pixeltracker

Movies that would be awesome shows...- Page 2

Movies that would be awesome shows...

Lizzya9
#25re: Movies that would be awesome shows...
Posted: 10/19/06 at 5:16pm

SeanMartin, don't you DARE bash Tarzan! When will people get over it!? I think it looks amazing and the recording is simply breathtaking. I made this thread so that we could talk about fun animated movies that we love and that would be cool on stage. Not so you could diss Disney! or any other animated movie company for that matter.

Lizzya9
#26re: Movies that would be awesome shows...
Posted: 10/19/06 at 5:20pm

I, too, think Pocahontas would a really amazing and deeply spiritual stage show, kind of like the Lion King, but I was afraid to list that because people constantly insult the film. I think it's a really good movie!

WalkOn
#27re: Movies that would be awesome shows...
Posted: 10/19/06 at 5:29pm

THE ARISTOCATS

Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart; and you'll never walk alone.

Lizzya9
#28re: Movies that would be awesome shows...
Posted: 10/19/06 at 5:35pm

hehehehe. That would bso cute! But the whole "cat" thing might be hard...LOL

; )

Lizzya9
#29re: Movies that would be awesome shows...
Posted: 10/19/06 at 5:45pm

And I agree Moulin Rouge would be INCREDIBLE! It's one of my all time fave movies and soundtracks. But this thread is about animated movies...whatever.

americanboy99 Profile Photo
americanboy99
#30re: Movies that would be awesome shows...
Posted: 10/19/06 at 5:46pm

I'd love to see DICK TRACY get to Broadway.

husk_charmer
#31re: Movies that would be awesome shows...
Posted: 10/19/06 at 5:49pm

Considering it says nothing in the title about animated movies...and since we seem to be running out of movies that might actually make decent musicals in the right hands...how about "The Breakfast Club" or "Spitfire Grill"...wait they did "Spitfire"...and it sucked worse than the movie...I'm gonna third SorryGreatful on this one

http://www.youtube.com/huskcharmer

Lizzya9
#32re: Movies that would be awesome shows...
Posted: 10/19/06 at 5:58pm

Breakfast Club would be awesome.

dogsihsub Profile Photo
dogsihsub
#33re: Movies that would be awesome shows...
Posted: 10/19/06 at 6:02pm

"A Man Called Peter" clean wholesome story.

ashbash1990 Profile Photo
ashbash1990
#34re: Movies that would be awesome shows...
Posted: 10/19/06 at 7:17pm

I totally beleive in orginal new musicals,but i think that the nightmare before christmas would make an amazing musical...

What a night! I was in more laps than a napkin!

SeanMartin Profile Photo
SeanMartin
#35re: Movies that would be awesome shows...
Posted: 10/19/06 at 7:25pm

>> SeanMartin, don't you DARE bash Tarzan!

Oh please. It's a dreadful show. Learn to live with the disappointment and move on.

http://docandraider.com

Lizzya9
#36re: Movies that would be awesome shows...
Posted: 10/19/06 at 9:15pm

Well that is your personal opinion. If you can't say something positive, you shouldn't comment.

ICEcreamAssassin Profile Photo
ICEcreamAssassin
#37re: Movies that would be awesome shows...
Posted: 10/19/06 at 10:15pm

nightmare before christmas would be out of this world good.. it calls for a full production..

Heybeenfood Profile Photo
Heybeenfood
#38re: Movies that would be awesome shows...
Posted: 10/19/06 at 10:52pm

I would prefer the Aristocrats over the Aristocats

SeanMartin Profile Photo
SeanMartin
#39re: Movies that would be awesome shows...
Posted: 10/19/06 at 10:57pm

>> If you can't say something positive, you shouldn't comment.

That would effetively eliminate 90+% of the people on this board. I repeat -- it's an awful show. Deal with it and move on. The only thing possibly worse they could inflict on us now would be HOME ON THE RANGE: THE MUSICAL!!!

Gah. That's enough to give me nightmares for days.

musicaltheater1 Profile Photo
musicaltheater1
#40re: Movies that would be awesome shows...
Posted: 10/19/06 at 11:04pm

I agree with Mulan, Pocahontas, and Anastasia....with some modifications, of course. I cannot wait for Hunchback of Notre Dame especially how they will stage "Out There." They better cast Tom Hulce for the Huncback.

Disney officially announced a musical production for Finding Nemo in Disney World. I can't imagine this going to Broadway.

"I love acting. It is so much more real than life." Oscar Wilde
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." Aldous Huxley

RainbowHigh2 Profile Photo
RainbowHigh2
#41re: Movies that would be awesome shows...
Posted: 10/19/06 at 11:06pm

"All Dogs Go To Heaven" would be interesting.

ahmelie Profile Photo
ahmelie
#42re: Movies that would be awesome shows...
Posted: 10/19/06 at 11:07pm

SPICE WORLD.

Kidding...

Theatre is a safe place to do the unsafe things that need to be done. -John Patrick Shanley

Josephine2 Profile Photo
Josephine2
#43re: Movies that would be awesome shows...
Posted: 10/19/06 at 11:19pm

IMO, I think a stage version of "Moulin Rouge" (though it sounds interesting) would be quite an endeavor. I'm not sure how it would translate to stage, as I feel much of the magic was captured through camera angles and such. Plus, they would have to re-write much of the music, as I am not sure how they would be able to attain all of those rights. It could be good though...

SeanMartin Profile Photo
SeanMartin
#44re: Movies that would be awesome shows...
Posted: 10/19/06 at 11:24pm

I'm sure a stage version of MOULIN is possible -- heck, if they got the rights to the various songs for the film version, it probably wouldnt take much to get them for the stage. And the show could be effectively done CABARET-style. Not as flashy as the movie, but possible. However, before the fanboys start salivating, I have three words of caution for you:

Thoroughly Modern Millie

Josephine2 Profile Photo
Josephine2
#45re: Movies that would be awesome shows...
Posted: 10/19/06 at 11:42pm

SeanMartin... I agree that a stage version of "Moulin Rouge" is possible, but isn't the flashiness part of it's appeal? I would love to see that tango to "Roxanne" live on stage, though!

SeanMartin Profile Photo
SeanMartin
#46re: Movies that would be awesome shows...
Posted: 10/20/06 at 12:00am

With all the technology at our command, flashiness is the least of the production's potential problems. But the more basic question is: why do it in the first place? The film works beautifully on so many levels, and you'd have to compromise so much of that for the stage -- just for the sake of seeing it onstage. Face it: a lot of the properties listed in this thread would nigh unto impossible to translate properly to the stage (MULAN? Please, get serious... even though it's been mentioned as a possibility for 2008. I'm already shuddering at what they'll do to it.). There are only so many Julie Taymors out there -- instead we get TARZAN (which wasnt that great a film in the first place) and BEAUTY AND THE BEAST, which is only marginally better than TARZAN as a stage piece (and that comes from someone who's designed BATB twice).

iheartamc10
#47re: Movies that would be awesome shows...
Posted: 10/20/06 at 9:20am

NEWSIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Josephine2 Profile Photo
Josephine2
#48re: Movies that would be awesome shows...
Posted: 10/20/06 at 12:15pm

I agree...I've been hoping for "Newsies" to become a stage musical (more specifically, a Broadway musical). I wonder if Disney has considered it.

Lome2 Profile Photo
Lome2
#49re: Movies that would be awesome shows...
Posted: 10/20/06 at 12:31pm

The stage version of Aladdin is not at Disney World but Disneyland (Disney's California Adventure)at the Hyperion Theater. For a 30 minute show I think it's quite good, they added a song for Jasmine (To be Free) and they even have a cast recording!

A fe pics from the show:

http://www.laughingplace.com/Info-Att-A-DCA-ENT-ALADDIN.asp

Videos