05 at 4:01pm

we're on again tuesday night from what i understand. nothing was damaged.

Videos