News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

The new silver Sharpies

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#25re: The new silver Sharpies
Posted: 5/4/06 at 2:04am

I have gotten several batches of Silver Sharpies, and they're never worked. I keep them upside down, and they don't even write inside on paper.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

mejusthavingfun Profile Photo
mejusthavingfun
#26re: The new silver Sharpies
Posted: 5/4/06 at 10:22am

i'm not a stalker,, i wouldnt know

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#27re: The new silver Sharpies
Posted: 5/4/06 at 10:24am

I didn't get them for that. I got them for a project I had to do, but it never worked so I ended up getting the paint pens.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

JustChillin8908
#28re: The new silver Sharpies
Posted: 5/4/06 at 10:54am

"i'm not a stalker,, i wouldnt know "

That was a rude and unnecessary comment!

mejusthavingfun
#29re: The new silver Sharpies
Posted: 5/4/06 at 11:14am

You’re right... I guess I will just never understand the endless pursuit of Broadway autographs. Or the need to be the "friend" of someone in a show.

wickedrentq Profile Photo
wickedrentq
#30re: The new silver Sharpies
Posted: 5/4/06 at 4:18pm

Why if you stage door often, or get hello/hugs from cast members, does everyone assume that you want or think you need them to be your friends??

That's totally fine that you don't understand why anyone would want autographs, some do, and some don't.

But why is it such a crime to enjoy getting autographs/pics, etc, and leave it at that? To truly want to tell people how wonderful you thought their performance was? Why does everyone assume that people who stage door are gonna show up at their apartments?

"If there was a Mount Rushmore for Broadway scores, "West Side Story" would be front and center. It snaps, it crackles it pops! It surges with a roar, its energy and sheer life undiminished by the years" - NYPost reviewer Elisabeth Vincentelli

mejusthavingfun
#31re: The new silver Sharpies
Posted: 5/4/06 at 7:21pm

"But why is it such a crime to enjoy getting autographs/pics, etc, and leave it at that? To truly want to tell people how wonderful you thought their performance was? "

Well i dont really want to start a debate here,, and I think fans are great. At times it I think people go a little overboard and show up every night and often block tourists from getting a hello or whatever.

"Why does everyone assume that people who stage door are gonna show up at their apartments?"

Believe it or not that is a reality. I have seen it happen, especially subway stalking. I know the fan is ...you know.. just interested and may have only good intentions,,, but it's rather strange. I was out one night with a close friend and some groupies followed us to a bar. It's really strange.

For me an outsider who has actual friends and family on stage,,, it's weird to see people on here talking like they are close with these "stars." One performer is mentioned on here frequently I know for a fact is afraid of the poster. Someone made a hysterical comic of the "fan" and jokingly put in her dressing room.
Updated On: 5/4/06 at 07:21 PM

dirty rotten guy Profile Photo
dirty rotten guy
#32re: The new silver Sharpies
Posted: 5/4/06 at 7:25pm

Dude, your an ass. There is this great saying that goes "Live and let live". You should really try it some time.

"The hallmark of aristocracy is responsibility. Oh brother, that got me, that did me in!"

Night Life Love
#33re: The new silver Sharpies
Posted: 5/4/06 at 7:34pm

I had that problem when I went to Anthony Rapp's booksigning. I thought a silver Sharpie would be best on the broadway version of Rent poster, but you could barely see it. I say go for the black, i usually get the stars to sign by their photo anyway. Besides, if its a playbill like The Odd Couple or Hairspray, black works best!

The one that loves the most...is at the mercy of the one that loves the least.

Maryjoannejean Profile Photo
Maryjoannejean
#34re: The new silver Sharpies
Posted: 5/4/06 at 8:04pm

OMG, i know what u mean!!!!

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel Profile Photo
Dirty Rotten Scoundrel
#35re: The new silver Sharpies
Posted: 5/4/06 at 8:56pm

mejusthavingfun, please, before you attack more members of this board, learn to differentiate between a comma, a period, and what their purposes are in a sentence.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#36re: The new silver Sharpies
Posted: 5/4/06 at 9:16pm

You’re right... I guess I will just never understand the endless pursuit of Broadway autographs. Or the need to be the "friend" of someone in a show.

Aren't you noble. May I kiss the back of your comma-fied hand?

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel
#37re: The new silver Sharpies
Posted: 5/4/06 at 9:30pm

Aren't you noble. May I kiss the back of your comma-fied hand?

Or better yet...may I have your autograph?

mejusthavingfun
#38re: The new silver Sharpies
Posted: 5/4/06 at 9:38pm

I haven't attacked anyone, that other guy is throwing insults. As far as my punctuation and syntax are concerned, I don't give a fcuk. I am a legit and paid writer by trade, I probably know more about the English and Spanish languages than you are interested in learning. This is a message board not the Times. This is like a pickup game for me. So spare me the Lisa Simpson better-than-me bit.
Updated On: 5/4/06 at 09:38 PM

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#39re: The new silver Sharpies
Posted: 5/4/06 at 9:42pm

fcuk

Great store!

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

dirty rotten guy
#40re: The new silver Sharpies
Posted: 5/4/06 at 9:43pm

Would a "legit and paid writer by trade" really write "fcuk"?

"The hallmark of aristocracy is responsibility. Oh brother, that got me, that did me in!"

mejusthavingfun
#41re: The new silver Sharpies
Posted: 5/4/06 at 9:50pm

yes so i don't get bumped by these lamo censors. and ur the one swearing. so what, i swear and use slang.. you think that makes me less intelligent?

dirty rotten guy
#42re: The new silver Sharpies
Posted: 5/4/06 at 9:51pm

Yes, yes I do.

mejusthavingfun
#43re: The new silver Sharpies
Posted: 5/4/06 at 9:53pm

I guess she told me!

dirty rotten guy
#44re: The new silver Sharpies
Posted: 5/4/06 at 9:56pm

Oh I'm sorry, was that supposed to be witty?

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel
#45re: The new silver Sharpies
Posted: 5/4/06 at 10:06pm

It's sad that you have to defend yourself to a bunch of people on a message board whose opinions you obviously don't care about. So giving us the whole "I know more about the English language" etc etc crap, well, it's pathetic.

mejusthavingfun
#46re: The new silver Sharpies
Posted: 5/4/06 at 10:10pm

you're right it's sad.. but i didn't start the personal attacks. Does your holier-than-thou ranting ever stop? it's freakin message board

dirty rotten guy
#47re: The new silver Sharpies
Posted: 5/4/06 at 10:18pm

Oh no, calling people stalkers would only be with the kindest intents.

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel
#48re: The new silver Sharpies
Posted: 5/4/06 at 10:21pm

I don't know how old you are, but I'm 15...so I figured whatever maturity you're lacking I'd pick up the slack. Thank me later.

mejusthavingfun
#49re: The new silver Sharpies
Posted: 5/4/06 at 10:24pm

Dude it's a joke and obviously you got it. Why don't you end this? I sent you an pm already about your azshole remark. I'm real sure you'd say that to my face.

Videos