pixeltracker

Megan Hilty's last show in Wicked?

Megan Hilty's last show in Wicked?

FutureElphaba Profile Photo
FutureElphaba
#0Megan Hilty's last show in Wicked?
Posted: 3/8/06 at 7:30pm

Hi! I was wondering if anyone knew when Megan's last show is... She started May 31st and I think shes only contracted through this year... I've heard that its the 28th but then I've heard that Megan, herself, does not know lol! Can anyone in the city ask her?... jk. but I would love to know!

greenifyed Profile Photo
greenifyed
#1re: Megan Hilty's last show in Wicked?
Posted: 3/8/06 at 7:43pm

As far as I know, Megan isn't leaving for a while. Not that I'm speaking for her, but yeah.

"The tick BOOM tick BOOM is so loud I can't hear the rain on the grass. I can't hear the wind. I'm about to scream. But I realize I'm not alone."

Yankeefan007
#2re: Megan Hilty's last show in Wicked?
Posted: 3/8/06 at 7:49pm

heard from her today that she leaves at the end of May.

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#3re: Megan Hilty's last show in Wicked?
Posted: 3/8/06 at 7:50pm

May 28th.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

FutureElphaba
#4re: Megan Hilty's last show in Wicked?
Posted: 3/8/06 at 8:18pm

Are you absolutely positively sure its the 28th? I'm planning to see her last and I need to tell me dad when I'm gonna be there really soon.. so he can buy the plane tickets and I can buy the Wicked tickets lol

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#5re: Megan Hilty's last show in Wicked?
Posted: 3/8/06 at 8:21pm

I'm 95% sure I read on here that it was the 28th.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

FutureElphaba
#6re: Megan Hilty's last show in Wicked?
Posted: 3/8/06 at 8:29pm

On the message board? I really wish they would announce in on like Playbill.com or Broadwayworld.com and make it official lol! But thanks!

Yankeefan007
#7re: Megan Hilty's last show in Wicked?
Posted: 3/8/06 at 8:31pm

If anything, she'll leave on the last Sunday in May, which would be the 28th.

Dollypop
#8re: Megan Hilty's last show in Wicked?
Posted: 3/8/06 at 10:00pm

When will she return?

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

Horton Profile Photo
Horton
#9re: Megan Hilty's last show in Wicked?
Posted: 3/8/06 at 10:26pm

Never

Parks
#10re: Megan Hilty's last show in Wicked?
Posted: 3/9/06 at 12:47am

When does Idina leave?

"If it walks like a Parks, if it wobbles like a Parks, then it's definitely fat and nobody loves it." --MA
Updated On: 3/9/06 at 12:47 AM

Ready 2 Defy Gravity Profile Photo
Ready 2 Defy Gravity
#11re: Megan Hilty's last show in Wicked?
Posted: 3/9/06 at 12:49am

OMG you have got to be kidding, who will take over for Megan????

Parks
#12re: Megan Hilty's last show in Wicked?
Posted: 3/9/06 at 12:51am

Who are you asking if they're joking? Are you suggesting that somebody is joking about Megan leaving Wicked? Glinda has been played by well over 10 women now...

"If it walks like a Parks, if it wobbles like a Parks, then it's definitely fat and nobody loves it." --MA

Ready 2 Defy Gravity Profile Photo
Ready 2 Defy Gravity
#13re: Megan Hilty's last show in Wicked?
Posted: 3/9/06 at 12:52am

umm no not about Megan but about the Idina comment you made.

Katt
#14re: Megan Hilty's last show in Wicked?
Posted: 3/9/06 at 12:57am

Idina will never leave.

jasobres
#15re: Megan Hilty's last show in Wicked?
Posted: 3/9/06 at 7:31am

How about Eden? When will she leave?

"Ev'ry-buddy wants ta get into de act!" - Jimmy Durante "Breathe from your hoo-hoo." -Kristin Chenoweth

jasobres
#16re: Megan Hilty's last show in Wicked?
Posted: 3/9/06 at 7:31am

Oops! Double post!

"Ev'ry-buddy wants ta get into de act!" - Jimmy Durante "Breathe from your hoo-hoo." -Kristin Chenoweth
Updated On: 3/9/06 at 07:31 AM

dirty rotten guy Profile Photo
dirty rotten guy
#17re: Megan Hilty's last show in Wicked?
Posted: 3/9/06 at 8:56am

Also does anyone know when Carol is leaving? I went in to do the lottery yesterday but it was very busy so I didnt get to see her but I really want to before she leaves.

"The hallmark of aristocracy is responsibility. Oh brother, that got me, that did me in!"

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#18re: Megan Hilty's last show in Wicked?
Posted: 3/9/06 at 10:01am

Eden is leaving in the beginning of August.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

PJ
#19re: Megan Hilty's last show in Wicked?
Posted: 3/9/06 at 10:42am

Eden signed a nine month contract, so sometime in October. Not August.

jasobres
#20re: Megan Hilty's last show in Wicked?
Posted: 3/9/06 at 10:51am

Thank God, because I'm seeing Wicked a third time sometime before the school year ends.

somethingwicked
#21re: Megan Hilty's last show in Wicked?
Posted: 3/9/06 at 10:56am

Eden told me in an email that she leaves in early August. Here is the exact email.

"Hi Nick.

Thanks so much for your wonderful message! No, I will not be doing "Evita" in London, contrary to what rumors may say. I am glad you came straight to the source and asked me about it! re: Megan Hilty's last show in Wicked?

I am very happy to hear that you'll be coming up here to see the show in July! Yes, I will still be playing the green girl. I'm here through early August, so no worries on that front!

Well, I must go. All the best!

Stay WICKED!

Eden"

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Updated On: 3/9/06 at 10:56 AM

PJ
#22re: Megan Hilty's last show in Wicked?
Posted: 3/9/06 at 10:57am

Eden herself has told several people October. Who knows then?

MissNY
#23re: Megan Hilty's last show in Wicked?
Posted: 3/9/06 at 10:59am

Megan's contract is up on May 28th, but there is always the chance she might extend. I'm not sure if she even knows yet

somethingwicked
#24re: Megan Hilty's last show in Wicked?
Posted: 3/9/06 at 11:04am

A friend of mine talked to Megan at the stage door a week ago. She said that she was (as of this moment) leaving May 28th, but there was a chance she might extend. If that extention happened, it would be two months, and put here in the show through the beginning of August.

As you said, she is not completely sure yet what is going on, but she did say the extention was unlikely.

Videos