pixeltracker

HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL ANALYSIS- Page 2

HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL ANALYSIS

GreenGirl22406 Profile Photo
GreenGirl22406
#25re: HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL ANALYSIS
Posted: 1/25/07 at 4:12pm

Actually, I must admit that I'm a very bad little theater fan and actually like this movie (espically Lucas Grabeel who plays Ryan... amazing butt), but no matter how much I love the movie, I think I may love this board more. It's quite amusing re: HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL ANALYSIS And I do agree, it's silly and it's for kids, but it's quite well-done (though very Disney...)

"In the rain, the pavement shines like silver
All the lights are misty in the river
In the darkness, the trees are full of starlight
And all I see is him and me forever and forever."

Night Life Love
#26re: HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL ANALYSIS
Posted: 1/25/07 at 4:34pm

Okay, I am sorry if i bothered anyone. me=fed up when i posted it. But honestly, a lot of you need to calm down about posts like these. I DO understand that its for pre-teens, but even so it doesn't make it less annoying if I just had to do a production of it. I love rehearsing, but singing lyrics "we're all in this together" and "we're breaking free"..(two songs that TOTALLY contradict eachother) every day all day, can start to drive a person insane.

The one that loves the most...is at the mercy of the one that loves the least.

IAMmyownMUSICAL Profile Photo
IAMmyownMUSICAL
#27re: HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL ANALYSIS
Posted: 1/25/07 at 4:38pm

Well the songs are set in two totally different situations for one.

And you CHOSE to do the show. No one forced you. So shutup, get over it, stop ranting, and next time have a more valid point.

Now all I see are cute boys with short haircuts in a maze of their own...

Night Life Love
#28re: HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL ANALYSIS
Posted: 1/25/07 at 7:27pm

if I would have known it would have gotten this annoying, I wouldn't have.

The one that loves the most...is at the mercy of the one that loves the least.

Copeman63 Profile Photo
Copeman63
#29re: HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL ANALYSIS
Posted: 1/25/07 at 7:41pm

Snaps to IAMmyownMUSICAL!

If Lincoln were alive today, do you think he'd be pleased with his tunnel?

tmm_fan
#30re: HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL ANALYSIS
Posted: 1/25/07 at 11:43pm

Very Disney ... you mean the Disney of the last dozen years or so. Sadly, HSM is what this company has come to nowadays.

I do not consider HSM to be Disney, or the original Disney Channel as a whole for that matter.

SAVE THE PALO ALTO BOWL!

http://www.facebook.com/fireballchase

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make" -- The Beatles

"Be the change you want to see in the world" -- Mahatma Gandhi

"Celebrate Earth Day, every day" -- John Denver

"Don't let them mold your mind, they want to control mankind, seems like their only intention is to exploit the earth; and you trust in their deceit, your mind causes your defeat, and so you become an invention to distort this earth; propoganda and lies, is a plague in our lives, how much more victimized, before we realize (hey) ... they'll make it attractive, to get man destracted, corrupting your (soul), polluting your (soul), destroying (your soul, mind control) ... ooh grand master, let the people go, you put them in total confusion, to downs-troy their soul; for they practise what you preach, so they're always in your reach, hi-tech slavery in these days, its mind control" -- Stephen Marley
Updated On: 1/25/07 at 11:43 PM

IAMmyownMUSICAL Profile Photo
IAMmyownMUSICAL
#31re: HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL ANALYSIS
Posted: 1/26/07 at 12:10am

Thanks Copeman63

Now all I see are cute boys with short haircuts in a maze of their own...

Craww
#32re: HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL ANALYSIS
Posted: 1/26/07 at 2:13am

Congratulations on making a post about High School Musical that's even more wrongheaded and inane than High School Musical itself. You deserve a creme brulée for your accomplishment.

SeanMartin Profile Photo
SeanMartin
#33re: HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL ANALYSIS
Posted: 1/26/07 at 6:19am

Wow. Someone has the temerity to post an unpopular opinion, and suddenly we see the need for flame proof suits.

Thanks, all, for proving that the *lessons* in HSM, as absurdly obvious as they may have been in the film, were completely and utterly lost on you all.

http://docandraider.com

callitquits
#34re: HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL ANALYSIS
Posted: 1/27/07 at 4:04pm

Sorry "Night Life Love". Hilarious analysis; however, you probably shouldn't lie about Stagedoor credits when people from camp check the site -- I was in Les Mis and am actually friends with the girl who played Eponine in our production, and judging from her response when I talked to her about this post, you are not her.

I guess you're not as comfortable with the roles you've had as you say you are.

Prettylittlepicture2 Profile Photo
Prettylittlepicture2
#35re: HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL ANALYSIS
Posted: 1/27/07 at 4:17pm

Hi, Night Life Love. We need to talk.

Stagedoor Manor is awesome, isn't it? I adore the camp. It was my first year there this year, and I was absolutely BLESSED enough to be cast in Les Mis, which was an amazing show with an amazing cast. Also, I was lucky enough to be cast as Eponine.

I don't exactly know why you claimed you played Eponine, but that doesn't really matter to me at all. It's a little odd, but hey - no hard feelings, no explanation is needed. But by stating you were the Eponine from Stagedoor this year 3rd session, Stagedoor kids who read this will think these are MY opinions stated, although they aren't. These are your opinions, so why not let everyone know who YOU really are, right? :)

However, what has kind of ticked me off about this post is what you said about the cast members in High School Musical at stagedoor. You said, "Naturally, kids who were cast in that show grew heads the size of whales and for a while people forgot what musicals were supposed to sound like." And yes, I suppose there was some ego invovled, but I was and still am good friends with MANY of the kids in the High School Musical cast. You make it seem like all the kids cast immediately became jerks who found themselves too good for camp, which wasn't true.

However, despite all this, I agree with most of what you say about the movie/show itself. I dislike it, and I don't actually think it should be considered "theater." It's nothing more than a Disney flick, really. It's all in good, campy fun... but it shouldn't be taken as anything more than just that.

Alright, I'm done. Thanks for your time... and don't go around claiming you're me again! re: HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL ANALYSIS

Dibbledl01
#36re: HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL ANALYSIS
Posted: 1/27/07 at 4:23pm

oh dear......with that said I think this thread is over??? hmmm????
Updated On: 1/27/07 at 04:23 PM

Copeman63 Profile Photo
Copeman63
#37re: HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL ANALYSIS
Posted: 1/27/07 at 4:28pm

Wow... That seriouslly just made my day.

soapguy17 Profile Photo
soapguy17
#38re: HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL ANALYSIS
Posted: 1/27/07 at 4:28pm

Night Life Love, do you need some lotion for that burn?

I have NEVER met Cheyenne Jackson. I have never hung out with him in his dressing room, he did not tweet me, he never bought me a beverage, and he mostly certainly didn't tickle me. . .that is all.

Mythus
#39re: HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL ANALYSIS
Posted: 1/27/07 at 5:17pm

Ouch.

Let's revel in the burning sensation.

soapguy17 Profile Photo
soapguy17
#40re: HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL ANALYSIS
Posted: 1/27/07 at 5:26pm

Wow, I just realized how totally mean and bitchy I sounded.

I have NEVER met Cheyenne Jackson. I have never hung out with him in his dressing room, he did not tweet me, he never bought me a beverage, and he mostly certainly didn't tickle me. . .that is all.

JustinRZB Profile Photo
JustinRZB
#41re: HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL ANALYSIS
Posted: 1/27/07 at 6:44pm

Seven words for you:

Getcha getcha getcha head in da game

That is all.

Cages or wings - which do you prefer?

TWSFan4Ever Profile Photo
TWSFan4Ever
#42re: HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL ANALYSIS
Posted: 1/27/07 at 6:51pm

Yup, this thread has made my day...

Broadway Baby4 Profile Photo
Broadway Baby4
#43re: HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL ANALYSIS
Posted: 1/27/07 at 7:09pm

^mine too.

tmm_fan
#44re: HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL ANALYSIS
Posted: 1/27/07 at 8:31pm

Well, HSM is not a real Disney flick anywayz.

SAVE THE PALO ALTO BOWL!

http://www.facebook.com/fireballchase

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make" -- The Beatles

"Be the change you want to see in the world" -- Mahatma Gandhi

"Celebrate Earth Day, every day" -- John Denver

"Don't let them mold your mind, they want to control mankind, seems like their only intention is to exploit the earth; and you trust in their deceit, your mind causes your defeat, and so you become an invention to distort this earth; propoganda and lies, is a plague in our lives, how much more victimized, before we realize (hey) ... they'll make it attractive, to get man destracted, corrupting your (soul), polluting your (soul), destroying (your soul, mind control) ... ooh grand master, let the people go, you put them in total confusion, to downs-troy their soul; for they practise what you preach, so they're always in your reach, hi-tech slavery in these days, its mind control" -- Stephen Marley

Copeman63 Profile Photo
Copeman63
#45re: HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL ANALYSIS
Posted: 1/28/07 at 1:44pm

I was really hoping Night Life Love would have a response... Maybe she's busy photoshoping herself into the Les Miz pics.

Dibbledl01
#46re: HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL ANALYSIS
Posted: 1/28/07 at 4:07pm

nice

TWSFan4Ever Profile Photo
TWSFan4Ever
#47re: HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL ANALYSIS
Posted: 1/28/07 at 4:36pm

That was a good one, copeman re: HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL ANALYSIS

Monty Cole
#48re: HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL ANALYSIS
Posted: 1/28/07 at 5:07pm

Wow, congratulations group, you've broken a 16 year old's heart. Applause applause. What a bunch of divas. Burn? Lotion? What is this, an elementary school playground? The girl was obviously backing down and trying not to offend anyone and you persisted. Everyone feels the burden of dealing with the same show over and over again. Everyone has their opinion of a show: some love Cats some hate it. She was just trying to voice her opinion and was shot down. And come on, we all have to admit that "High School Musical" isn't some work of art. It's no Les Mis. I like High School Musical I think it's really corny and really fun to make fun of, but that it's also a really fun movie to watch and the songs get stuck in your head. I want to be able to play a part in it at the local production this summer, but by the end of this message board it is obvious that you guys who shot her down were less mature than her.

P.S. I still can't believe you guys said, "burn"...

withoutlovewithoutU Profile Photo
withoutlovewithoutU
#49re: HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL ANALYSIS
Posted: 1/28/07 at 5:50pm

Greengirl - I agree, very cute butt re: HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL ANALYSIS

Man this board has more Drama then a high school cafeteria! Oi, I am so... yeah.
People can be a bit harsh.

"If we don't live happily ever after at least we survive until the end of the week!" -Kermit the frog "I need the money... it costs a lot to look this cheap!" -Dolly P. "Oh please, Over at 'Gypsy' Patti LuPone hasn't even alienated her first daughter yet!" Mary Testa in "Xanadu" "...Like a drunk Chita Rivera!" Robin de Jesus in "In the Heights"

"B*tch, I don't know your life." -Xanadu After that if he still doesn't understand why you were uncomfortable and are now infuriated, kick him again but this time with Jazz Hands!!! -KillerTofu

Videos