delete

fosca3 Profile Photo
fosca3
#25re: Friends to got the theater with/NYC
Posted: 4/5/08 at 1:36pm

Is there some point to the constant viciousness?

You don't go to the dragon without a present - Mark Rylance

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#26re: Friends to got the theater with/NYC
Posted: 4/5/08 at 1:37pm

To Winter

Mrs R & I made that mistake once . That was enough.

Poster Emeritus

thatgirl712 Profile Photo
thatgirl712
#27re: Friends to got the theater with/NYC
Posted: 4/5/08 at 2:31pm

I'm sorry I started all of this. It's true I am new to this board. I was kind of forgeting that.

If I heard the bells and the banjos ring

fosca3 Profile Photo
fosca3
#28re: Friends to got the theater with/NYC
Posted: 4/5/08 at 2:58pm

I'm more or less new too

There's lots of really knowledgable people on here, and I've learned TONS of stuff reading the posts

You just have to try to ignore the (occasional) nastiness and try to never give anyone an easy opening -- it does seem someone will usually take it

Welcome, sincerely, and I hope you enjoy these boards as much as I have

You don't go to the dragon without a present - Mark Rylance

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#29re: Friends to got the theater with/NYC
Posted: 4/5/08 at 3:36pm

I always go alone. I really don't have any friends who are into theatre. So, my feelings are. If you don't have anyone to go with, why let that stop the fun you can have on your own. I don't feel this way with just theatre. I feel this way about concerts movies etc.

And, keep in mind. Even though you would enter the theatre yourself your not watching the show alone.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

Scripps2 Profile Photo
Scripps2
#30re: Friends to got the theater with/NYC
Posted: 4/5/08 at 4:16pm

Keep persevering thatgirl712. I've been around this board for a couple of months more than you and I'm just beginning to get used to it.

I often go the theatre on my own but sometimes it is good to go with others who know, understand and share the thrill that you get out of the experience. I built up a circle of wonderful theatre-going friends by joining a society dedicated to the work of a certain dramatist. It took a while to build up those friendships but now we make sure we have 3 or 4 days a year where we all meet up and collectively inhale a large burst of theatrical oxygen. And it certainly helps compensate for the stale air and pollution we breathe the rest of the time.

thatgirl712
#31re: Friends to got the theater with/NYC
Posted: 4/5/08 at 4:25pm

Hi,

Thanks for your response. You're right. Sometimes it's nice to go along and sometimes it's nice to go with others. Thanks for your interest!

Diane

miss pennywise Profile Photo
miss pennywise
#32re: Friends to got the theater with/NYC
Posted: 4/5/08 at 4:28pm

Thatgirl,

Once you get to know people by being on the board and they get to know you, you'll get to meet people. I have made some of my closest and dearest friends through the board. Sometimes we go to the theatre together; other times we hang out. Just be patient...and discriminating. For your own sake. re: Friends to got the theater with/NYC

"Be on your guard! Jerks on the loose!"

http://www.roches.com/television/ss83kod.html

"If any relationship involves a flow chart, get out of it...FAST!"

~ Best12Bars

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#33re: Friends to got the theater with/NYC
Posted: 4/5/08 at 4:31pm

Yeah, I have met some great people through the boards. Usually it's random ~ somehow we'll be chatting and something will come up abut the internet and BWW comes up. Then others I've met through conversations on here and we end up meeting up at some point. :) Just give it time.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

kevinr2
#34re: Friends to got the theater with/NYC
Posted: 4/5/08 at 5:40pm

I have been to NYC with friends and on my own. If I go with friends who are no so much into theatre, that doesn't stop me from seeing a show on my own and then meeting up later....works great. When I have gone alone, I have seen the show, did the Stage Door bit, and then headed to Don't Tell Mama where there is always a friendly crowd and you're scrunched in so talking is almost mandatory with others....I have ALWAYS had a great time on my own or with friends! Plus, I always meet new friends at Don't Tell Mama!

singingbackup Profile Photo
singingbackup
#35re: Friends to got the theater with/NYC
Posted: 4/5/08 at 5:41pm

Welcome!

Please be wary that some on here might end up flaking on you, so be discriminating. Theater can be fun either way and I love doing both, especially if you are fans of the show!

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#36re: Friends to got the theater with/NYC
Posted: 4/5/08 at 5:54pm

LURK before you post. LURK before you post. LURK before you post. LURK before you post. LURK before you post. LURK before you post. LURK before you post. LURK before you post. LURK before you post. LURK before you post.

Learn it, love it, do it.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

shh282 Profile Photo
shh282
#37re: Friends to got the theater with/NYC
Posted: 4/5/08 at 6:03pm

I've seen 4 out of 8 shows on my own [ my last three actually... Chicago, ITH, Is he Dead? and Spelling Bee]

I honestly didn't mind being alone there

thatgirl712
#38re: Friends to got the theater with/NYC
Posted: 4/5/08 at 6:20pm

Hi,

Appreciate the reply!

Diane

nztheatreluva Profile Photo
nztheatreluva
#39re: Friends to got the theater with/NYC
Posted: 4/5/08 at 7:57pm

It's quite fun going to shows alone, I did it when I was in New York, and you get talking to some really great people

J'ai compris tous les mots, j'ai bien compris, merci.............

Videos