pixeltracker

Faith Prince back on Broadway soon- Page 2

Faith Prince back on Broadway soon

LostLeander
#25re: Faith Prince back on Broadway soon
Posted: 4/28/07 at 12:48pm

Megan Hilty has 9 to 5.

Personally, I think I have too much bloom.

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#26re: Faith Prince back on Broadway soon
Posted: 4/28/07 at 12:50pm

"I actually dislike the idea of Peters as Brenda, especially when she would be perfect as Elise--the aging actress who gets cast as Monique's mother, not an ex pop-idol."

That's the way the character was in the film. In that format yes, Peters would have been perfect, but they're changing Elise to a former singing sensation for the stage adaptation. Peters voice would never be believable as that of a mainstream pop star.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#27re: Faith Prince back on Broadway soon
Posted: 4/28/07 at 1:38pm

Megan Hilty has 9 to 5.

There are three leading female roles in 9 to 5. Unless Hilty is playing all three, it could be totally plausible that Prince would be a part of this. Personally, I could see her as a possible replacement for Debra Monk, provided that Curtains runs long enough to have replacements. Frankly, I'm a bit surprised that no one had mentioned that yet.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body
Updated On: 4/28/07 at 01:38 PM

somethingwicked
#28re: Faith Prince back on Broadway soon
Posted: 4/28/07 at 2:17pm

Hilty, Alice Ripley, and Tracy Ullman played the three leads at the first workshop for "Nine to Five." Whether they'll continue on with it remains to be seen.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.

pants2 Profile Photo
pants2
#29re: Faith Prince back on Broadway soon
Posted: 4/28/07 at 2:30pm

yeah i would say 9-5 or yf, except she wouldn't play frau blucher because they already cast that part.

Can, can I have it?

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#30re: Faith Prince back on Broadway soon
Posted: 4/28/07 at 4:22pm

Somethingwicked, what I meant was that Peters would have been great playing Elise the way it was portrayed in the film. I'm just lamenting the fact that we won't get to see her doing that kind of role in the musical. Obviously, now that changes have been made (which I think is great, I don't like musical adaptations that are carbon copies of the movie), Peters would indeed be more appropriate for Brenda even if I'm not a fan of the idea (this is all based on the way she is portrayed in the film since I haven't read the book).

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

somethingwicked
#31re: Faith Prince back on Broadway soon
Posted: 4/28/07 at 4:43pm

I agree Ray. I too saw her as more of an Elise, but the changes mean Brenda is really the only role of the three she's suited for.

peterjoshua Profile Photo
peterjoshua
#32re: Faith Prince back on Broadway soon - Answer Revealed!
Posted: 4/28/07 at 6:23pm

Well, last night Faith decided to let the cat out of the bag. The show bringing her back to Broadway is A CATERED AFFAIR, the new show written by Harvey Fierstein!

Ms. Prince's show could not have been better, and she couldn't have been more gracious during her stay here, so here's wishing her much success with her upcoming shows!!

D2 Profile Photo
D2
#33re: Faith Prince back on Broadway soon - Answer Revealed!
Posted: 4/28/07 at 6:26pm

Thanks, PeterJ. Now that casting makes a lot of sense!

Cheyenne Jackson tickled me. AFTER ordering SoMMS a drink but NOT tickling him, and hanging out with Girly in his dressing room (where he DIDN'T tickle her) but BEFORE we got married. To others. And then he tweeted Boobs. He also tweeted he's good friends with some chick on "The Voice" who just happens to be good friends with Tink's ex. And I'm still married. Oh, and this just in: "Pettiness, spite, malice ....Such ugly emotions... So sad." - After Eight, talking about MEEEEEEEE!!! I'm so honored! :-)

MungoGypsy8232
#34re: Faith Prince back on Broadway soon - Answer Revealed!
Posted: 4/28/07 at 8:36pm

Harvery Fierstein and Faith Prince in the same show spells success!

Yankeefan007
#35re: Faith Prince back on Broadway soon - Answer Revealed!
Posted: 4/28/07 at 10:39pm

I had a feeling it was that.

Regarding 9-to-5, I believe Hilty did the reading and only the reading. There's a casting notice around for the 2nd reading, this coming summer.

moljul Profile Photo
moljul
#36re: Faith Prince back on Broadway soon - Answer Revealed!
Posted: 4/30/07 at 4:27pm

SomethingWicked,

I somewhat disagree with your statement that Peters does not have the appropriate voice to be believed as a former mainstream pop star. Bernadette actually did have a career as a teenage recording artist and cut several records. While she didn't have a great deal of success in that area of the music business, she did find some success - one of her songs hit number one on a regional chart. If you have ever had a chance to hear any of her recordings from these years, you'll definitely hear that whomever was managing her at the time was really trying to turn her into the next Leslie Gore. Her redition of "Let's Start the Party Again" particularly shows this and is really an excellent display of her talents. Though she sounds well beyond the 16 or 17 years she is at the time of the recording. So assuming the Elise character is a former pop sensation from the 60s, Bernadette's voice could definitely work. They could maybe even some how work in using her actual records from her teenage years.

somethingwicked
#37re: Faith Prince back on Broadway soon - Answer Revealed!
Posted: 4/30/07 at 4:40pm

moljul, I was told that the creative team chose to change the character of Elise to a former pop star in hopes of widening the potential casting appeal for the role (they're actually warming up to the idea of casting someone who is more of a singer than an actress in hopes of getting a recognizably mainstream performer.)

Elise's material is being written specifically for a pop voice, and I don't think Bernadette would be ideal for something they seem to be adapting to a certain type of persona she doesn't exactly fit.

Brenda remains the role I consistently hear tagged onto her name (though I still don't quite see it.)

moljul Profile Photo
moljul
#38re: Faith Prince back on Broadway soon - Answer Revealed!
Posted: 4/30/07 at 4:41pm

Thanks for the clarification.

goldenboy Profile Photo
goldenboy
#39re: Faith Prince back on Broadway soon - Answer Revealed!
Posted: 4/30/07 at 8:12pm

I hear she's taking over for Laura Belle Bundy in Legally Blonde.

Videos