pixeltracker

Just discovered "Jane Eyre the musical"- Page 2

Just discovered "Jane Eyre the musical"

Over_the_Moon
#25re: Just discovered 'Jane Eyre the musical'
Posted: 7/10/06 at 4:11pm

Jane Eyre is beautiful and nothing with cease my love for James Barbour.

"what have we learned? Don't smoke... don't do drugs and don't sing 'Defying Gravity'." -CATSNYRevival

Julian2
#26re: Just discovered 'Jane Eyre the musical'
Posted: 10/17/06 at 9:52pm

I saw my high school do it and it was gorgeous. VERY overlooked.

I have several names, one is Julian2. I am also The Opps Girl. But cross me, and I become Bitch Dooku!

SporkGoddess
#27re: Just discovered 'Jane Eyre the musical'
Posted: 10/17/06 at 10:30pm

Bwaysinger: Could not agree more: the Broadway version did have some good changes, but they were mostly bad ones.

Anyway, I was hooked on Jane Eyre the moment I saw "Sirens" performed on the Tony Awards. I admit that some of the songs bore me (mostly Mrs. Fairfax's,) and aside from a few song additions on the OBC I far prefer the Toronto cast recording to the Broadway (not because of the cast but because of the aforementioned changes and because the older version was more accurate to the novel) but the score for the most part is just absolutely gorgeous.

Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!

TTL Profile Photo
TTL
#28re: Just discovered 'Jane Eyre the musical'
Posted: 10/18/06 at 1:16am

If by chance you're in Pittsburgh, PA... Point Park University is currently performing 'Jane Eyre the musical'.

Revolutionary Profile Photo
Revolutionary
#29re: Just discovered 'Jane Eyre the musical'
Posted: 10/18/06 at 1:59am

For the OP who was asking about the Toronto Cast Recording, here it is, for your downloading pleasure.

https://www.currerwells.net/janeeyre/torontocd.html

Is that link BWW-illegal? I don't think it should be since the cd IS out of print, but oh well if it is. Oopsies.

Crivello was so great in this, eons better than James Barbour was. It was sad that they cut him loose when they went to Broadway. re: Just discovered 'Jane Eyre the musical'

andyf
#30re: Just discovered 'Jane Eyre the musical'
Posted: 10/18/06 at 2:05am

I love him on "Secret Soul."

And his "Farewell, Good Angel" is so intense.

That link is going to make a lot of people happy until it maybe comes down. The Toronto CR is really great.

Andrew, tonight isn't about you! It isn't even about me!!! - [FD]

Revolutionary Profile Photo
Revolutionary
#31re: Just discovered 'Jane Eyre the musical'
Posted: 10/18/06 at 2:17am

Farewell Good Angel is my favorite.

Eh...I'll just repost if it gets taken down anyway, it's a good thing and it's not like anyone is losing any $$$ from it. It's my duty to spread the Crivello love, lol. And if anything it'll get more people interested in Jane Eyre, don't you think? :)

Mattbrain
#32re: Just discovered 'Jane Eyre the musical'
Posted: 10/21/09 at 12:33pm

I've never seen the show but I think the score of Jane Eyre is absolutely gorgeous and I personally feel there's actually a subtlety to the score that is absent from shows like Les Miserables (which I like very much).

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

Videos