LaChanze's vacation

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#25re: LaChanze's vacation
Posted: 7/28/06 at 12:54pm

But the fact that she is missing 4-5 performances a week, for the past few weeks, leads me to believe that serious illness is not the cause.

bjh2114, this is how rumors get started. She has not been missing 4-5 performances per week. She has been performing 4-5 performances per week.

4th post in this thread:

I have a contact in the box office -

LaChanze is scheduled to return tuesday, August 15th.

She has been doing 4-5 shows a week since she won.

Saying that something "leads you to believe" something else about someone you do not know is assuming. You have no idea what is going on in her life.

When Broadway performers are out, it is because of a scheduled vacation or illness. Unless you hear otherwise, this is all you can fairly assume. It is unfair to make pre-judgments otherwise.

We all agree that it is unfortunate that people are missing the chance to see her performance, but that is not a reason to make personal speculations as to why she has been out. Gossip does no good for anyone.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)
Updated On: 7/28/06 at 12:54 PM

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#26re: LaChanze's vacation
Posted: 7/28/06 at 1:02pm

Oh, I am sorry let me change my 5 to a 3 so that I can say "She has been missing 3-4 performances a week." If she is performing 4, then she is still missing 4, that number doesn't change. So rather instead of missing 5 a week as the other parameter, she is missing 3. That's still a lot! 3 a week comes out to missing over 12 performances a month!

theatrechic
#27re: LaChanze's vacation
Posted: 7/28/06 at 4:23pm

So I have a question... is LaChanze on vacation right now? I was thinking of trying to get rush tickets for sometime this weekend and I only want to go if there is a chance that I can see her. I've already seen Kenita and as good as she is... I only want to see LaChanze...

JackiesBroJoe Profile Photo
JackiesBroJoe
#28re: LaChanze's vacation
Posted: 7/28/06 at 4:35pm

have you not read this thread? LaChanze is out of the show until the 2nd week of August.

Matthewjames Profile Photo
Matthewjames
#29re: LaChanze's vacation
Posted: 7/28/06 at 4:42pm

these are scheduled

maybe they are just trying to get the kineta more popular so people arnt so bummed when she takes over the role full time

Once upon a time I used to play with toys, but now I'd rather play around with teenage boys

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#30re: LaChanze's vacation
Posted: 7/28/06 at 5:13pm

JBJ, I understood what you said, and it just cracked me up when people continued to ask!!

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

C is for Company
#31re: LaChanze's vacation
Posted: 7/28/06 at 5:29pm

I don't really think this is a new thing, LaChanze hasn't been missing a lot just since Tony time, throughout the whole run it was like that too. It is just something to expect, I believe that there is a reason though, I do remember hearing of her doing this with Dessa Rose. I also remember hearing that she has an ongoing illness of the sorts. Don't take any of this as fact, but there were things posted like this last year that I recall. She is still an amazing performer if you see her, she is worth it.
And Foster, yes I get tired of typing LaChanze and I was going to put LaC, but that is like CoC. So I stick with La :)

Ruth Sherwood Profile Photo
Ruth Sherwood
#32re: LaChanze's vacation
Posted: 7/29/06 at 9:28am

As I recall, La Chanze had to have major abdominal surgery during her run in "Dessa Rose."

I don't think we should fault any performer for being sick. If we are to fault anyone, it should be the producers for not releasing a statement as to why the performer is out...scheduled vacation, illness, etc. Without any such statement, I don't think we should jump to conclusions such as "This person is just being a diva," "They aren't really sick," etc. The only time we may have reason to jump to those conclusions is when it has become a pattern throughout many of the performer's shows (Nathan Lane and Gwen Verdon for example.)

And this last question is somewhat off-topic, but does anyone know if Beth Leavel is back in "Drowsy" yet? I heard she has bronchitis.

"Life beats down and crushes the soul and art reminds you that you have one." -Stella Adler

Mattbrain
#33re: LaChanze's vacation
Posted: 7/29/06 at 10:34am

So when is she coming back to The Color Purple? Is it after the 11th or isn't it?

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."
Updated On: 7/30/06 at 10:34 AM

Mattbrain
#34re: LaChanze's vacation
Posted: 7/30/06 at 1:48pm

Someone please tell me if she'll be out on the 11th. I just need an answer.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

Mattbrain
#35re: LaChanze's vacation
Posted: 7/30/06 at 2:02pm

Anyone? Helloooooooooooooooooooooooo.

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#36re: LaChanze's vacation
Posted: 7/30/06 at 2:05pm

She returns to the show August 15th, which means yes, she'll be out on the 11th. Read the thread.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

Mattbrain
#37re: LaChanze's vacation
Posted: 7/30/06 at 2:07pm

I know. I started the thread. Thanks for letting me know. I'm out. Peace.

Videos