Clay On The View!

Cartwheel
#25re: Clay On The View!
Posted: 1/22/08 at 7:24pm

"I'm not saying he deserves what he gets, but it's not like he didn't know what he was getting into. "

I doubt that a college kid signing up for singing competition could anticipate everything that happened to him in the last five years.

Updated On: 1/22/08 at 07:24 PM

StageFan2 Profile Photo
StageFan2
#27re: Clay On The View!
Posted: 1/22/08 at 7:38pm

"I doubt that a college kid signing up for singing competition could anticipate everything that happened to him in the last five years."

Granted - however when you sign on to do a Broadway Show for 4 months, you should expect you'll be in NYC for that amount of time. As was stated earlier, he doesn't have to live 'within' the city.

ULCard
#25re: Clay On The View!
Posted: 1/22/08 at 11:01pm

You have to be kidding about because it was second season that he knew. They auditioned just as season 1 was finishing. NO one knew what would become of it. It wasn't till they were almost through their entire season before Kelly even had her CD out. How were they supposed to know. There had been tons of "talent shows" on TV in the past, Star Search, the old Ted Mack, etc, and NOTHING had ever blown up and become anything like what the people on AI went through. Most people never even heard of AI until Season 2 (or even later). There is no way he could have anticipated what would occur. Kelly has always been able to go out in public without a bodyguard and Clay hasn't. That big guy that is always with him was originally assigned to the whole AI tour, and then was assigned specifically to Clay because of all the uproar everywhere he went. He's still using the same guy 5 years later. Kelly still walks around by herself or just with friends.

As for his living in LA he "lived there" for less than 2 years and during that time he did like 5 tours and several other trips for appearances on tons of TV shows in NY and many benefits and things as well as recording. I doubt he was at home much at all. I was told that the lease on the house he and Kim had even expired while he was on tour. He really wasn't there much unless he was working. I still don't see the big deal. Being in NY is a job to him, not a "choice of moving there" just because he wanted to live there. That's a huge difference. It doesn't mean anything bad, it's just not home and was never intended to be for him. He's always said he really enjoys NY and goes there frequently. It would have to be a little frightening to someone who is not from that environment though, and especially someone who sees himself as a small town country boy, to move there and the lifestyle. I just wonder if the bodyguard is going to stay the whole four months or if that was just for the beginning till things settle down.

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#26re: Clay On The View!
Posted: 1/22/08 at 11:13pm

That big guy that is always with him was originally assigned to the whole AI tour, and then was assigned specifically to Clay because of all the uproar everywhere he went. He's still using the same guy 5 years later.

I was wondering what happened to Reuben. Thanks for clearing that up.

PEACE.

dominique
#27re: Clay On The View!
Posted: 1/22/08 at 11:20pm

It did sound awkward when he said he felt trapped in NY. He frequently does that, says something negative about new places he's in. It's like he's trapped in a small-town mentality. I wish he would expand his horizons a bit.

I thought he looked great though, and the Russian Dance bit was funny. I like his blonde hair.

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#28re: Clay On The View!
Posted: 1/22/08 at 11:23pm

Why does everyone keep insisting he's a small town country boy? The Raleigh-Durham metropolitan area has over 1 million people. Probably 80% of the people in America come from smaller towns than that. Stop trying to feign his naivety to attain sympathy.

Kelly has always been able to go out in public without a bodyguard and Clay hasn't.

And what does that say about Clay's fans?

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

dominique
#29re: Clay On The View!
Posted: 1/22/08 at 11:33pm

Because I do think he has a small-town attitude and I don't think of it as an endearing quality so I wouldn't expect it to arouse sympathy. After five years of fame and travel I thought he would come a little further than he has.

dominique
#30re: Clay On The View!
Posted: 1/22/08 at 11:34pm

Kelly has always been able to go out in public without a bodyguard and Clay hasn't.

And what does that say about Clay's fans?

I think it speaks volumes about Clay's fans and not in a good way.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#31re: Clay On The View!
Posted: 1/22/08 at 11:40pm

I'm sure his bodyguard is there for protection against his NON fans as well.

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#32re: Clay On The View!
Posted: 1/22/08 at 11:44pm

dominque, I was responding to ULCard's post, not yours.

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

dominique
#33re: Clay On The View!
Posted: 1/22/08 at 11:49pm

Oh, you mean that long defensive post that I skipped over? Sorry, I thought you were responding to me. xoxo

dominique
#34re: Clay On The View!
Posted: 1/22/08 at 11:52pm

"I'm sure his bodyguard is there for protection against his NON fans as well."

Surely you're right. He does inspire some passionate fans and non-fans both. I think he needs a bodyguard though, definitely. I hope it doesn't make him look like a diva, because it's not that, he really needs one.

dominique
#35re: Clay On The View!
Posted: 1/22/08 at 11:53pm

Back to the view, did any of you non-Clay-fans catch it, and if so, what did you think? It's on itunes I believe.

ULCard
#36re: Clay On The View!
Posted: 1/23/08 at 2:32am

That big guy that is always with him was originally assigned to the whole AI tour, and then was assigned specifically to Clay because of all the uproar everywhere he went. He's still using the same guy 5 years later.

I was wondering what happened to Reuben. Thanks for clearing that up.

Ah, not funny for poor Ruben. He's a good guy.
Updated On: 1/23/08 at 02:32 AM

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#37re: Clay On The View!
Posted: 1/23/08 at 11:32am

"It did sound awkward when he said he felt trapped in NY"

No it didn't. Everyone seems to be omitting the fact that before Clay even made that comment, he said that he had to be very careful about what he was going to say, so as not to be misunderstood. Then he made the "trapped " statement, and also added that he was used to going out and about at will, which isn't the case here in NY. (or something to that effect). He finally made a positive comment about how he liked that everything here is always open.

To me, what he said was very clear.

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

ULCard
#38re: Clay On The View!
Posted: 1/23/08 at 4:09pm

The difference in interpretation is usually the same agenda in everything else, people see and hear WHAT THEY WANT. I think I even recall that statement from another time.

musiclover4 Profile Photo
musiclover4
#39re: Clay On The View!
Posted: 1/23/08 at 4:28pm

Is it only Clay that get's ever single word he says dissected or do people do this to all celebrities?
Updated On: 1/23/08 at 04:28 PM

LePetiteFromage
Posted: 1/23/08 at 4:31pm

Updated On: 5/8/09 at 04:31 PM

Pippin Profile Photo
Pippin
#41re: Clay On The View!
Posted: 1/23/08 at 4:34pm

He can't. He's trapped in the theater. They only let him out for the Achein' for Aiken crowd.

"I'm an American, Damnit!!! And if it's three things I don't believe in, it's quitting and math."
Updated On: 1/23/08 at 04:34 PM

LePetiteFromage
Posted: 1/23/08 at 4:52pm

Updated On: 5/8/09 at 04:52 PM

Pippin Profile Photo
Pippin
#43re: Clay On The View!
Posted: 1/23/08 at 4:55pm

I wonder where his socket is?

"I'm an American, Damnit!!! And if it's three things I don't believe in, it's quitting and math."

LePetiteFromage
Posted: 1/23/08 at 4:58pm

Updated On: 5/8/09 at 04:58 PM

Cartwheel
#45re: Clay On The View!
Posted: 1/23/08 at 5:50pm

"I can't wait to see what happens when Clay misses his first show. "

If there's any way for him to get on that stage, he'll be there. He has done concerts while very ill, although it's not possible to play this role sitting down and holding on the stool for dear life, like he had to do then.

Let's hope that does not happen.

Videos