pixeltracker

my thoughts on Cry-Baby (March 17, 2008)- Page 2

my thoughts on Cry-Baby (March 17, 2008)

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#25re: my thoughts on Cry-Baby (March 17, 2008)
Posted: 3/18/08 at 11:02am

i love you, jay!

jondouglas
#26re: my thoughts on Cry-Baby (March 17, 2008)
Posted: 3/18/08 at 11:31am

JayStarr.....one of the things that is so awesome about you is that you love to go to the theatre and see all the shows. Please, please don't let someone else's opinion of this show stop you from seeing it. Just because someone didn't like it, doesn't mean that you won't. If we all did that........didn't go to see a show because a total stranger said that they didn't like it...........????? See where I'm going with this......

WithoutATrace, if it's so awful, why are you going again?

And, if the Men's Ensemble is HOT...that's great. What does that have to do with show itself? If it's getting to the point where people will only see a show because the cast is HOT, then you're going to the theatre for the wrong reason.
Updated On: 3/18/08 at 11:31 AM

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#27re: my thoughts on Cry-Baby (March 17, 2008)
Posted: 3/18/08 at 11:38am

I may ~ MAY ~ check to see if any rush is available Monday when I have to meet Trace to give him something. Still deciding.

Jay ~ Did you get the goodies I PMed you?

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#28re: my thoughts on Cry-Baby (March 17, 2008)
Posted: 3/18/08 at 11:46am

J*, whose strikes are you counting?

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

BroadwayEnthusiast2 Profile Photo
BroadwayEnthusiast2
#29re: my thoughts on Cry-Baby (March 17, 2008)
Posted: 3/18/08 at 11:46am

I think I'm going to see this because I want to form my own opinion.

Jay, I think you should see it because you see practically *everything*! It would be so great to read your review, also.

"I mean, sitting side by side with another man watching Patti LuPone play Rose in GYPSY on Broadway is essentially the equivalent of having hardcore sex." -Wanna Be A Foster. "Say 'Goody.' Say 'Bubbi.'" ... "That's it. Exactly as if it were 'Goody.' Now I know you're gonna sing 'Goody' this time, but nevertheless..."

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#30re: my thoughts on Cry-Baby (March 17, 2008)
Posted: 3/18/08 at 11:47am

What a pity. I thought this could work.

Oh, well...maybe in ten years or so Cheno will do SERIAL MOM, the musical. "Chip, Don't Use The Brown Word" will be a smash and all will be well in the world.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

WithoutATrace
#31re: my thoughts on Cry-Baby (March 17, 2008)
Posted: 3/18/08 at 11:54am

"WithoutATrace, if it's so awful, why are you going again?"

Jondouglas: CRY BABY is the flop of the season I have been waiting for. It was so bad, that I have to see it again. Same reason I saw IN MY LIFE four times. I hope they never cut that dance number with the gas masks. It was laughable. LOVED the tap number in Act 2 with the license plates though.

Plus, I want to see Carly Jibson in the show, since she was out for the first two previews...

WithoutATrace
#32re: my thoughts on Cry-Baby (March 17, 2008)
Posted: 3/18/08 at 12:01pm

"Two more strikes for me... meaning if Yankeefan & Wanna Be A Foster pan it this week..I WILL NOT SEE IT! Too many posters here (not the newbies who just signed in to shill the show) panning the show- that's a recipe for DISASTER!"

Jaystar, just wanted some clarification on this post. Is RyToast's negative review the first strike for you? Or is it one of many strikes building up.

Usually, they saying is "Three strikes and you're out" and there are definitely way more than three strikes on this show already (me, Dottie, CurtainPullDowner, etc.).

Do our "strikes" count with you?

Just checking...thanks!

RyToast1
#33re: my thoughts on Cry-Baby (March 17, 2008)
Posted: 3/18/08 at 12:02pm

OMG I hated the gas masks!!!!!!

But I did love the license plate tap song.

WithoutATrace
#34re: my thoughts on Cry-Baby (March 17, 2008)
Posted: 3/18/08 at 12:02pm

RyToast: Was there a staged curtain call?

Joy Behar Profile Photo
Joy Behar
#35re: my thoughts on Cry-Baby (March 17, 2008)
Posted: 3/18/08 at 12:07pm

i heard that CRY-BABY is already closing, and that a 2008 revival of IN MY LIFE (aiming for a summer bow) will take up residence at the marquis. at first, i had my doubts, but i stage doored WICKED the other day, and asked annaleigh ashford, and she was like, "Yeah, I heard that, and I'm glad."

#36re: my thoughts on Cry-Baby (March 17, 2008)
Posted: 3/18/08 at 12:07pm

jondouglas, i think WAT is jsut trying to find *something* positive to say about the show.

surely you can appreciate that.

WithoutATrace
#37re: my thoughts on Cry-Baby (March 17, 2008)
Posted: 3/18/08 at 12:09pm

Yes, I do hope there are changes by next Monday and that there is SOMETHING better about the show I can report.

RyToast1
#38re: my thoughts on Cry-Baby (March 17, 2008)
Posted: 3/18/08 at 12:12pm

To be quite honest, I was already putting my coat on and walking out at the curtain call, so I don't really remember. The last thing I saw was James Snyder taking like 12 bows...I was like, who are you, Patti LuPone?!

WithoutATrace
#39re: my thoughts on Cry-Baby (March 17, 2008)
Posted: 3/18/08 at 12:14pm

Snyder bowed by himself? That the curtain call has already changed...thanks for the info!

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#40re: my thoughts on Cry-Baby (March 17, 2008)
Posted: 3/18/08 at 12:15pm

The first night was kind of like a jumbled group bow and the cast just looked at each other like they didn't know what to do and then the curtain came down.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

RyToast1
#41re: my thoughts on Cry-Baby (March 17, 2008)
Posted: 3/18/08 at 12:19pm

then the curtain call WAS staged. And apparently, Harriet Harris' act 2 song wasn't orchestrated on Saturday night??

WithoutATrace
#42re: my thoughts on Cry-Baby (March 17, 2008)
Posted: 3/18/08 at 12:22pm

Was it orchestrated last night?? Was it good? The song was painful on Saturday evening.

RyToast1
#43re: my thoughts on Cry-Baby (March 17, 2008)
Posted: 3/18/08 at 12:24pm

Honestly, I was too wrapped up in how awful the song was that I didn't really catch if it was or not.

She did the SAME thing everytime she said "once." It was irritating.

#44re: my thoughts on Cry-Baby (March 17, 2008)
Posted: 3/18/08 at 12:27pm

She did the SAME thing everytime she said "once." It was irritating.

yeah, & those jackasses behind me GUFFAWED *each* time!!!

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#45re: my thoughts on Cry-Baby (March 17, 2008)
Posted: 3/18/08 at 12:29pm

I think people should go and form their opinions about the show, even if its awful which is what most people are saying, at least you will have got to see a flop! and like without a trace i LOVE me some flops

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

RyToast1
#46re: my thoughts on Cry-Baby (March 17, 2008)
Posted: 3/18/08 at 12:35pm

I never said don't see it! Heck, DO see it. I doubt it'll be around much longer!

Tom1071 Profile Photo
Tom1071
#47re: my thoughts on Cry-Baby (March 17, 2008)
Posted: 3/18/08 at 12:37pm

Sorry to hear the bad word of mouth.

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#48re: my thoughts on Cry-Baby (March 17, 2008)
Posted: 3/18/08 at 1:14pm

Some clarifications.... No -I am a nice guy so 10 strikes for me... I will give it many chances...

Yes...All of your reviews and pm that I counted. For now I counted Dottie, Wat, Ry, Norn ( he said though- he "wanted" to LIKE it) & 4 more pms (from reliable posters.. that I cannot say their names) and two more... WBaF & Yankeefan...

Now if 10 people are telling me almost the same answer...you know what I mean?

Okay I will add Jordangirl...so that's 11 people already!!!

I only counted posters whose age is above 20 yrs old. No offense!

J*

Updated On: 3/18/08 at 01:14 PM

RyToast1
#49re: my thoughts on Cry-Baby (March 17, 2008)
Posted: 3/18/08 at 1:20pm

Jay's got his sh*t together!

Videos