pixeltracker

Julia Roberts Stage Door - Arrival Time?- Page 2

Julia Roberts Stage Door - Arrival Time?

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#25re: Julia Roberts Stage Door - Arrival Time?
Posted: 4/12/06 at 1:43am

While playing the DRS lotto today I was looking at Three Days across the street (no, I did not see Julia) and I saw a guy who was cracking me up: he was walking in front of the theatre, taking a picture of *everything* there (took a pic of the pic of Julia, pic of the Three Days marquee, pic of the Jacobs marquee, pic of Julia's name above the front door, pic of Bradley Cooper's name above the front door, etc.) as he worked his way down the street. Then he crossed the street, and took more pictures of the front of the Bradley from the DRS side of the street.

OMG! Don't even get me STARTED on "Three Days Of Rain" stage door.

During my visit to New York last week, I thought there was like a crime scene or something.

Ok that's too funny that you thought crime scene, because I was *in* that crowd once, exiting the theatre during first preview, and we walked out and went "OMG what happened? Oh, it's ok- they're all just here for us." :)

Luckydave14
#26re: Julia Roberts Stage Door - Arrival Time?
Posted: 4/12/06 at 7:30pm

I got to the stage door today at 4:15 for the matinee. The show let out around 10 minutes later and that is when it started to get crowded. There were only around 15 of us before the show ended. Julia came out at 5:25 and signed for all the people in the front of the barricades and also reached back for some random playbills, etc. After she went in most people started to walk away but then the door opens back up and out comes Paul Rudd. I took some pictures of him but walked away cause I had to go home.

Yankeefan007
#27re: Julia Roberts Stage Door - Arrival Time?
Posted: 4/12/06 at 7:35pm

She arrived today at 1:00, walking down the street with her bodyguard, into the alleyway.

Qfan2.0 Profile Photo
Qfan2.0
#28re: Julia Roberts Stage Door - Arrival Time?
Posted: 4/12/06 at 11:25pm

so now they all exit the same way?

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#29re: Julia Roberts Stage Door - Arrival Time?
Posted: 4/16/06 at 3:56am

I saw the April 15th matinee and did stage door after the show. I was on an aisle seat so as soon as the curtain came down, I got out of my seat in the mezz, went downstairs and applauded from the left side of the orchestra for the curtain call. I then went outside to see what was going on with the barricades and the stage door.

The stage door, as you all know by now, is the one to the left as you are facing the main doors of the theater. Due to the massive amounts of people, they have decided not to use the alleyway for Three Days of Rain.

What happened this afternoon was as follows. To the left of the stage door were barricades set up for the paparazzi. There were at least 100 people there with their high-tech cameras and such. To the right of the stage door, there are two barricades: the closer one for those who saw that particular performance of the show and one further away for others who just want to watch and see Julia come out the stage door. It was also a mob scene across the street with people doing absolutely ANYTHING they can to get a glimpse of Julia Roberts.

I was one of the first people who exited the theater. There was a cop who was checking ticket stubs...that was your entrance into the close barricades. I showed him my ticket stub and got a prime spot, right in the front of the barricades, directly in the center. Within 5 minutes, the barricades were completely full and we were all crammed in there.

Bradley Cooper came out first and had his own black sharpie. He signed for as many people as he could and then went back in the stage door. Julia Roberts came out next, and to my surprise, she did not have a sharpie of her own. She was standing directly in front of me. I took out my silver sharpie and handed it to her. She took it, signed my playbill, and then proceeded to use the sharpie to sign for everyone else. She signed for everyone within the first two to three rows of the barricades and was very nice. I don't think anybody asked for a picture with her, but that probably would have been impossible to get. It was just insane. After she signed for everyone, she looked at me, gave me my sharpie back and said thank you. I told her thanks and excellent job. She then signed for maybe one or two of the paparazzi, and then got into her car and left. Paul Rudd came out last with his own black sharpie and signed for a long time...really nice guy.

So it was as organized as it possibly could have been...I'm glad it all worked out. While I am glad that they only let ticket holders into the front of the barricades, I feel bad that seeing the show and exiting as fast as you possibly can is THE ONLY WAY to get Julia's autograph. Apparently, if you really want to meet her, and you exit the theater too late, you can't come back the next day because your ticket won't be for that particular performance. I don't know if this poilcy will continue for the rest of the show's run, but that is what the policy was this afternoon and I just wanted to report it to you all.

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#30re: Julia Roberts Stage Door - Arrival Time?
Posted: 4/16/06 at 5:39am

Poor Julia, don't bother her, before her performances.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

batchels
#31re: Julia Roberts Stage Door - Arrival Time?
Posted: 4/16/06 at 8:06am

Thanks for the detailed acount WithoutATrace. I guess I really need to run out of there when the curtain closes next weekend if I am in Row A of the Orch.

WithoutATrace
#32re: Julia Roberts Stage Door - Arrival Time?
Posted: 4/16/06 at 1:26pm

batchels, i hope you're on the aisle!

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#33re: Julia Roberts Stage Door - Arrival Time?
Posted: 4/16/06 at 1:47pm

This is crazy!

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

WithoutATrace
#34re: Julia Roberts Stage Door - Arrival Time?
Posted: 4/16/06 at 2:11pm

i too, think it is crazy, but if you are determined to meet her and get her autograph, it is certainly possible. i'd say it's eaiest for the SRO people to get out quickly...and the people on the aisle in the left side of the orchestra.

i wonder if she requested to the powers that be that she only sign for those who saw that particular performance...
Updated On: 4/16/06 at 02:11 PM

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#35re: Julia Roberts Stage Door - Arrival Time?
Posted: 4/16/06 at 2:13pm

I think it is a grea thing. Only people who paid to see the shows should be able to "stage door" ...just my opinion.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

Yankeefan007
#36re: Julia Roberts Stage Door - Arrival Time?
Posted: 4/16/06 at 3:30pm

Yes, Withoutatrace, it was Julia's idea.

emo_geek Profile Photo
emo_geek
#37re: Julia Roberts Stage Door - Arrival Time?
Posted: 4/16/06 at 3:33pm

muscle23ftl- I agree too.

"I never had theatre producers run after me. Some people want to make more Broadway shows out of movies. But Elliot and I aren't going to do Batman: The Musical." - Julie Taymor 1999

Harmondo21
#38re: Julia Roberts Stage Door - Arrival Time?
Posted: 4/16/06 at 4:12pm

I am in the very top right hand corner one week from today. I am pretty high up. I guess I better haul some tale to get out there in the barracade. I'm really glad she decided to just sign for those who paid to see her show. That's great! Can't wait!

jsrocks
#39re: Julia Roberts Stage Door - Arrival Time?
Posted: 4/16/06 at 7:09pm

Yeah I think it's a good idea too for her to only sign for people who saw the show. It just wouldn't be fair to those who paid the price of the tickets and then they got blocked off from trying to get her autograph because other people are in the way.

"Michael's got a head like a Ping Pong Ball" -The Cast of Sweeney-

ILoveMyDictionary Profile Photo
ILoveMyDictionary
#40re: Julia Roberts Stage Door - Arrival Time?
Posted: 4/16/06 at 7:22pm

Yesterday it was impossible to just get down the other side of the street. There were hundreds of people trying to get glimpses of her. Then at around 7:00 I went to the stage door, to get one last chance for Ms. Joseph to sign my playbill, (which she did and she was very nice) and surprisingly there were only like five people waiting for Julia before the 8 o'clock show. I don't even know if Julia went in through the stage door. Some lady said that she went in through someother secret entrance. My advice if you want to catch her before the show and get a picture which will be near impossible is to walk up and down 43rd street from like 6-7:30 looking for a black SUV.

emo_geek Profile Photo
emo_geek
#41re: Julia Roberts Stage Door - Arrival Time?
Posted: 4/16/06 at 7:48pm

"My advice if you want to catch her before the show and get a picture which will be near impossible is to walk up and down 43rd street from like 6-7:30 looking for a black SUV."
Awwwwww I wouldn't do that. Let the poor woman rest/ enjoy her free time. She is gracious enough to exit through the stagedoor, so take advantage of that.

"I never had theatre producers run after me. Some people want to make more Broadway shows out of movies. But Elliot and I aren't going to do Batman: The Musical." - Julie Taymor 1999

HughE2030 Profile Photo
HughE2030
#42re: Julia Roberts Stage Door - Arrival Time?
Posted: 4/16/06 at 8:14pm

About 3 weeks ago a friend of mine was visiting from DC and saw the matinee. When she came out it was too crowded, so she waited for Julia the next day for her to go into the back door. As Julia approached with the bodyguard, he said do not approach us, my friend stood where she was and held out her playbill. Just as Julia passed a young girl ran up to Julia (she obviously didnt hear the instructions) The girl said Julia you are my role model yada yada yada. The bodyguard and Julia continued into the alley and ignored the girl. My friend said the girl was besides herself with excitement for just seeing Julia. After a few minutes the bodyguard came out asked the girl what she wanted to get signed the girl said she only had her Avenue Q ticket, so he took that. My friend said could julia sign her playbill, the guard said no Julia only wanted the girls item. The ticket came out and it said "Peace & Love Julia Roberts". Which if you have gotten a signed playbill by Julia you know is great, because at the stage door Ms. Roberts only signs J and a loopy R. Now my friend SUZ went back the next day to try the yelping youre my role model gig out, but it didn't work. Now the guard just yells at people to stay away from them.

www.ConfessionsofaPaparazzi.com

Yankeefan007
#43re: Julia Roberts Stage Door - Arrival Time?
Posted: 4/16/06 at 8:20pm

Julia is a very gracious person. Everyone should be lucky she's able to sign all that she does. If I were her, I'd use the Tim Curry exit.

emo_geek Profile Photo
emo_geek
#44re: Julia Roberts Stage Door - Arrival Time?
Posted: 4/16/06 at 9:13pm

WAIT! I was typing my essay after reading this and stopped in mid sentance. WHY would the little girl have a ticket to Avenue Q.

batchels
#45re: Julia Roberts Stage Door - Arrival Time?
Posted: 4/16/06 at 11:29pm

Yes I am on the aisle so there is some hope...

WithoutATrace
#46re: Julia Roberts Stage Door - Arrival Time?
Posted: 4/16/06 at 11:32pm

good luck! and enjoy the show. all three performances are wonderful.

JerseyScoundrel
#47re: Julia Roberts Stage Door - Arrival Time?
Posted: 4/16/06 at 11:45pm

I dont know how I am going to get from the stage door from row AA when I see it. After coming out of Caine Mutiny today, I heard people screaming for her. The crowd was absolutley crazy. Apparently she is really nice.

"This is a stupid story. It never stops. But we keep making lemonade! We're opening the biggest f***ing lemonade stand you ever saw!" -Walter Bobbie after a long day of Sweet Charity Rehersals (Newyorkmetro.com)
Updated On: 4/16/06 at 11:45 PM

WithoutATrace
#48re: Julia Roberts Stage Door - Arrival Time?
Posted: 4/16/06 at 11:54pm

if you're in Row AA of the orchestra, you might have to leave *before* the curtain call in order to make it out on time...although that is rude to do (especially if you have to bother people next to you to get past them).

Luckydave14
#49re: Julia Roberts Stage Door - Arrival Time?
Posted: 4/17/06 at 2:10am

I am in Row AA too. I already got to meet Julia last Wednesday after the matinee so I guess it will be OK if I don't see her, though I'd like to have her autograph on my playbill. I wouldn't want to leave early because the actors probably would notice.

Videos