pixeltracker

Bombay Dreams in SEATTLE, WA. Last Chance to See the Show.- Page 2

Bombay Dreams in SEATTLE, WA. Last Chance to See the Show.

pab Profile Photo
pab
#25re: Is anyone going to see the Bombay Dreams National Tour???
Posted: 12/7/05 at 1:24am

You got that right!

I know that you changed your original post (rather quickly) but I did see it and trust me I'm not at all bitter. I just did not think that "Bombay Dreams" was a very good show and I DID see it on Broadway so I'm not trashing something I've not seen. And actually, I'm not totally trashing it because there were elements in the show that I liked but I have NO desire to ever see it again.

I posted the following about it on 10/5/04:

"We got in on Friday afternoon and saw "Bombay Dreams" that evening. I'm glad it was the first show that I saw because if I had seen it after the other shows that I've been to so far on this trip I would have been even more disappointed. The show is colorful with good costumes and nice sets and it's technically well done. The script however is very trite and the choreography is very repetitive. There are maybe two dances that are repeated over and over but with different costumes and a variation on a move here and there. This is not a show that I will recommend people pay $100 to see. "

"Smart! And into all those exotic mystiques -- The Kama Sutra and Chinese techniques. I hear she knows more than seventy-five. Call me tomorrow if you're still alive!"

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#26re: Is anyone going to see the Bombay Dreams National Tour???
Posted: 12/7/05 at 1:35am

it just sounded bitter...but then i was like " i think its awesome he has a different taste...if we all like the same stuff...it would be boring...so it's awesome" anyhow....what shows did u actually like?
and...how much did u pay for BD???

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-
Updated On: 12/7/05 at 01:35 AM

TheatreSlave
#27re: Is anyone going to see the Bombay Dreams National Tour???
Posted: 12/7/05 at 3:24am

I know very little about this show, but I love the songs I have heard so far (thanks to my beloved digital cable radio- even if their Showtunes rotation can be a bit too tight sometimes).
When does it start? And is it coming anywhere near Virginia/Tennessee/North Carolina? Where can I find the info?

"We are all misfits, I guess, in the theatre. Otherwise we wouldn't be here." ~Michael Kandel, "Ogre"

muscle23ftl
#28re: Is anyone going to see the Bombay Dreams National Tour???
Posted: 12/7/05 at 3:41am

go to www.ticketmaster.com or to http://www.reallyuseful.com/rug/shows/bombaydreams/ to check some clips from the show.
Anyhow...as far as i know....the show will start in february in Tucson, AZ - Costa Mesa, CA - Huntsville, AL - Columbus, OH - Clearwater, FL i hope you can make it to one of these cities.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-
Updated On: 12/7/05 at 03:41 AM

TheatreSlave
#29re: Is anyone going to see the Bombay Dreams National Tour???
Posted: 12/7/05 at 3:49am

Thanks. I hope I can, too (should theatre scheduling / time / money / transportation / etc. allow it, I will!).

"We are all misfits, I guess, in the theatre. Otherwise we wouldn't be here." ~Michael Kandel, "Ogre"

muscle23ftl
#30re: Is anyone going to see the Bombay Dreams National Tour???
Posted: 12/7/05 at 3:54am

There might be more cities announced later on. There are some good clips from the show in the website...it made me remember about the drag queens in the show. It was amazing.

rockfenris2005
#31re: Is anyone going to see the Bombay Dreams National Tour???
Posted: 12/7/05 at 4:01am

What was Andrew Lloyd Webber's involvement with this? Besides producer of course

Who can explain it, who can tell you why? Fools give you reasons, wise men never try -South Pacific

muscle23ftl
#32re: Is anyone going to see the Bombay Dreams National Tour???
Posted: 12/7/05 at 4:07am

He was pretty much involved in everything...he was in every rehearsal....he was there all the time....he put "Bombay Dreams" together...he didn't write the music, lyrics or the book. The idea of the show is his though. And yes it was an Andrew Lloyd Webber's production.

Updated On: 12/7/05 at 04:07 AM

rockfenris2005
#33re: Is anyone going to see the Bombay Dreams National Tour???
Posted: 12/7/05 at 4:20am

Surprised I'm not crazy about it. I might get the CD re: Is anyone going to see the Bombay Dreams National Tour???

Then again, I was never much bothered to pick up Beautiful Game either.. and I still haven't

Who can explain it, who can tell you why? Fools give you reasons, wise men never try -South Pacific

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#34re: Is anyone going to see the Bombay Dreams National Tour???
Posted: 12/7/05 at 4:33am

Bombay Dreams is the only musical that made me leave the
theatre before the end... it was truly painful.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#35re: Is anyone going to see the Bombay Dreams National Tour???
Posted: 12/7/05 at 4:33am

Bombay Dreams is the only musical that made me leave the
theatre before the end... it was truly painful.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

ZONEACE
#36re: Is anyone going to see the Bombay Dreams National Tour???
Posted: 12/7/05 at 4:53am

Am I the only one that, upon reading the thread title, wanted to respond "probably not"

when ducks grow thumbs then maybe my opinion will change.

BreakingTheCircle07 Profile Photo
BreakingTheCircle07
#37re: Is anyone going to see the Bombay Dreams National Tour???
Posted: 12/7/05 at 11:43am

Anyone know if the set is cut down from the Broadway production? Would all those lavish sets and water devices be hard to cart around the country?

Variations on a Theme blog: http://panekattack.blogspot.com/

phantom8019
#38re: Is anyone going to see the Bombay Dreams National Tour???
Posted: 12/7/05 at 1:43pm

I saw it in NYC in June 2004 and loved every minute. Love the music too.

All I can say it the tour had better have a fountain.

Is there a website for the national tour? This would be helpful!

muscle23ftl
#39re: Is anyone going to see the Bombay Dreams National Tour???
Posted: 12/7/05 at 2:01pm

The Ruth Eckerd Hall in Clearwater FL is promoting "Bombay Dreams as the musical from Broadway" a lot....so the production should be as good as the one on Bway. And the hall will have big shows and performers such as Liza, Whoopi and "Millie", still they seem to promote BD a little more this next season.

muscle23ftl
#40re: Is anyone going to see the Bombay Dreams National Tour???
Posted: 12/7/05 at 6:07pm

phantom ...did u see the Tamyra Gray cast ???

Horton Profile Photo
Horton
#41re: Is anyone going to see the Bombay Dreams National Tour???
Posted: 12/7/05 at 6:36pm

Sold out on tour? It played to empty houses on Broadway.

So did Seussical!

muscle23ftl
#42re: Is anyone going to see the Bombay Dreams National Tour???
Posted: 12/7/05 at 6:44pm

i saw it on Broadway twice and it wasn't sold out...but it was busy ...eventhough i went on wed matinee and on a tuesday...my friend saw it on a saturday and he said the theatre was packed...and he loved it...we are going to see the tour together.

phantom8019
#43re: Is anyone going to see the Bombay Dreams National Tour???
Posted: 12/7/05 at 6:55pm

Hey muscle23ftl,

I saw it before Tamyra Gray arrived. I saw it in June 2004; I think the show opened in March 2004 and she came in around November 2004. The cast was excellent. The theatre was full, and there was an uproarious standing ovation.
When the show opened in London I ordered the CD and fell in love. But how I wish they had kept the song "Like an Eagle" in the Broadway version.

muscle23ftl
#44re: Is anyone going to see the Bombay Dreams National Tour???
Posted: 12/7/05 at 9:36pm

i thought they did that song on Broadway? lol

phantom8019
#45re: Is anyone going to see the Bombay Dreams National Tour???
Posted: 12/7/05 at 10:06pm

No it wasn't in the show in NYC. Pretty sure. There is no Broadway cast recording though. They changed a bit from London to NYC and brought in Thomas Meehan to make the book better. To confuse us even more, I bet the tour will be a hybrid of NYC and London. Ha ha.

GYPSY1527 Profile Photo
GYPSY1527
#46re: Is anyone going to see the Bombay Dreams National Tour???
Posted: 12/8/05 at 3:16pm

No. Like an Eagle was not in the Broadway production. I saw the show twice and enjoyed it for what it was but personally did not care for Tamyra one single bit. She couldn't pull off Priya for her life. She didn't have the correct training in Indian singing to be able to sing "How Many Stars" remotley correct. It was sad.

Happy...Everything! Kaye Thompson

muscle23ftl
#47re: Is anyone going to see the Bombay Dreams National Tour???
Posted: 12/8/05 at 3:57pm

you are probably right Gypsy...Tamyra blew me away with her voice maybe she is not the best actress...whenever she opened her mouth the entire theatre went hush....and you can tell because her songs were almost a capella....well..some of them.

Updated On: 12/9/05 at 03:57 PM

muscle23ftl
#48re: Is anyone going to see the Bombay Dreams National Tour???
Posted: 12/9/05 at 2:35pm

the show is definitly starting in Costa Mesa CA.

TTL Profile Photo
TTL
#49re: Is anyone going to see the Bombay Dreams National Tour???
Posted: 12/9/05 at 4:26pm

I saw the show in NYC Summer 2004. I enjoyed it!! It was a fun, splashy show...I believe this was the MOST Cultural show since AIDA.

Videos