pixeltracker

HAIRSPRAY Movie Full Song and Music Clip!- Page 2

HAIRSPRAY Movie Full Song and Music Clip!

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#25re: HAIRSPRAY Movie Full Song and Music Clip!
Posted: 6/16/07 at 12:19am

John's is a lil hard for me to... respond to. I like it but not as much as ev'ryone else. Amanda gives it a new fresher look on Penny. Not that Kerry did a good job.

Ghosthost999
#26re: HAIRSPRAY Movie Full Song and Music Clip!
Posted: 6/16/07 at 1:48am

I just got back from a prescreening of the movie tonight, and the whole cast really blew me away. Even Efron who I was most skeptical about. I cant wait to hear them again when the soundtrack is released

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#27re: HAIRSPRAY Movie Full Song and Music Clip!
Posted: 6/16/07 at 1:58am

glad you liked it!

WhiskedAway said he was seeing it too. I hope he liked it as well.

"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"I haven't left this building since Windows 3.1!"

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"
Updated On: 6/16/07 at 01:58 AM

Ghosthost999
#28re: HAIRSPRAY Movie Full Song and Music Clip!
Posted: 6/16/07 at 2:03am

I loved how crazy my audience was. Big applause after Good Morning Baltimore, Run and Tell That, Timeless to Me, I Know Where I've Been and ofcourse the crowd went completely insane with applause/cheers at the end of You Can't Stop The Beat, the enthusiasm was great, I really think WOM can propell it to a sleeper hit

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#29re: HAIRSPRAY Movie Full Song and Music Clip!
Posted: 6/16/07 at 2:08am

awww awesome. My audience was equally enthusiastic- but they weren't a big clapping-after-numbers-kinda-audience. <- I love those. They did give it up for RATT, Timeless, and YCSTB though.

Thats really great to hear.

"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"

whiskedaway Profile Photo
whiskedaway
#30re: HAIRSPRAY Movie Full Song and Music Clip!
Posted: 6/16/07 at 2:34am

I might as well vent here.

VENT: So, my friend who had the ticket said we would leave for Hollywood from Valencia (Valencia is about 30 miles from Hollywood) when she gets off work at 4 pm. Apparently we had to be in line no later then 5:15 at the Mann Chinease Theater. I did not know this, I just thought we had to be there by 6pm cuz thats what my friend told me. So while I was sitting in the parking lot in Valencia waiting for my friend, I thought we could still make it when she didn't leave work until 4:45. As we are in the car on the way there, she says "oh we are supposed to be in line in like 30 minutes." And I said, threre's no way we will make it to Hollywood in 30 minutes in rush hour traffic. I was right. We got there at 5:45, and the people running the show said it was full and they could not let us in. I have been sulking ever since. I had a terribly ****ty week and I was really looking forward to seeing the movie. Oh well. VENT OVER

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#31re: HAIRSPRAY Movie Full Song and Music Clip!
Posted: 6/16/07 at 2:37am

Awww what a shame!!! I'm sorry!

Valencia!??? Do I know you? :) I lived there for 9 years. Visit all the time.

-Adam Shankman.

-E!'s "The Soup"

whiskedaway
#32re: HAIRSPRAY Movie Full Song and Music Clip!
Posted: 6/16/07 at 2:47am

Probbaly not, haha, I did'nt go to school out here, (well I go to C.O.C now but thats different I guess). The only thing I really do here is go to school. My work, friends, and all that jazz are outside of Santa Clarita. Nice to meet a local on here though, lol.

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#33re: HAIRSPRAY Movie Full Song and Music Clip!
Posted: 6/16/07 at 2:52am

Yeah, I don't live there any more. I did attend COC, about 3 years ago. The theatre had just finished building when I moved.

Sorry regarding your misfortune. Hopefully the upcoming week is better for you.

-Adam Shankman.

-E!'s "The Soup"

Ghosthost999
#34re: HAIRSPRAY Movie Full Song and Music Clip!
Posted: 6/16/07 at 3:03am

Im suprised they didnt let you in Whiskedaway. There were big chunks of the theatre that went empty untill just before showtime then the place packed up. The movie didnt even start 'till about 6:15, seemed like they were holding for ore people to show...

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#35re: HAIRSPRAY Movie Full Song and Music Clip!
Posted: 6/16/07 at 3:07am

awww dont tell him that.

-Adam Shankman.

-E!'s "The Soup"

Ghosthost999
#36re: HAIRSPRAY Movie Full Song and Music Clip!
Posted: 6/16/07 at 3:11am

Erm... *bites tongue*

whiskedaway
#37re: HAIRSPRAY Movie Full Song and Music Clip!
Posted: 6/16/07 at 3:17am

lol, such is my life.

DrTheatre Profile Photo
DrTheatre
#38re: HAIRSPRAY Movie Full Song and Music Clip!
Posted: 6/16/07 at 3:28am

After John Sings in YCSTB the new music comes on and I keeping thinking ONE NIGHT ONLY DISCO STYLE from DREAMGIRLS...LOL

"In the U.S.A. You can have your say, You can set you goals And seize the day, You've been given the freedom To work your way To the head of the line- To the head of the line!" ---Stephen Sondheim

NathanLaneStalker
#39re: HAIRSPRAY Movie Full Song and Music Clip!
Posted: 6/16/07 at 3:29am

Nikki is fantastic!

Not impressed with Amanda.

John...I will not comment...

"I'm tellin' you, the only times I really feel the presence of God are when I'm having sex and during a great Broadway musical." - Nathan Lane - Jeffrey

DrTheatre Profile Photo
DrTheatre
#40re: HAIRSPRAY Movie Full Song and Music Clip!
Posted: 6/16/07 at 3:33am

So does Amber and Velma not sing in YCSTB?

"In the U.S.A. You can have your say, You can set you goals And seize the day, You've been given the freedom To work your way To the head of the line- To the head of the line!" ---Stephen Sondheim

Ghosthost999
#41re: HAIRSPRAY Movie Full Song and Music Clip!
Posted: 6/16/07 at 3:41am

Nope, the movie jumps over their verse.

DrTheatre Profile Photo
DrTheatre
#42re: HAIRSPRAY Movie Full Song and Music Clip!
Posted: 6/16/07 at 3:44am

Well that sucks.... I wonder why?

Oh I just realized where the verse went...when Queen is done singing the ensemble comes in and sings VELMA's and AMBER's verse!

Updated On: 6/16/07 at 03:44 AM

Dirty_Rotten_Guy Profile Photo
Dirty_Rotten_Guy
#43re: HAIRSPRAY Movie Full Song and Music Clip!
Posted: 6/16/07 at 7:25am

Am I the only one that loves Amanda's voice?

John is a different story, but as everyone else has said, I'm going to wait for judgement until I see the film...

But the song sounds great! Nikki and Zac especially sound great together!

My 2007/2008 Season: Grey Gardens (7/5) 110 in the Shade (7/6) Mary Poppins (7/7) Xanadu (7/7) Deuce (7/8) Spamalot (7/8) Jersey Boys (8/25) The Year of Magical Thinking (8/25) Mauritius (11/2) Young Frankenstein (11/3) Rock 'N' Roll (11/3) Pygmalion (11/4) Mauritius (11/10) Mauritius (11/21) Mauritius (11/21) Sunday in the Park with George (3/6) South Pacific (3/7) Gypsy (3/8) Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (3/9)

EdmundOG
#44re: HAIRSPRAY Movie Full Song and Music Clip!
Posted: 6/16/07 at 7:32am

OMG, so I like YCSTD and RATT, but not GMB or TLOMBC. Am I FRLLE or just FG?

Type it out, people. It'll take an extra two seconds.

jimnysf
#45re: HAIRSPRAY Movie Full Song and Music Clip!
Posted: 6/16/07 at 7:58am

I LOVE YCSTB! Can't wait to see the film! Where are the San Francisco pre-screenings?

"I've lost everything! Luis, Marty, my baby with Chris, Chris himself, James. All I ever wanted was love." --Sheridan Crane "Passions" ------- "Housework is like bad sex. Every time I do it, I swear I'll never do it again til the next time company comes."--"Lulu" from "Can't Stop The Music" ----- "When the right doors didn't open for him, he went through the wrong ones" - "Sweet Bird of Youth" ------------ --------- "Passions" is uncancelled! See NBC.com for more info.

wickedfan Profile Photo
wickedfan
#46re: HAIRSPRAY Movie Full Song and Music Clip!
Posted: 6/16/07 at 9:43am

I'm very pleased with Amanda. It's not like it's a vocally challenging part of the song, and we all knew we weren't going to be getting Streisand. She did a nice job (that I'm sure looks great on screen) with a small portion of the song. I'm not a Kerry Butler fan, but the OBCR is the one time I really like her and I don't think it's really fair to compare them. Butler is a trained singer, and has been for most of her life. Amanda isn't. I must say that hearing her sing well was very satisfying.

Travolta, on the other hand, I'm not convinced will do well at all. Everything I've seen or heard from him just don't seem right. The part of Edna has always been where I was most concerned with this screen adaptation. I didn't know whether they were going for a more Divine feel where Edna never made jokes about the situation, never lowered her voice for a laugh, she was just a regular woman (who happened to be played by a man). Or if they were going to go with the Broadway approach, which was pretty much the opposite of all that: wisecracking, lowering Edna's voice at times for comedy, etc. Now it seems they're not going for either but a very off-putting, fierce, monster of an Edna. I don't know if I like it.

"Sing the words, Patti!!!!" Stephen Sondheim to Patti LuPone.

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#47re: HAIRSPRAY Movie Full Song and Music Clip!
Posted: 6/16/07 at 10:48am

Im not impressed with Travolta it just really seems like hes lacking something.

Niki sounds Wicked

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

DefyingEDCT Profile Photo
DefyingEDCT
#48re: HAIRSPRAY Movie Full Song and Music Clip!
Posted: 6/16/07 at 11:17am

Mama I'm a Big Girl Now .... what did they do with those lyrics ... "Once upon a time I played with childhood toys, but now id rather play with older boys"

Why the lyric change ... Ricki Lake doenst sound too bad

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#49re: HAIRSPRAY Movie Full Song and Music Clip!
Posted: 6/16/07 at 12:12pm

The lyric change is because if Rikki Lake sang:

"Once upon a time I used to play with toys; but now I'd rather play around with TEENAGE boys."

there would be questions.
----
By the way, Mateo are there any pics of Tracy or Edna from YCSTB?? There's one of everybody but them.

Videos