pixeltracker

The 2006 Positive Appreciative Tony Awards Thread!- Page 2

The 2006 Positive Appreciative Tony Awards Thread!

freeadmission Profile Photo
freeadmission
#25the 2006 positive appreciative tony awards thread!
Posted: 6/12/06 at 4:30pm

Sorry I feel really stupid but what was Bob Crowley refering to when he said:

"but between you and me, I should have won it for the other one."

I looked it up, and he also did the scenic design for Tarzan. I assume that's what he'd referring to.

One of the most amusing things of the night: Joanna Gleason's introduction to Sweeney. "A half-mad barber who -- HALF?!?"

*dies*

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#26the 2006 positive appreciative tony awards thread!
Posted: 6/12/06 at 4:32pm

I loved the look of surprise on Christin Hoff's face when he won.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#27the 2006 positive appreciative tony awards thread!
Posted: 6/12/06 at 4:34pm

I loved the awards. Most predictions were wrong and the show was actually exciting. No one knew who was going to win!

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

BigBrad
#28the 2006 positive appreciative tony awards thread!
Posted: 6/12/06 at 4:40pm

They did a pretty good job of keeping it on track too - I was pleasantly surprised that Oprah didn't grandstand more. It was nice for a midwesterner to get to see more of the theater folks, though, so I always love to watch... I thought the tribute to those who had passed away was very touching.

And when I see an angel face My heart and my mind start to race I feel I'm drunk with love in a magic marketplace

ThankstoPhantom
#29the 2006 positive appreciative tony awards thread!
Posted: 6/12/06 at 4:41pm

The show itself was the best I've seen in years. They should keep the no hosting. It's so much more interesting and exciting. The performances were well filmed as well! They kept the shots close to give a feeling of intimacy to the TV viewers.

How to properly use its/it's: Its is the possessive. It's is the contraction for it is...

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#30the 2006 positive appreciative tony awards thread!
Posted: 6/12/06 at 9:50pm

With all the negativity on the boards today... this thread is a breath of fresh air!

Surely all you "critics" can find SOMETHING positive to say...

"Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see. . ."

tabbynyc
#31the 2006 positive appreciative tony awards thread!
Posted: 6/12/06 at 10:06pm

The show was well done and moved along nicely. The winners all derserved their awards for their wonderful work on Broadway.

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#32the 2006 positive appreciative tony awards thread!
Posted: 6/12/06 at 10:13pm

Norbert and Victoria were LOVELY!!! I adore them. I like the idea of the previous year's musical actor/actress winners kind of shepherding the Tonys to their beginning, if that makes sense. the 2006 positive appreciative tony awards thread!

Fabrizio2
#33the 2006 positive appreciative tony awards thread!
Posted: 6/12/06 at 10:29pm

I liked the part where Christine Ebersole said "Oh, a republican puppet!"

I<3bway Profile Photo
I<3bway
#34the 2006 positive appreciative tony awards thread!
Posted: 6/12/06 at 10:42pm

Yeah for this thread!! I was so happy for Christian when he won his award, especially for John since this is his first major broadway show!!

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#35the 2006 positive appreciative tony awards thread!
Posted: 6/17/06 at 9:35am

"- Having Chita Rivera not pronounce anybody dead. "

Amazing! I'm keeping this one!

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

Videos