pixeltracker

Gale Harold...I love this dude!- Page 2

Gale Harold...I love this dude!

Producer2 Profile Photo
Producer2
#25re: Gale Harold...I love this dude!
Posted: 11/8/06 at 3:53pm

Who cares about his acting- just picture yourself with him in some of those QAF sex scenes and go from there!

Danielm
#26re: Gale Harold...I love this dude!
Posted: 11/8/06 at 5:14pm

"Who cares about his acting- just picture yourself with him in some of those QAF sex scenes and go from there!"

Doesn't work for me. I don't find him that attractive--the weak chin, the constant snear. And he is supposedly and "actor"--bad acting is hard to ignore.

Yes, we do need a third vampire musical.--Little Sally, Gypsy of the Year 2005.

Mother's Younger Brother Profile Photo
Mother's Younger Brother
#27re: Gale Harold...I love this dude!
Posted: 11/8/06 at 5:20pm

There are plenty of hotter bad actors out there. Harold isn't even on my list, no matter how low.

BreeDaniel Profile Photo
BreeDaniel
#28re: Gale Harold...I love this dude!
Posted: 11/8/06 at 5:46pm

Never got him or his "appeal". He is a terrible actor. Sounds like he's reading off a teleprompter. He also has a constant look on his face, like he's smelling rotten eggs.

wickedfiyeroofoz Profile Photo
wickedfiyeroofoz
#29re: Gale Harold...I love this dude!
Posted: 11/8/06 at 9:04pm

Gale is not a terrible actor. As someone who owns every episode of QAF on dvd (yeah thats right i'm the queer of the year lol) I can say that he had some astounding moments on the show. I think the character he portrayed is what is/was so dislikable. Brian's character was by nature flat and emotionless. It was written that way. But when Gale was given scenes that had emotion behind them, he was great. Never saw vanished though :-/

How can they see with sequins in their eyes?

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#30re: Gale Harold...I love this dude!
Posted: 11/8/06 at 9:06pm

i loved him in vanished...sorry he got killed off the show.

Fiction Writer Profile Photo
Fiction Writer
#31re: Gale Harold...I love this dude!
Posted: 11/8/06 at 9:10pm

I really need to get seasons 3 and 4.

WesternSky2 Profile Photo
WesternSky2
#32re: Gale Harold...I love this dude!
Posted: 11/8/06 at 9:33pm

I love Gale... actually thought he was one of the best actors on QaF (I own all the seasons as well, wicked!) I have tickets for Suddenly Last Summer for Nov. 22nd... I'm excited to see him on stage.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#33re: Gale Harold...I love this dude!
Posted: 11/9/06 at 10:58am

"Who cares about his acting- just picture yourself with him in some of those QAF sex scenes and go from there!"

No thank you.

"But when Gale was given scenes that had emotion behind them, he was great."

Which scenes were those?

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

Danielm
#34re: Gale Harold...I love this dude!
Posted: 11/9/06 at 2:31pm

"Brian's character was by nature flat and emotionless. It was written that way."

I thought Brian was supposed to be sexy, honest, witty, forthright, a rebel--I don't think it was written that way it just ended up that way because that's Gale Harold's acting. He was just as flat on Vanished, but maybe that's how that character was written as well. Maybe all his characters are written to be flat and emotionless.

Yes, we do need a third vampire musical.--Little Sally, Gypsy of the Year 2005.

MrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
#35re: Gale Harold...I love this dude!
Posted: 11/9/06 at 3:07pm

Kyle Chandler might've been a good choice for Dr. Cukrowicz if he wasn't busy with Friday Night Lights.

"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter

ducdebrabant
#36re: Gale Harold...I love this dude!
Posted: 12/2/06 at 5:42pm

Brian Kinney was one of the bravest, most honest, most uncompromising characters in the history of television. After unwittingly helping a man who had shielded the murderer of a gay prostitute to get within an inch of being mayor of Pittsburgh, he impoverished himself to run ads (anonymously) to defeat him. He was the most loyal and self-sacrificing of friends and lovers. He never made promises he couldn't keep, always let everybody know where they stood with him. He survived an abusive childhood to become a professional success and the most desirable gay man in town. He had his demons, and he never bothered to be "nice" -- but he kept his demons under control and kept them from being anyone else's problem. And when he told you something, it was true. If you watched the show regularly, you just have to WANT not to see these things. I think a lot of people hated him because he was so real. He reminded them of the men they could never be, or never possess.
Updated On: 12/10/06 at 05:42 PM

bbabe24
#37re: Gale Harold...I love this dude!
Posted: 12/2/06 at 10:12pm

Brian Kinney is a great character, and I feel that Gale plays him well--he's not supposed to show much emotion, but there are nice moments when he does, like in the scene when he is crying about his father, and Michael (Hal Sparks) comforts him. Brian only allows himself to show his emotions and be less aloof around Michael. I think Hal and Gale have great chemistry during those scenes. All of the actors on the show were good;unfortunately, they had to act through some bad writing.

"Crabby old b*tches are the bedrock of this nation." --Mrs. T, Avenue Q

Sylar2 Profile Photo
Sylar2
#38re: Gale Harold...I love this dude!
Posted: 12/2/06 at 10:36pm

What exactly is he doing in that photo?

ducdebrabant
#39re: Gale Harold...I love this dude!
Posted: 12/10/06 at 12:22pm

Playing air guitar.

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#40re: Gale Harold...I love this dude!
Posted: 12/10/06 at 1:47pm

Thank you.

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher

sondheimboy2 Profile Photo
sondheimboy2
#41re: Gale Harold...I love this dude!
Posted: 12/10/06 at 1:58pm

I just longed for one of the other characters to turn to him and say "Mary, just get over yourself..."

And gay life in Pittsburgh is nothing like that. I know. I live here.

"A coherent existance after so many years of muddle" - Desiree' Armfelt, A Little Night Music "Life keeps happening everyday, Say Yes" - 70, Girls, 70 "Life is what you do while you're waiting to die" - Zorba

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#42re: Gale Harold...I love this dude!
Posted: 12/10/06 at 2:06pm

You mean there's not really a Club Babylon?

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher

broadwayguy2
#43re: Gale Harold...I love this dude!
Posted: 12/10/06 at 2:19pm

I'm sure Phanty role plays that scene from the premier episode of QAF often enough.. with himself as Justin of course.

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#44re: Gale Harold...I love this dude!
Posted: 12/10/06 at 2:20pm

In your dreams...

broadwayguy2
#45re: Gale Harold...I love this dude!
Posted: 12/10/06 at 2:23pm

Updated On: 12/10/06 at 02:23 PM

filmgirl325 Profile Photo
filmgirl325
#46re: Gale Harold...I love this dude!
Posted: 12/10/06 at 2:38pm

As for the question about whether he comes out of the stage door, I'm not sure, but when I saw the show on Dec. 2nd, he was in the lobby collecting money for BCEFA. As for his acting, I'm also a big QAF fan, and I always found his acting to be quite good on the show when given good material to work with. As for his performance in Suddenly Last Summer, I wasn't impressed, but I still respect him previous work.

"It's the smile you smile that counts, happy thoughts in large amounts, any problem you can trounce, you can bounce right back."--Donald O'Connor

MrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
#47re: Gale Harold...I love this dude!
Posted: 12/10/06 at 2:41pm

"As for his performance in Suddenly Last Summer, I wasn't impressed, but I still respect him previous work."

What did you think of the other performances in it and the production in general?

"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter

Vespertine1228 Profile Photo
Vespertine1228
#48re: Gale Harold...I love this dude!
Posted: 12/10/06 at 4:40pm

I saw the matinee of Suddenly Last Summer this afternoon, and was very disappointed with Harold's performance. I was familiar with his work as an avid Queer as Folk fan, so I'm curious why he was so wooden and lifeless in this production. I felt the same way about Blythe Danner. Both seemed like they were just trying to get out of Carla Gugino's way.

Perhaps it was the fault of the direction? I don't know. Suddenly Last Summer is by no means a great play, Tennessee Williams or not, and I was only impressed by Gugino and the set design with this production.

That said, I hope Gale finds work in the future. With his natural hair color.

Videos