Becoz_i_knew_you21
#25re: Audra on PBS
Posted: 1/1/07 at 12:15am

^Oh,Yeah!

singingshowgirl Profile Photo
singingshowgirl
#26re: Audra on PBS
Posted: 1/1/07 at 1:02am

she was absolutely amazing....all i want to do is get back to college and become amazing. no more vacation!!!! lol

i must admit, though, she played waaay too much with her hair during the concert...at least she did it gracefully

but yeah, can i be her haha?

Raviolisun Profile Photo
Raviolisun
#27re: Audra on PBS
Posted: 1/1/07 at 1:20am

For those who missed it, on the west coast it reairs at 1AM.

Yeeeeess!

Edit: I checked the listings, and it's not airing. :[

One time, Patti LuPone punched me in the face...

It was awesome.
- theaterkid1015
Updated On: 1/1/07 at 01:20 AM

soapguy17 Profile Photo
soapguy17
#28re: Audra on PBS
Posted: 1/1/07 at 1:26am

When your hair is straightened you just HAVE to play with it.

I have NEVER met Cheyenne Jackson. I have never hung out with him in his dressing room, he did not tweet me, he never bought me a beverage, and he mostly certainly didn't tickle me. . .that is all.

StephenSondheimWHOO Profile Photo
StephenSondheimWHOO
#29re: Audra on PBS
Posted: 1/1/07 at 1:49am

SH** I missed it.

Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#30re: Audra on PBS
Posted: 1/1/07 at 2:04am

"Edit: I checked the listings, and it's not airing. :["

Same thing here raviolisun.

Elphaba Profile Photo
Elphaba
#31re: Audra on PBS
Posted: 1/1/07 at 11:00am

"somethingwicked, I'm 17. Too me, that's old"

for a cat, perhaps.......

It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956

soapguy17 Profile Photo
soapguy17
#32re: Audra on PBS
Posted: 1/1/07 at 6:58pm

That's nearly four decades. NINE presidential terms. Nearly 20 years my senior. Old Enough to remember life before cable television. I did admit that I realize how insane I sound didn't I.

I have NEVER met Cheyenne Jackson. I have never hung out with him in his dressing room, he did not tweet me, he never bought me a beverage, and he mostly certainly didn't tickle me. . .that is all.

iliketheater Profile Photo
iliketheater
#33re: Audra on PBS
Posted: 1/1/07 at 7:29pm

36 can seem old as a number. But if you do a lot of research on her (something like 5 Tony nominations, 4 wins, countless conerts in America, England and France, about 4 or 5 album solo albums, being a mother, a wife and Juilliard Graduate.... puls some other stuff), 36 is pretty young.

I'm very upset that I missed this concert!!! PLEASE PBS ... AIR IT AGAIN FOR ME!!!

(sidenote: she's gorgeous with the staright hair, but I love & miss the curls!)

Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#34re: Audra on PBS
Posted: 1/1/07 at 7:40pm

I only caught and DVRed the last hour but she was absolutely magnificent.

DiamondGirl
#35re: Audra on PBS
Posted: 1/1/07 at 10:35pm

I loved the attention she gave to each song. You could really tell she just loves those movies and composers and performers and was really paying tribute to something she was passionate about. It really drew me in, even when I wasn't familiar with the song.

noahrp3
#36re: Audra on PBS
Posted: 1/1/07 at 11:20pm

How can I get a copy of the concert? I really want to see it.

#37re: Audra on PBS
Posted: 1/2/07 at 1:09am

For those around Seattle the PBS there is re-airing it at 1:30am this Friday--so I'd say check your local PBS website and sdo a search for Audra McDonald

PB ENT. Profile Photo
PB ENT.
#38re: Audra on PBS
Posted: 1/2/07 at 11:31am

I recorded and watched it last night. What a class act! Audra is among a handful polished performers who has her own onstage agenda and it fits her persona like a glove.

A few people argue that Audra "holds back" or seems a bit "aloof"; but I disagree. It's one thing to own a belt and choose when to use it and another thing to fling it around at every corner.

She clearly chooses her style according to the setting and the audience. Her light banter and song details were perfectly suited for a special evening.

When I saw her live last summer at Lenape RPAC in South Jersey, she was warm, sassy and very funny without being boring. Just a class act!

Lenape Review

www.pbentertainmentinc.com BWW regional writer "Philadelphia/South Jersey"
Updated On: 1/2/07 at 11:31 AM

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#39re: Audra on PBS
Posted: 1/2/07 at 12:12pm

PBS was my friend on Dec. 31st. They had a great documentary on Frank Loesser, followed by the best of Broadway Pops (with a faboo clip of Bernadette singing "Broadway Baby" in gold dress), and then the Audra concert. YAY PBS!!! Support your local PBS!

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

Videos