pixeltracker

"Oooh...I got the chills"- Page 2

"Oooh...I got the chills"

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#25re: 'Oooh...I got the chills'
Posted: 8/21/06 at 2:39am

The Final Balld in Sweeney Todd. That is intense in the front row.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

C is for Company
#26re: 'Oooh...I got the chills'
Posted: 8/21/06 at 2:40am

"I can't imagine how Sweeney can give a person chills."

Hm small imagination. That whole show combines so much power into one epic production, I get chills thinking of the coffin opening and the music reaching that crescendo.

Another good one for me is seeing Velma rising from the elevator and knowing how fantastic the choreography is and what a great opening there is.

RentBoy86
#28re: 'Oooh...I got the chills'
Posted: 8/21/06 at 3:43am

[Is it me or are there so many Sweeney lovers after this recent revival? I guess the Wicked kids are growing up. Just a thought, I liked the show too.]

I agree about Piazza. When Margaret walks in I got chills and I also shouted "Oh ****!" What a great ending to Act 1. And I'm glad they never resolved that scene. Like, they never play it out, I think that is a smart choice.

I also get chills whenever Julia Murney sings and when Saycon hits the note at the end of Defying Gravity. I love her. Plain and simple.

Also, when LaChanze sings "Nettie!" on the Color Purple recording. Ew, I just got chills thinking about it.
Updated On: 8/21/06 at 03:43 AM

C is for Company
#29re: 'Oooh...I got the chills'
Posted: 8/21/06 at 3:49am

Would you rather the "Wicked kids" remain stuck on something everyone complains about or get interested in a more mature show that....oh wait, everyone complains about too?
Many people, like myself, had a strong attachment to the original and their love was enhanced by the revival. Others just were introduced to it through the new production, I don't see what the problem is there.

RentHead2 Profile Photo
RentHead2
#30re: 'Oooh...I got the chills'
Posted: 8/21/06 at 7:38am

Everytime I read these boards people keep knocking "Rent" and "Wicked." What exactly are the problems with these two shows: besides from it creating a generation of people actually going to see broadway who would never go otherwise. The first show I ever saw was Rent in 96' when I was 16 and damn if it wasn't for that show chances are I wouldn't even have a love for theatre as I do today (for various shows). And chances are alot of people you find in the Wicked theatre are not theatre fans.. Having said that...I will answer the question:

1. Cover You Reprise (Rent) - my heart literally stopped during this number.
2. The Next 10 Minutes (The Last 5 Years) - gut wrenching powerful song.
3. The I Love You Song (Spelling Bee) - everytime I go see this show/listen to the music I get the chills.
4. Defying Gravity - one of the best things I have ever seen, just to see her character reach that turning point was probably a highlight for me musical theatre wise.

I made a list of all your faults, it was quite detailed and lengthy too and when I read it through I missed you. Your like a classic Eagles song, you just cant help but sing along even though it sometimes gets annoying too. I just know I want to be wherever I can wake and see you there next to me. **High Fidelity** Love is what I do **The Wedding Singer** Xanadu - Best NEW Musical of the Season!

joshy Profile Photo
joshy
#31re: 'Oooh...I got the chills'
Posted: 8/21/06 at 8:38am

I get them often! Most recent was hearing Dot and George sing "we will always belong together!" in the London production of Sunday in the Park with George last week. :)

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#32re: 'Oooh...I got the chills'
Posted: 8/21/06 at 8:42am

--- LES MIZ- ONE DAY MORE, BRING HIM HOME and the finale
--- DEFYING GRAVITY in WICKED
--- everytime I see PHANTOM- the overature and theme song

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS

GYPSY1527 Profile Photo
GYPSY1527
#33re: 'Oooh...I got the chills'
Posted: 8/21/06 at 9:04am

-witnessing the opening number of the first preview of the Sweeney Todd revival.
-the overture of Gypsy
-Bernadette's Rose's Turn
-the last number of Sweeney Todd when they come foward to the end of the stage! Its so brillant!
-the last portion of A Little Priest.

Happy...Everything! Kaye Thompson

SNLMedia Profile Photo
SNLMedia
#34re: 'Oooh...I got the chills'
Posted: 8/21/06 at 9:04am

Add me to the "end of Piazza Act I" list. Even when I listen to "Say It Somehow", I get chills at the end of the song from just picturing what's happening on stage.

I also got chills the first time I saw DRS, when Sherie held that note at the end of "Here I Am". Gosh, I need to get back and see it one more time!

Call me silly, but I still get chills at the very beginning of Hairspray, when the lights start to dim, the chimes ring, and you hear the opening notes of "I Can Hear The Bells".

"The world is a better place because of hairspray." - Michael Ball

HeartandMusic
#35re: 'Oooh...I got the chills'
Posted: 8/21/06 at 9:20am

Oooh, this just happened to me on Saturday. I saw Oliver! with Colm Feore and there was a moment at the end where Fagin was looking down at Oliver, and I just had chills up and down my spine. Same goes for the first time I heard Oliver!, Hair, and Jesus Christ Superstar. And when I watched Bernadette Peters sing Rose's Turn. Can't think of any more right now. : )

SeptemberKel
#36re: 'Oooh...I got the chills'
Posted: 8/21/06 at 9:25am

It's been a while, but I clearly remember having chills when Fosca made her entrance in Passion. Also, Rose's Turn whenever it's sung/performed well (Bernadette and Patti come to mind). Oh, and the final Ballad of Sweeney Todd (particularly in the revival), culminating in the door slam.

"Of course there is the castle - the ruined castle. I find it lovely. Probably because it's ruined, I suppose." - Passion

sunflower12063 Profile Photo
sunflower12063
#37re: 'Oooh...I got the chills'
Posted: 8/21/06 at 9:26am

"Sunday" in Sunday in the Park with George.

Sweeney Todd's Act 2 "Johanna" with Ben Mag, MC, Diana, Lauren and Mark Jacoby.

"I'm like a helmet without a head." - mc in Dream On's episode 65 -"And Bobby Makes Three"

Producer2 Profile Photo
Producer2
#38re: 'Oooh...I got the chills'
Posted: 8/21/06 at 10:11am

The trolley song in meet me in st. louis with the on stage trolley

alliez92092 Profile Photo
alliez92092
#39re: 'Oooh...I got the chills'
Posted: 8/21/06 at 10:28am

All throughout Light in the Piazza. And a ton of numbers in Bare: A Pop Opera.

And bad example, but in Wicked when Julia Murney sings No Good Deed.

bare_nakedlady Profile Photo
bare_nakedlady
#40re: 'Oooh...I got the chills'
Posted: 8/21/06 at 11:03am

I got the chills at the very end of THE BEAUTIFUL GAME. Now every time I listen to it I still get them. A very powerful ending indeed.

I also got them/get them at the ending of VIOLET. This musical has to be one of the most moving pieces I have ever seen.

"It's like children's theatre for 40-year old gay people!" - XANADU THE MUSICAL

seasons of love Profile Photo
seasons of love
#41re: 'Oooh...I got the chills'
Posted: 8/21/06 at 11:14am

The part in "We Do Not Belong Together" in Sunday in the Park With George when Dot sings:

"No, you are complete George you are your own,
We do not belong together.
You are complete George you all alone,
I am unfinished- I am diminished
With or without you..."

And then...
"We do not belong together-
And we should have belonged together.
What made it so right together?
What made it so wrong?"

So poignant and beautiful. Actually that whole song really gets to me.

"I am unfinished- I am diminished With or without you..."

sideshow13 Profile Photo
sideshow13
#42re: 'Oooh...I got the chills'
Posted: 8/21/06 at 11:57am

Just saw "Aida" at the Thousand Oaks Civic plaza this weekend...

...TOTALLY got chills during the the last sixteen bars of "Dance of the Robe" and the end of "The Gods Love Nubia"

...ahhhh...it was so frickin' good!

que pasa calabaza...

LadyLizaElliott
#43re: 'Oooh...I got the chills'
Posted: 8/21/06 at 2:15pm

Ohh yeah, the first moment I could think of that just makes me get the chills, is the scream of the Ballerina on the Phantom album when the phantom hangs someone, that's awesome (i know who it is, just no spoilers just incase)

"Circle of Life" the Lion King- Oh...my..god..
End of Act I in the FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival when they just had the sound effects of the soldiers raiding the town.
Bernadette's Roses's Turn, oh yeah..
Maria Friedman in the ending of WOMAN IN WHITE in London, not New York, because dear god that was awful, and it wasn't her fault.
Finale of CHITTY CHITTY BANG BANG
Finale of THE KING AND I
Crescendo of "Fable"- LITP
Till We Reach that Day- RAGTIME
Finale of Mary Poppins, soundtrack
Finale of PASSION, and Flashback

ThankstoPhantom
#44re: 'Oooh...I got the chills'
Posted: 8/21/06 at 2:22pm

Almost the entire performance of WIW, especially the opening scene, Anne's scream "Curse you lady Glyde" is truly chilling. Also, the entire Confrontation between Laura and Glyde gave me chills, and shook my body. Yes, you can tell I got into that.

When everyone sings their own line in "One Day More".

POTO's overture and title song.

How to properly use its/it's: Its is the possessive. It's is the contraction for it is...

Wildcard
#45re: 'Oooh...I got the chills'
Posted: 8/21/06 at 3:00pm

I'm not really a fan of the show (but I do like it) but the Act 1 finale of Sunday in the Park with George gives me the chills. I am amazed when the painting comes together.

Wildcard
#46re: 'Oooh...I got the chills'
Posted: 8/21/06 at 3:00pm

I'm not really a fan of the show (but I do like it) but the Act 1 finale of Sunday in the Park with George gives me the chills. I am amazed when the painting comes together.

#47re: 'Oooh...I got the chills'
Posted: 8/21/06 at 10:30pm

Even if the show's mediocre, Maureen McGovern's "Days of Plenty" in 'Little Women' was knock-down, drag-out amazing. Her voice-- even if it did sound a wee bit tired-- is like velvet. Chills abound.

CurtainUp Profile Photo
CurtainUp
#48re: 'Oooh...I got the chills'
Posted: 8/21/06 at 11:14pm

"The I Love You Song" - Spelling Bee

And oddly, the con-men duo numbers: "Dirty Rotten Number" from DRS and the end of "Prisoners of Love (Leo & Max)" from the Producers

"One Day More" - Les Mis

...several more that I can't think of right now.

Rosencrantz: "Be happy - if you're not even HAPPY what's so good about surviving? We'll be all right. I suppose we just go on." - from Tom Stoppard's Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

bwayondabrain
#49re: 'Oooh...I got the chills'
Posted: 8/21/06 at 11:16pm

yeah, "Days of Plenty" and Sutton's last note in "Astonishing"- shook the theatre!!!
the beginning and the end door-slamming in SWEENEY TODD- wow
"Can't Help Falling In Love With You"- ALL SHOOK UP
"Fable"- LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA

and i also agree with the chills everytime a show starts- what an amazing feeling!
:)

JamesMacon Profile Photo
JamesMacon
#50re: 'Oooh...I got the chills'
Posted: 8/21/06 at 11:19pm

Almost all Broadway...
Seasons of Love - RENT
Fantasies Come True - Avenue Q
Many many many overtures

Videos