Characters that DON'T

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#25re: Character that DON'T
Posted: 11/23/06 at 12:54pm

I can't ever understand your original post because the grammer is so bad.

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

StageManager2 Profile Photo
StageManager2
#27re: Character that DON'T
Posted: 11/23/06 at 9:53pm

Yes, he accidentally knocks Eliza over while hailing a cab, sending her basket of violets flying into the mud.

Salve, Regina, Mater misericordiae
Vita, dulcedo, et spes nostra
Salve, Salve Regina
Ad te clamamus exsules filii Eva
Ad te suspiramus, gementes et flentes
O clemens O pia

MrSweetNAwful Profile Photo
MrSweetNAwful
#28re: Character that DON'T
Posted: 11/23/06 at 9:55pm

The Old Lady in Candide

You're reminding me of people you hear at the movies asking questions every ten seconds, "Who is that? Why is that guy walking down the street? Who's that lady coming up to him? Uh-oh, why did that car go by? Why is it so dark in this theater?" - FindingNamo on strummergirl

"If artists were machines, then I'm just a different kind of machine...I'd probably be a toaster. Actually, I'd be a toaster oven because they're more versatile. And I like making grilled cheese" -Regina Spektor

"That's, like, twelve shows! ...Or seven." -Crazy SA Fangirl

"They say that just being relaxed is the most important thing [in acting]. I take that to another level, I think kinda like yawning and...like being partially asleep onstage is also good, but whatever." - Sherie Rene Scott

All_For_Laura Profile Photo
All_For_Laura
#29re: Character that DON'T
Posted: 11/23/06 at 9:58pm

Count Fosco in The Woman in White comes in pretty late in Act 1

...What happened next, was stranger still, a woman breathless and afraid, appeared out of the night, completely dressed in white. She had a secret she would tell, of one who had mistreated her. Her face and frightened gaze, my mind cannot erase...But then she ran from view. She looked so much like you...

TWSFan4Ever Profile Photo
TWSFan4Ever
#30re: Character that DON'T
Posted: 11/23/06 at 10:02pm

Clayton in "Tarzan". He doesn't enter until the beginning of Act Two, correct?

Perfectly Marvelous Profile Photo
Perfectly Marvelous
#31re: Character that DON'T
Posted: 11/24/06 at 12:25am

"Yes, he accidentally knocks Eliza over while hailing a cab, sending her basket of violets flying into the mud."

To which she replies, "Watch where you're goin, dear, watch where you're goin! Two bunches of violets trud in the mud. Full day's wages!"

(I'm pretty sure that's the line...I haven't seen the play, musical or movie in ages).

And for Diva, something grammar related:re: Character that DON'T

"I am and always will be the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes and dreamer of improbable dreams." - Doctor Who

"Yes, the brutalities of progress are called revolutions. When they are over, men recognize that the human race has been harshly treated but it has moved forward." - Les Miserables

nobodyhome Profile Photo
nobodyhome
#32re: Character that DON'T
Posted: 11/24/06 at 1:16am

"I can't ever understand your original post because the grammer is so bad."

The original post was perfectly clear. Maybe the point of the response quoted above was to provide an example of bad grammar and spelling. If so, it was successful. I can't tell if that was the intention.

But although the original post was in a kind of shorthand and I don't love the use of that instead of who, it was clear.
Updated On: 11/24/06 at 01:16 AM

sondheimboy2 Profile Photo
sondheimboy2
#33re: Character that DON'T
Posted: 11/24/06 at 7:02pm

After appearing in the opening number of "Triumph of Love", Hermocrates doesn't re-appear until several songs later.

"A coherent existance after so many years of muddle" - Desiree' Armfelt, A Little Night Music "Life keeps happening everyday, Say Yes" - 70, Girls, 70 "Life is what you do while you're waiting to die" - Zorba

Dover
#34re: Character that DON'T
Posted: 11/25/06 at 8:58pm

Off the top of my head, Muzzie in Millie. I'm trying to think of shows I've done where there was an actor who'd just laugh at me when places was called. With Muzzy I used to say, "places -- and this is your 1-hour-and-five-minute-warning."

I can think of a number of shows where principals don't enter for the first 45 minutes or so, but that's the only one I can think of right now that's really close to the end of Act I.

Videos