pixeltracker

Ashley Brown to Star in National Tour of Mary Poppins- Page 2

Ashley Brown to Star in National Tour of Mary Poppins

JeaniusIsMe Profile Photo
JeaniusIsMe
#25re: Ashley Brown to Star in National Tour of Mary Poppins
Posted: 4/17/08 at 7:46pm

Dancin: It is a tour with the possibility of a separate sit-down in Chicago. However, it will probably do what Wicked did in Chicago- have a set tour stop which will include Ashley, then change out the cast with a new sit-down cast and have the tour continue on. So, yes it is still a tour, just with the possibility of a separate sit-down production resulting from the popularity of the initial touring production.

Someday Profile Photo
Someday
#26re: Ashley Brown to Star in National Tour of Mary Poppins
Posted: 4/17/08 at 8:03pm

Very proud to hear Ashley Brown will do the tour. Stars used to think of taking their acts to "the provinces" as an important way of giving back. I really wish more current Broadway leads would follow in Norbert Leo Butz's and, now, Ashley Brown's footsteps.

It builds such good will for Broadway -- not to mention for the stars themselves. I'll never forget the excitement of knowing I was watching the original Broadway leads when Keith Carradine and Dee Hoty played Memphis in the Will Rogers Follies (in true Will Rogers trouping fashion).

haddaddy3 Profile Photo
haddaddy3
#27re: Ashley Brown to Star in National Tour of Mary Poppins
Posted: 4/17/08 at 8:49pm

"Is it really a "National Tour" if it's listed as an OPEN RUN in the first city it plays?"

It's a tour because it will be in Cleveland in July of '09 - I think right after the long run it Chicago, but we only get it for three weeks and then they move on.

You look absolutely terrific, honestly.

FutureAladdinOnB'Way
#28re: Ashley Brown to Star in National Tour of Mary Poppins
Posted: 4/17/08 at 9:10pm

This is awesome news! I've been waiting to see Ashley Brown in Mary Poppins and now hopefully I can see her if/when it stops in Seattle!

ThankstoPhantom
#29re: Ashley Brown to Star in National Tour of Mary Poppins
Posted: 4/17/08 at 9:35pm

Gavin Creel was a trade-off for Lisa O'Hare to appear in the US Tour of My Fair Lady.

This is wonderful news, it's great to see this sort of morale from a star. I certainly respect Miss Brown for her passion and workmanship.

How to properly use its/it's: Its is the possessive. It's is the contraction for it is...

eturner Profile Photo
eturner
#30re: Ashley Brown to Star in National Tour of Mary Poppins
Posted: 4/17/08 at 9:56pm

Awesome! I hope it comes to Boston, and who is going to replace Ashley on Broadway?

Liz Turner Singer-Actor-Dancer-Radio lizturnermusic@gmail.com www.lizturnersings.com *Contact me for private voice, piano, and clarinet lessons in Boston area or on Skype!

Dancin Thru Life Profile Photo
Dancin Thru Life
#31re: Ashley Brown to Star in National Tour of Mary Poppins
Posted: 4/17/08 at 10:03pm

THANKS JeaniusIsMe!!!

Seemed funny to list the Chicago stop as an OPEN RUN when the tour is expected to cross the country!

Hopefully Buffalo will get it in the '09/10 Season!

"To love another person is to see the face of God!"

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#32re: Ashley Brown to Star in National Tour of Mary Poppins
Posted: 4/18/08 at 1:31am

I was just going to say that Dancin Thru Life. I was kind of angry they weren't able to grab it for this year. Considering they have Mamma Mia coming back for the umpteenth time.

Does anyone know if a list of tour dates has been released?

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

Videos