pixeltracker

Hairspray may need better marketing- Page 2

Hairspray may need better marketing

C is for Company
#25re: Hairspray may need better marketing
Posted: 4/28/07 at 6:08pm

I don't really follow the opinions or buzz on the film so far, but I LOVED the trailer I saw on tv the other day. I think this one really is going to hit the mark.

FindingNamo
#26re: Hairspray may need better marketing
Posted: 4/28/07 at 6:49pm

What's in this for the "Snakes on a Plane" crowd?

The what now? The cosmic punchline turned out to be that there was no "Snakes on a Plane" crowd.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#27re: Hairspray may need better marketing
Posted: 4/28/07 at 6:57pm

Have you even watched the trailer? There's singing and dancing in classrooms, the street, all over the shop, not JUST the TV studio. I'm pretty sure most people would be able to tell "aha, musical" from it. :P

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#28re: Hairspray may need better marketing
Posted: 4/28/07 at 7:42pm

Really? Mmm, must be watching the wrong trailer then. Who besides Efron and Latifah sing in it and outside a "performance" context? Because I can sure never see another character singing that is not on a stage or a TV set. Yes, I see a lot of dancing, like there was a lot of dancing in the original non-musical film.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

whiskedaway Profile Photo
whiskedaway
#29re: Hairspray may need better marketing
Posted: 4/28/07 at 8:20pm

"Well, the story in Hairspray is outdated and sort of lame, so all they are left with is advertising the cast."

Yes, it's out of date now that racism doesn't exist anymore.

siny
#30re: Hairspray may need better marketing
Posted: 4/28/07 at 8:26pm

Yeah, because segregated dance shows is a big problem today.

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#31re: Hairspray may need better marketing
Posted: 4/28/07 at 8:35pm

Substitue 'dance show' for any show on tv today.

It's still a topical subject.

"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"I haven't left this building since Windows 3.1!"

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"

Broadwaywest2 Profile Photo
Broadwaywest2
#32re: Hairspray may need better marketing
Posted: 4/29/07 at 1:57pm

Well to add my two cents, I think the film may be the sleeper hit of the summer. At least I am hoping. It does have a lot of stiff competition. I actually just watched that special on E! this morning, every film except for maybe like 3 or something was a sequel. People may be getting sick of sequels.

What I love about the marketing of Hairspray is that they are releasing it in the summer which I think is brilliant. For the past couple years of the new musical revolution in hollywood. A majority of musicals have been released during the oscar contender season. Thinking that just because and actor can sing and dance they should be an oscar contender. As a musical Hairspray has summer movie written all over it.

Remember Moulin Rouge was released during the summer and that from what I recall did pretty well.

I also like the trailer. I love the fact that it does not resemble the stage show nor the older film. It is definitly it's own piece and I think that is fantastic.

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#33re: Hairspray may need better marketing
Posted: 4/30/07 at 2:21pm

Hairspray was just nominated for an MTV Movie Award in their category 'Best Summer Movie You Haven’t Seen Yet' along side Harry Potter 5, Evan Almighty, Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer, Transformers, and Rush Hour 3.

So it's definitely out there in the public radar.

If you want to vote for Hairspray or whichever you wish, go here: http://www.mtv.com/ontv/movieawards/ma07/vote.jhtml?categoryId=best_summer

"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"I haven't left this building since Windows 3.1!"

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"

BwayMania Profile Photo
BwayMania
#34re: Hairspray may need better marketing
Posted: 4/30/07 at 3:02pm

According to IMDB.com, Harry Potter comes out the 13th while Hairspray comes out the 20th. This might now be a bad thing. While Harry will still probably be tops at the box office by its second week, a lot of the real die-hards will probably have seen it already in the first week it came out. Therefore, I think Hairspray should have a good shot at opening in the top 5 for a weekend or two.

Videos