pixeltracker

Lippa Wild Party appreciation thread- Page 2

Lippa Wild Party appreciation thread

broadwaybaby086
#25re: Lippa Wild Party appreciation thread
Posted: 8/3/06 at 11:50pm

I know what you mean, lindsay33! I was in a mounting of Lippa's Wild Party this past semester at my university, and there are some great songs that weren't recorded. I don't have my script with me and I can't remember the song, but the one between Queenie, Burrs, Black, and Kate toward the end of the second act....it's great! I wish I could remember more specifically...I think it's after 'Let Me Drown' and 'The Fight' and 'Take a Hit'....heck, I can't remember the order of the songs anymore! haha. Do you know which one I'm talking about? (Back off, Mr. Black!...Burrsie, Burrsie....Oh, you're so mean to me!...Listen, listen, listen.....I'm not stopping this party; I don't care if it never stops!! [exit])

Yeah, sorry for rambling. I only remember bits and pieces of it. But I wish it was recorded!

"I'll cut you, Tracee Beazer!!!! ...Just kidding. I'd never cut anyone." -Tina Maddigan, 9/30/06, WS stage door
Avatar: JULIE "EFFING" WHITE, 2007 TONY WINNER. Thank God. I'm thinking about legally changing my name to Lizzie Curry...

Atrias Profile Photo
Atrias
#26re: Lippa Wild Party appreciation thread
Posted: 8/4/06 at 12:05am

I was just introduced to this in a show I'm doing. All I can say is "Wow!" It's some amazing work!

John3 Profile Photo
John3
#27re: Lippa Wild Party appreciation thread
Posted: 8/4/06 at 12:51am

I saw a production of this at the community college a while back, and it was amazing. Then I was hooked

lindsay33
#28re: Lippa Wild Party appreciation thread
Posted: 8/4/06 at 11:43am

The song's called "Listen to Me", it happens right after "I'll Be Here". Great moment!

WhenURScrap Profile Photo
WhenURScrap
#29re: Lippa Wild Party appreciation thread
Posted: 8/4/06 at 12:17pm

When I saw this show at Kent State, I fell in love with it. (The girl touring as Barbie now played Kate -- Amazing!) I saw the show 4 times, bought the CD, have been searching for the music. What disapoints me on the CD is there are two numbers that aren't on the CD ... at least two numbers anyway. The Fight between Burrs and Eddie and "Sunday Noon".

Theres a production of this just starting rehearsals in Cleveland.

Katie2
#30re: Lippa Wild Party appreciation thread
Posted: 8/5/06 at 2:16am

This is one of my favorite shows and I've never even seen it performed live. Those 4 voices just blow me away and the score is hauntingly beautiful. I haven't really listened to LaChiusa's besides a quick listen-through, but I'm bummed that Lippa's didn't make it to Broadway.

BSoBW2
#31re: Lippa Wild Party appreciation thread
Posted: 8/5/06 at 3:12am

Julia Murney is just queen of all.

BUT Alix Korey is the reason I let this CD survive on my computer.

"I personally thought LaChiusa's Wild Party was a disaster."

Care to explain that? Many people think Lippa's was the disaster. re: Lippa Wild Party appreciation thread

Alas, it's harder to make art than to live safely.

Hoof
#32re: Lippa Wild Party appreciation thread
Posted: 8/5/06 at 12:21pm

*Sigh* Julia.

Lippa's is probably my all time favourite musical. Personally, I don't think it matters that it strays from the original poem, because it's not supposed to be a tribute to Joseph Mancure March; it's Lippa doing a very cool adaptation and doing it very, very well.

Chevstriss
#33re: Lippa Wild Party appreciation thread
Posted: 8/5/06 at 1:51pm

DefyingEDGT- the reason 2 separate works happened at the same time - the poem became public domain and both composers snapped it up to use for lyrics. Ya know, there might even be a bunch more musicals out there using the March poem that simply didn't make it as far as the two we know.

re: Lippa Wild Party appreciation thread

Jennie Eisenhower, as Kate far left, won a Barrymore (philly) for this production.

I'd fire you... if you weren't so g*dd*mn beautiful out there. - Blades of Glory blog

Boq101
#34re: Lippa Wild Party appreciation thread
Posted: 8/11/07 at 2:46am

While we're in the subject of unrecorded Lippa Wild Party songs, there are two that were in a production i saw recently which were not in the off-broadway show, does anyone know why??

The songs are "The Gal for Me" and "Who is this Man"

I went on MTI and the song list they have only lists the numbers in the OOBCR

jakebloke Profile Photo
jakebloke
#35re: Lippa Wild Party appreciation thread
Posted: 8/11/07 at 9:00am

I was fortunate enought to see both versions of The Wild Party in the same week. I definitely preferred Lippa's version. Someone asked what the sets were like, and I honestly can't remember much, which makes me sad. It was fairly simple. I remember a bed, and a bathroom with toilet and tub I think. The orchestra was behind the stage, behind a backdrop that you could see thru. As for the performances, I do remember being completely blown away by Julia Murney and thinking where did this girl come from and we need to see more of her. Brian D'arcy James was also crazy....in a good way. He's supposed to be. And that voice of his. Damn. I loved Idina. And since i was fortunate to have a front row seat, I will always remember Taye Diggs in nothing but a pair of black briefs standing literally 4 feet away. It was a very sexy show. HAHA And Audra McDonald sitting right behind me. I really wish I had been able to see it at least a second time so that I could remember more.

Boq101
#36re: Lippa Wild Party appreciation thread
Posted: 8/11/07 at 10:19pm

Do you have a program of the show? does it list the musical numbers? I keep finding song titles in the internet that I've never heard about before tied to this show.

withoutlovewithoutU Profile Photo
withoutlovewithoutU
#37re: Lippa Wild Party appreciation thread
Posted: 8/11/07 at 11:21pm

Great show. I find myself walking around my apartment singing Life of the Party so often I think my upstairs neigbors now know the lyrics!

"If we don't live happily ever after at least we survive until the end of the week!" -Kermit the frog "I need the money... it costs a lot to look this cheap!" -Dolly P. "Oh please, Over at 'Gypsy' Patti LuPone hasn't even alienated her first daughter yet!" Mary Testa in "Xanadu" "...Like a drunk Chita Rivera!" Robin de Jesus in "In the Heights"

"B*tch, I don't know your life." -Xanadu After that if he still doesn't understand why you were uncomfortable and are now infuriated, kick him again but this time with Jazz Hands!!! -KillerTofu

Boq101
#38re: Lippa Wild Party appreciation thread
Posted: 8/11/07 at 11:58pm

I wish someone knew the answer to my question...XD

jakebloke Profile Photo
jakebloke
#39re: Lippa Wild Party appreciation thread
Posted: 8/12/07 at 2:13am

I do believe that the recording does not include everything in the show. They decided to make some cuts for some reason. If memory serves me right, I think it could have been a double CD recording. I wish I still had my program. I only kept the cover....sorry.

Boq101
#40re: Lippa Wild Party appreciation thread
Posted: 8/12/07 at 2:40am

No problem, it does answer my question to some degree.

Boq101
#41re: Lippa Wild Party appreciation thread
Posted: 8/12/07 at 10:34am

So, does anyone here know the entire song list from the show?

...bump?

Videos