pixeltracker

[title of show] rush question...- Page 2

[title of show] rush question...

lotterymaster
#25re: [title of show] rush question...
Posted: 7/6/08 at 10:35pm

So they take names an 1 1/2 hours before and pull an 1 hour before?

folkyboy Profile Photo
folkyboy
#26re: [title of show] rush question...
Posted: 7/6/08 at 10:51pm

thanks yellibean. i appreciate your wisdom and will just go ahead and take my goodness and be happy with it! yay [tos]

coolkid11776
#27re: [title of show] rush question...
Posted: 7/6/08 at 10:55pm

?

Rent The best show on Broadway. I was at the closing. BEST night of my Life. April 29th 1996-September 7th 2008 12 years of love "No Day But Today"

broadwaybaby086
#28re: [title of show] rush question...
Posted: 7/7/08 at 12:30am

18 seats. The timing is vague. The girl doing it was kind of blasé about it all, though. Hopefully it'll be made more uniform soon.

"I'll cut you, Tracee Beazer!!!! ...Just kidding. I'd never cut anyone." -Tina Maddigan, 9/30/06, WS stage door
Avatar: JULIE "EFFING" WHITE, 2007 TONY WINNER. Thank God. I'm thinking about legally changing my name to Lizzie Curry...

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#29re: [title of show] rush question...
Posted: 7/7/08 at 12:38am

Folkyboy: You might as well try and sell your ticket to someone who loses. I haven't really been following the show, though, so I don't know how in demand your ticket will be if you win. But if yellibean mentioned that the stage is too high, perhaps you are better off where you are.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#30re: [title of show] rush question...
Posted: 7/7/08 at 6:49am

broadwaybaby086 ~ Blase is pretty much exactly the word for her. I was trying to help a couple of friends last night and realized I only had my student ID because I've just changed over to a NY license and only have the paper thing, which I don't keep with me (since I don't drive). I asked her if a student ID was ok and she said "Oh, you don't need ID." What, then how will you know I'm the person on the card. "Oh...I don't know. This is only my third time doing this. Maybe you need it inside at the window?"

I'm not sure if she's really that clueless/can't remember the rules or if they really don't have hard and fast rules yet. But I'd think TPTB should brief the person running lotto on the basics before sending her out to the wolves.

Not to mention you have to find her wandering around with a little basket. It was kind of...weird.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#31re: [title of show] rush question...
Posted: 7/7/08 at 9:43am

They are supposed to take names an hour and a half before but they were running about 10 minutes behind yesterday.

Only about 12 people showed up for the matinee.

As far as the ID goes, someone else got my ticket from the window, but I didn't see anyone showing ID.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler
Updated On: 7/7/08 at 09:43 AM

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#32re: [title of show] rush question...
Posted: 7/7/08 at 9:49am

Yeah, she said there were more tickets than people for matinee. But there were definitely more people than tickets for the evening show.

It's very weird they're not asking for ID. Don't think that'll last long. Anyone can claim to be anyone if they're not asking for ID. Crazy. I don't really care for me...I have a feeling this will be a see it once show for me...but for others it just seems weird that they don't require any type of ID.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

betsyl9
#33re: [title of show] rush question...
Posted: 7/7/08 at 11:07am

When I did the lotto last night, the guy at the window was checking ID's. I believe that any ID would work as long as it has your full name and picture. And you got to give the girl running the lotto a break, it's her first time doing something like this and she's only in highschool. I actually found her to be really sweet and was pretty on time for the two times I did it. And just so all the info is in one place:

Name Entering 1.5 hours before show
Drawing at 1 hour before show
$26.50 for each ticket
18 tickets total which are located in the first row and a couple of them are also located in the second row, center orchestra

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#34re: [title of show] rush question...
Posted: 7/7/08 at 11:45am

In high school or no, it is not that hard to learn lotto rules.

TPTB really should have it more organized though and be clear with her about the way it works. Does a card table really cost that much? Or have her stand in one place.

LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

#35re: [title of show] rush question...
Posted: 7/30/08 at 12:34am

Bump.

How's the lotto been lately? My trip to NYC is next week and I want to know my chances.

And also - has anyone sat in the seats? Are they good and can you see everything?

BroadwaynSeventh2 Profile Photo
BroadwaynSeventh2
#36re: [title of show] rush question...
Posted: 7/30/08 at 12:53am

The lotto has about 50 people most nights. However, if you lose lotto, they sell cheaper tickets at the box office. I lost once, but got $110 2nd row center orchestra tickets for only $45. Bring as many people as you can to the lotto to increase your chances. :)

verynewyorkcurious Profile Photo
verynewyorkcurious
#37re: [title of show] rush question...
Posted: 7/30/08 at 12:56am

I tried the lottery on Monday and lost. There were quite a lot of people there, like the above poster had said, about 50, maybe a little less. We weren't offered discounted orchestra seats though, just the $36 balcony seats.

shh282 Profile Photo
shh282
#38re: [title of show] rush question...
Posted: 8/7/08 at 1:18am

Didn't want to start a new thread-

Has anyone who has lost the lotto had the experience BroadwaynSeventh2 had? My mom wants to see this and I would like to *try* for lotto but we're not the best of friends, lotto and I. Any information is appreciated!

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#39re: [title of show] rush question...
Posted: 8/7/08 at 6:16am

shh282, just bring a printout of the discount code from BroadwayBox with you when you go to the lotto. If you lose, just present the printout at the window and you can buy a pair of $47.50 Orchestra seats.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

shh282 Profile Photo
shh282
#40re: [title of show] rush question...
Posted: 8/7/08 at 12:29pm

Thanks for the info WBaF- I went to show my mom that but I found her buying the tickets with that discount for tonight. eee.

so excited, I don't know what to do with myself.

logan0215 Profile Photo
logan0215
#41re: [title of show] rush question...
Posted: 8/20/08 at 11:10am

Has anyone been lately? A friend and I would like to see the show on the cheap (as we're both broke students). Our options are Rush, TDF or advanced ticket in the rear mezz. So:

A. How has this rush been in the past week

and

B. If anyone has gotten TDF tickets for [tos] lately, where were they located? Is it worth paying the $31 to TDF or am I going to end up paying more for a ticket in the rear-mezz?

I love America. Just because I think gay dudes should be allowed to adopt kids and we should all have hybrid cars doesn't mean I don't love America. [turns and winks directly into the camera] - Liz Lemon (Tina Fey) on 30 Rock

winter_sky Profile Photo
winter_sky
#42re: [title of show] rush question...
Posted: 8/20/08 at 11:34am

It's not rush, it's lotto.

logan0215 Profile Photo
logan0215
#43re: [title of show] rush question...
Posted: 8/20/08 at 12:19pm

Firstly, what's the difference? Its not a STUDENT Rush so there is no differentiation. And secondly:

"[title of show]
Lottery Rush: $26.50 - 18 tickets for each performance, sold via a lottery system. Entries are accepted beginning 90 minutes prior to performance, and the drawing takes place 1 hour before curtain. Winners must present photo ID. Seats are located in the first two rows of the orchestra. Limit two tickets per winner.

Tickets in the last two rows of the balcony (rows F-G) are regularly priced at $26.50 Sunday through Friday and $36.50 on Saturday."
playbill

I love America. Just because I think gay dudes should be allowed to adopt kids and we should all have hybrid cars doesn't mean I don't love America. [turns and winks directly into the camera] - Liz Lemon (Tina Fey) on 30 Rock

winter_sky Profile Photo
winter_sky
#44re: [title of show] rush question...
Posted: 8/20/08 at 12:28pm

It doesn't matter if it's rush or student rush, it's different from a lotto.

A rush is when you stand in line waiting for the box office opens (or two hours before the show) and depending on the show, it is based on availability. A lotto is when you put your name in like a raffle and it doesn't matter how early you get there, it's random if you get tickets or not.

logan0215 Profile Photo
logan0215
#45re: [title of show] rush question...
Posted: 8/20/08 at 1:01pm

Take it up with playbill.com then.

Anyway, anyone have answers to my original questions?

broadwayfan7 Profile Photo
broadwayfan7
#46re: [title of show] rush question...
Posted: 8/20/08 at 8:45pm

I won the lottery last week on a Saturday for the 3:00pm matinee. There wasn't that many people there. I would say maybe around 15. Also, I've received a couple e-mails for seeing the show for around $40. Or as WBAF posted, $47.50 for orchestra tickets.

"Everytime you step on that stage it is somebody's first Broadway show and somebody's last Broadway show. Make it count."

Videos