pixeltracker

Megan Hilty's last show in Wicked?- Page 2

Megan Hilty's last show in Wicked?

HughE2030 Profile Photo
HughE2030
#25re: Megan Hilty's last show in Wicked?
Posted: 3/9/06 at 11:23am

I love Megan and have seen her twice, but a couple weeks back her understudy did the role and she was a riot! (Megan told me she had a cold, and it killed her to miss 3 performances)

www.ConfessionsofaPaparazzi.com

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#26re: Megan Hilty's last show in Wicked?
Posted: 3/9/06 at 11:49am

HughE, who did you see as Glinda, Katie Adams or Megan Sikora?

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

Katt
#27re: Megan Hilty's last show in Wicked?
Posted: 3/9/06 at 12:46pm

I saw Katie Adams last week, and I loved her.

greenifyed Profile Photo
greenifyed
#28re: Megan Hilty's last show in Wicked?
Posted: 3/21/06 at 12:08am

Gotta love Wicked. People making up dates and assuming things. I thought everyone would've learned after all of the whoever's-playing-Glinda incidents not to assume until it's set in stone. How many last shows did Jennifer Laura Thompson actually have? Seven?

"The tick BOOM tick BOOM is so loud I can't hear the rain on the grass. I can't hear the wind. I'm about to scream. But I realize I'm not alone."

HBG Profile Photo
HBG
#29re: Megan Hilty's last show in Wicked?
Posted: 3/21/06 at 12:14am

I spoke to Megan a little over a week ago and she said that May 28th is supposed to be her official last day, unless she decides to extend, which she said she really isn't sure at this point whether or not she will. She also said there is a possibility that she may leave May 21st instead. So basically at this point it's very much up in the air.

"Free from what, Tracy? Free from what?"

TLKfan Profile Photo
TLKfan
#30re: Megan Hilty's last show in Wicked?
Posted: 3/21/06 at 12:23am

I'd love to see her again. Hopefully she'll extend it for a bit longer. If not, hopefully we'll see her in something else soon.

2008 European Tour
London: Les Mis, Lion King, Sound of Music, Joseph, Hairspray, Billy Elliot
France: Le Roi Lion, Cabaret
Germany: Der Konig der Lowen
Holland: Tarzan & Les Mis

#31re: Megan Hilty's last show in Wicked?
Posted: 3/21/06 at 4:34am

she really is amazing in the role.

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#32re: Megan Hilty's last show in Wicked?
Posted: 3/21/06 at 3:27pm

She's my favorite Glinda. She can sing the high notes, make the audience piss themselves, and be dramatic all at the same time and making it look easy.

One thing that I really enjoyed about her performance was that she did't "play" the character, she was the character. She was in character 100% of that show, which is more than I can say for others.

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

boxers7 Profile Photo
boxers7
#33re: Megan Hilty's last show in Wicked?
Posted: 3/21/06 at 3:34pm

Hopefully never! Saw the show on Sunday and it was AWFUL! Her, Mr. Vereen and Jenna were the only breaths of fresh air in that production.

"I don't wanna see that!" -Aunt Sassy (as played by Valerie Cherish) on Room & Bored

Videos