pixeltracker

high ballad belting songs- Page 2

high ballad belting songs

broadway86 Profile Photo
broadway86
#25re: high ballad belting songs
Posted: 9/4/08 at 7:44pm

"When I Look at You" from The Scarlet Pimpernel. Beautiful ballad, and you're hitting Ds and Es throughout the second half of the song.

bwaycomposer Profile Photo
bwaycomposer
#26re: high ballad belting songs
Posted: 9/4/08 at 11:33pm

DEAR DADDY from B.R.A.T.T. CAMP by Bobby Cronin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oy8mZsir4lY

WOSQ
#27re: high ballad belting songs
Posted: 9/5/08 at 1:27pm

Barbra has recorded about 40-45 full length albums. She is a high belt when she feels like it.

Start listening and then make whatever song you pick your own with your own subtext and POV.

"The Music That Makes Me Dance". --1964 Funny Girl cast recording; NOT the one made about 5 years ago

"If my life weren't funny, it would just be true. And that would be unacceptable." --Carrie Fisher

Chelsea4044
#28re: high ballad belting songs
Posted: 9/5/08 at 2:15pm

If you can get your hands on the music to DISNEYLAND from SMILE, do it. It's a fierce song.

fetzles1490
#29re: high ballad belting songs
Posted: 9/5/08 at 2:54pm

I'm surprised nobody has said this yet, but The Story Goes On from Baby belts up to an F and it's a gorgeous song =)

Rentaholic Profile Photo
Rentaholic
#30re: high ballad belting songs
Posted: 9/5/08 at 3:08pm

I completely agree with The Story Goes On. I absolutely love that song.

What about Heaven Help My Heart from Chess?

bwaylvsong
#31re: high ballad belting songs
Posted: 9/5/08 at 6:17pm

Woman from "The Pirate Queen"
All For Laura from "The Woman In White"

Patash Profile Photo
Patash
#32re: high ballad belting songs
Posted: 9/5/08 at 10:54pm

Not sure how high they are -- but terrific audition "belting" songs that build:

"You Gotta use what you got to get what you want" from The Life

"Wherever he Ain't" from Mack and Mabel

PookieBear
#33re: high ballad belting songs
Posted: 9/6/08 at 3:26am

i really want to do meadowlark since its just too beautiful but the time limit is about 3 mins or at most 3min 30secs and i don't want to cut any verses in meadowlark because then the lyrics won't make sense

the suggestions are amazing so far! i'm listening to each song and its too hard to choose!!

x

why yes, i do frequently burst out in song. i have a very serious medical condition called musical tourettes. :)

PookieBear
#34re: high ballad belting songs
Posted: 9/8/08 at 1:46pm

b u m p

why yes, i do frequently burst out in song. i have a very serious medical condition called musical tourettes. :)

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#35re: high ballad belting songs
Posted: 9/8/08 at 1:56pm

Try 'Solitaire" by Neal Sedaka. It's not a song that is heard at every audition and you can really belt the hell out of the ending.

Go into the clip 1:30 and listen to my friend Farah.

Go Farah, GO!

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2
Updated On: 9/8/08 at 01:56 PM

Videos