pixeltracker

High school musical a musical?- Page 2

High school musical a musical?

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#25re: High school musical
Posted: 7/25/06 at 8:32pm

My head hurts.

My "block user" function still does not work.

A work of art is an invitation to love.
Updated On: 7/25/06 at 08:32 PM

Reverie
#26re: High school musical
Posted: 7/25/06 at 11:16pm

"By the way, I read sorry it's a habbit as sorry it's a hobbit."

I did exactly the same thing!

lovelyspotlight Profile Photo
lovelyspotlight
#27re: High school musical
Posted: 7/25/06 at 11:19pm

I read it as "rabbit" when I first glanced.

GodIHopeIGetIt Profile Photo
GodIHopeIGetIt
#28re: High school musical
Posted: 7/25/06 at 11:28pm

I think the rabbits are nicer than dew's little habit.

zoran912 Profile Photo
zoran912
#29re: High school musical
Posted: 7/26/06 at 12:22am

If this board is good for anything anymore, it's a laugh.

I fully support the movement to institute a screening process for knowledge of the english language.

Let me guess - "wuts a screning prcess"

matt schneider
#30re: High school musical
Posted: 7/29/06 at 11:39pm

If we could get back on topic, does anyone belive HSM could be turned into a musical, or be regarded as one.

I personally think it will be a horrible play and it dosen't deserve to be called a musical, untill the new, evil, verson comes out.

The bushes of Tex were nervous recks because their son was dim, But look what happened to him~Dirrty Rotten Scoundrels~all about Ruprecht They say the thoughtful musicals dead on broadway~forbiden broadway : SVU~The crime scene Never say never, there's always one more person you can hit up~avenue Q.~the money song Life sucks, get a pacifyer~my own saying

luvtheEmcee
#31re: High school musical
Posted: 7/29/06 at 11:44pm

For God's sake, why wouldn't it be regarded as a musical? It IS a musical. It can't be turned into something it already is; it's a movie that can be put on stage.

The fact that your asking this says nothing else that you don't know what a musical is. It doesn't deserve to be called a musical? Because it's bad? Honey, there are MANY bad musicals. "Musical" is not some sacred term reserved for things that meet your approval; it is a term that denotes genre.

God.

Go. Away.

matt schneider
#32re: High school musical
Posted: 7/29/06 at 11:47pm

IT is a movie with songs, not a musical. I cant imagine it being on stage, so untill someone puts it on stage, ick, I dont belive it should be regarded as a musical.
My 2 cents

The bushes of Tex were nervous recks because their son was dim, But look what happened to him~Dirrty Rotten Scoundrels~all about Ruprecht They say the thoughtful musicals dead on broadway~forbiden broadway : SVU~The crime scene Never say never, there's always one more person you can hit up~avenue Q.~the money song Life sucks, get a pacifyer~my own saying

matt schneider
#33re: High school musical
Posted: 7/29/06 at 11:53pm

I've been talking to dewdew17, and his idiotic oppinion is the same as emcee's. I belive that since he hasn't seen it it should be regarded. Also his account got sencored, now he isn't alowed to post. I'm not going to keep doing this, but he begged a lot before I got a chance to block him, he wants o post his 2 cents badly.

luvtheEmcee
#34re: High school musical
Posted: 7/29/06 at 11:56pm

I thought you were friends.

Look. Why don't you go read a book about musicals and learn what one is? And while you're at it, look up the definition of an opinion.

Calling something what it is -- as I have called HSM a musical BECAUSE IT IS -- is not an opinion. It is a MOVIE MUSICAL. See the word musical? You can't tell me it's not,because it is. There are no two ways about it. Since when are movie musicals not regarded as musicals? Don't regard it as a stage show, but you look like an idiot saying that you don't regard it as a musical because it hasn't been on stage -- especially when in reality, you don't regard it as a musical just because it's bad.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Updated On: 7/29/06 at 11:56 PM

Lindsay Hameister Profile Photo
Lindsay Hameister
#35re: High school musical
Posted: 7/30/06 at 12:08am

i agree that high school music was craptastic, i was shocked disney doesnt usially produce crap but i hated it. but I have to also agree with the people saying its a musical, not all musicals are good unfortunatly but then again everyones deffinition of good is different, i agree that it sucked but unfortunatly there are sucky musical. so it IS a musical.

you cant fix stupid
Updated On: 7/30/06 at 12:08 AM

Tokyogirl119
#36re: High school musical
Posted: 7/30/06 at 2:25am

I was really wondering where this whole "It's not a musical" thing came from.

You know, I kinda like it. Not anything I would spend money on, but something to watch if there's nothing to watch on tv or I lost the remote and are too lazy to get up.

brdwybound2 Profile Photo
brdwybound2
#37re: High school musical
Posted: 7/30/06 at 2:58am

Highschool Musical is a musical... hence the name. I think a better argument would be if it is a good musical or not. I know some schools in my area are trying out Highschool Musical as a stage show this year and it will be interesting how it turns out. Well, not interesting probably, because I don't really have a good feeling about the show on stage, but we'll see. Is anyone doing it at their school this year, besides the guy that got blocked from posting?

somebody hold me too close...

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#38re: High school musical
Posted: 7/30/06 at 5:25am

There are anime fans out there who insist that Pokemon is not an anime, because it's "kiddie rubbish". But it's a cartoon from Japan, so of course it's anime! Whether they like it or not! And this whole thread is really reminding me of those anime fans. XD

coolphantom919 Profile Photo
coolphantom919
#39re: High school musical
Posted: 7/30/06 at 8:26am

in ways it is, but it's not good.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#40re: High school musical
Posted: 7/30/06 at 9:15am

"By the way, I read sorry it's a habbit as sorry it's a hobbit."

Ugh me too.

No. High School Musical is not a musical. It's actually a type of luxury car. You can only buy them in Germany, France, or China. In my opinion, it's better than an Audi but not as good as a BMW.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

Lome2 Profile Photo
Lome2
#41re: High school musical
Posted: 7/30/06 at 10:10am

I can't see why the definition of a "musical" should be so complex. Here's the definition from Wilkipedia (I know is not the most reliable source) for both: Musical film and Musical theater, and, since Disney is licensing HSM for high school productions, I think it fits perfectly on both definitions:

- The musical film is a film genre in which several songs sung by the characters are interwoven into the narrative. The songs are usually used to advance the plot or develop the film's characters.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musical_film

- Musical theatre is a form of theatre combining music, songs, dance, and spoken dialogue.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musical_theatre

Updated On: 7/30/06 at 10:10 AM

HeartandMusic
#42re: High school musical
Posted: 7/30/06 at 10:44am

Ugh, my old high school is doing the show next year.

brandonm
#43re: High school musical
Posted: 7/30/06 at 11:06am

I just got finished doing a summer theatre camp at a local theatre, and we did a stage version of High School Musical (completely illegal).I got to be Troy, which was really fun. I hated it at first, but it grew on me.

"Let the little girl go, and that poor little dog? Dodo." That's my favorite line in the whole show (Wicked). My next favorite line is "Oh! It seems the artichoke is steamed."

luvtheEmcee
#44re: High school musical
Posted: 7/30/06 at 11:09am

"in a way it is"

No, it isn't in a way. It. just. is.

#45re: High school musical
Posted: 7/31/06 at 2:30pm

You're kind of right. The only times they sing (besides "Getcha Head in the Game", "Stick To the Status Quo", and "When There Was Me & You") are when the characters are performing.

Soozie
#46re: High school musical
Posted: 8/1/06 at 2:44pm

This thread has a ridiculous argument going and so I hesitate to enter into the "discussion". However, you may wish to know that Disney Theatricals and Music Theater International's first LICENSED production will be performed later this month at Stagedoor Manor, a theater camp in the Catskills. Shame on the illegal production. Hard to believe a camp took that risk. The Stagedoor production was announced today both in the NYTimes and on Playbill.com.

Videos