pixeltracker

whats your favorite Disney musical?- Page 2

whats your favorite Disney musical?

Kringas
#25re: whats your favorite Disney musical?
Posted: 4/7/07 at 8:05pm

Cruella DeVille was a tremendous Carlotta.

"How do you like THAT 'misanthropic panache,' Mr. Goldstone?" - PalJoey

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#26re: whats your favorite Disney musical?
Posted: 4/7/07 at 8:17pm

"...I'm still here!!!!"

re: whats your favorite Disney musical?

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#27re: whats your favorite Disney musical?
Posted: 4/7/07 at 9:57pm

I enjoyed Mary Poppins in London, but somehow here I disliked it. Either it got dumbed down or I was just going a little crazy when I saw it across the pond. I think it got dumbed down.
So to answer your question, I have no favorite.

1peter4:10
#28re: whats your favorite Disney musical?
Posted: 4/7/07 at 10:15pm

I know they did a German "Hunchback..." and from what i here it's amazing! Does anybody know if there are plans to bring it to the US? I would love to see that movie adapted for stage. Or does ayone know of anywhere I can get the soundtrack for less than $100? That's its price on amazon- yikes!

Julian2
#29re: whats your favorite Disney musical?
Posted: 4/7/07 at 11:54pm

1peter4:10, I would be happy to assist you in your quest.

*Look Down*Look Down*Don't look this in the eye*

Or start accepting PMs

I have several names, one is Julian2. I am also The Opps Girl. But cross me, and I become Bitch Dooku!

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#30re: whats your favorite Disney musical?
Posted: 4/8/07 at 12:39am

I only saw two: Lion King and Beauty and the Beast. I will see Mary Poppins in May and plan on seeing Little Mermaid at the end of the year.

So far, Beauty and the Beast has been my favorite.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

ComaBaby01 Profile Photo
ComaBaby01
#31re: whats your favorite Disney musical?
Posted: 4/8/07 at 12:45am

Finding Nemo: The Musical re: whats your favorite Disney musical?

And, honestly, I should just say basically everything Disney's ever created is gold in my eyes.. with few exceptions (one being High School Musical.... bleh)

"Love all; Trust a few; Do wrong to none." --William Shakespeare

SeanMartin Profile Photo
SeanMartin
#32re: whats your favorite Disney musical?
Posted: 4/8/07 at 8:00am

C, we must have seen a different production. At mine, the lead quartet of Mickey, Minnie, Donald, and Daisy... well, what can I say. Daisy's rendition of "Leave You" had me in tears, and Mickey danced up a storm in "The Right Girl". Donald's dissolution into madness in "Live, Laugh, Love" was spot on. But the true high point of the evening was when the ostriches from Fantasia did the Mirror Number! My lord above, that was amazing.

http://docandraider.com

Mattbrain
#33re: whats your favorite Disney musical?
Posted: 4/8/07 at 8:09am

Aida.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#34re: whats your favorite Disney musical?
Posted: 4/8/07 at 8:13am

Sean, that's the one I saw too. It had the dancing mops from Sorcerer's Apprentice as the chorus girls. Inspired!

....but the world goes 'round

flutesinger2626 Profile Photo
flutesinger2626
#35re: whats your favorite Disney musical?
Posted: 4/8/07 at 1:14pm

I agree with who ever said Mulan, but for Disney Musicals that have been on broadway I have to say Aida.

Q:What advice do you have for aspiring Broadway stars who are terminally shy? I love your work, because you seem so bold. How do you do it? A:"I think I take more chances on stage then I do in real life but you can't learn anything if you don't challenge yourself. And don't say "terminally". If you love to perform then you have no choice, just keep training and focus on the words or the music whenever you find yourself slipping back inside yourself. You're not doing anyone any favors if you withhold your talents from the world"- Idina Menzel

ashleybrownfan
#36re: whats your favorite Disney musical?
Posted: 4/8/07 at 1:41pm

I like beauty and the beast, CInderella, Littlemermaid, Aladdin, they need to make cinderella, Aladdin, Sleeping beauty, Mulan,Peter Pan.

Kelly2 Profile Photo
Kelly2
#37re: whats your favorite Disney musical?
Posted: 4/8/07 at 1:49pm

Mary Poppins, hands down.

"Get mad, then get over it." - Colin Powell

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#38re: whats your favorite Disney musical?
Posted: 4/8/07 at 1:59pm

brody fosse-

ESCAPE FROM WITCH MOUNTAIN (starring Hunter Foster and Jennier Cody)

are you serious???

"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"I haven't left this building since Windows 3.1!"

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"

Sykes24 Profile Photo
Sykes24
#39re: whats your favorite Disney musical?
Posted: 4/8/07 at 2:27pm

Beauty and the Beast!!!

Sykes24 Profile Photo
Sykes24
#40re: whats your favorite Disney musical?
Posted: 4/8/07 at 2:27pm

Beauty and the Beast!!!

misschung
#41re: whats your favorite Disney musical?
Posted: 4/8/07 at 6:32pm

Whenever I think about possible choices for new Disney musicals, I think about Oliver and Company. does everyone remember that movie? I loved that when I was a kid, it had such a great Billy Joel soundtrack!

The morning star always gets wonderful bright the minute before it has to go --doesn't it?

Lizzya9
#42re: whats your favorite Disney musical?
Posted: 4/8/07 at 8:36pm

i absolutely love that score! but I'm not sure if they could do the dogs & cats...LOL = )

MusicIsTrueBeauty Profile Photo
MusicIsTrueBeauty
#43re: whats your favorite Disney musical?
Posted: 4/9/07 at 4:02pm

Beauty and the beastand Adia

BigFatBlonde Profile Photo
BigFatBlonde
#44re: whats your favorite Disney musical?
Posted: 4/9/07 at 4:10pm

Hunchback! The musical!

Any animated children's flick with a middle aged priest singing about the lust in his loins for a gypsy hooker is ok by me.

What great ones do the less will prattle of

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#45re: whats your favorite Disney musical?
Posted: 4/9/07 at 4:14pm

I've only seen TLK on tour, but I liked it.

I'd be very biased against them turning Hunchback into a musical now after all these years because there was a fantastic version of the story the Tennessee Repertory Theatre did that the guy (from Styx) was trying to get money for to put on Broadway but because Disney was "murmuring" about making theirs into a musical no one would. That's just being a bully. (And my sister works for Disney, so...)

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

Videos