pixeltracker

Legally Blonde - Becky Gulsvig can sing - Page 2

Legally Blonde - Becky Gulsvig can sing

balto
#25re: Legally Blonde - Becky Gulsvig can sing
Posted: 6/8/09 at 12:25pm

I find it funny that the "S" was an actual person on the telecast, when it's been a Bag on the Tour...

taximom
#26re: Legally Blonde - Becky Gulsvig can sing
Posted: 6/8/09 at 2:05pm

She was awful - terrible. I was embarassed for them. It was nearly as bad as MM, and that's saying something.

sayokay
#27re: Legally Blonde - Becky Gulsvig can sing
Posted: 6/8/09 at 2:10pm

I thought Becky was alright, but she has sort-of a weird sounding singing voice. Becky does miss something LBB has - and that's star power. LBB has really good stage presence and can reach out and grab somebodies attention. Is Tracy Jai on tour now? I REALLY hope LBB will come back to Broadway :/. She should have been that blondie in Rock of Ages like she was in the LA production.

brittyluvsbway
#28re: Legally Blonde - Becky Gulsvig can sing
Posted: 6/8/09 at 2:12pm

I thought she less than impressive. i've seen laura bell on broadway and she was 100 million times better! becky is just, i don't know, i just hated it.

SporkGoddess
#29re: Legally Blonde - Becky Gulsvig can sing
Posted: 6/8/09 at 2:20pm

I far prefer Becky Gulsvig from what I've seen/heard of her.

I THOUGHT I saw Lauren Zakrin as one of the sorority girls, but maybe I'm wrong.

Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!

kate86 Profile Photo
kate86
#30re: Legally Blonde - Becky Gulsvig can sing
Posted: 6/8/09 at 2:21pm

i saw beth curry, tiffany engen, cara massey, kate rockwell, tracy jai edwards, ?, april berry , ? and gaelen gilliland. (left to right)

2 people i cannot identify.

interesting that gaelen performed with legally blonde. but cool.
all these girls except for tiffany and becky (who are part of the tour) live in nyc. so no travel expenses.

i liked the performance.

4-11-10 Wicked (Oberhausen) ~ 8-7-10 Promises, Promises ~ 8-8-10 Next to Normal ~ 8-12-10 Bway @Bryant Park ~ 8-15-10 Jersey Boys + Sing for the Cure ~ 8-18-10 American Idiot ~ 8-19-10 Wicked Divas (Murney/Mackey) in Saratoga Springs, NY ~ 8-21-10 Next to Normal ~ 8-23-10 Natalie Weiss @Birdland ~ 8-24-10 Wicked ~ 9-4-10 Wicked (Oberhausen)

BrdwyThtr Profile Photo
BrdwyThtr
#31re: Legally Blonde - Becky Gulsvig can sing
Posted: 6/8/09 at 2:24pm

None of those backup girls are currently on the tour. They had a performance last night in whichever city they are currently in so only Becky flew in for that. All of those girls were from the Broadway company.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#32re: Legally Blonde - Becky Gulsvig can sing
Posted: 6/8/09 at 2:37pm

The tour played its final performance in Chicago yesterday, with Lauren Zakrin filling in as Elle.

sgv123
#33re: Legally Blonde - Becky Gulsvig can sing
Posted: 6/8/09 at 2:41pm

Isn't Tiffany still in the tour?

SporkGoddess
#34re: Legally Blonde - Becky Gulsvig can sing
Posted: 6/8/09 at 2:45pm

Oops, my bad. I figured it'd be the entire tour cast.

Wait, so what version of the tour is hitting my city next year?

wickedfan11 Profile Photo
wickedfan11
#35re: Legally Blonde - Becky Gulsvig can sing
Posted: 6/8/09 at 2:50pm

Stacey Sargeant who used to be in the tour was the African-American girl.

kate86 Profile Photo
kate86
#36re: Legally Blonde - Becky Gulsvig can sing
Posted: 6/8/09 at 3:32pm

yes tiffany is still on the tour as a swing!

4-11-10 Wicked (Oberhausen) ~ 8-7-10 Promises, Promises ~ 8-8-10 Next to Normal ~ 8-12-10 Bway @Bryant Park ~ 8-15-10 Jersey Boys + Sing for the Cure ~ 8-18-10 American Idiot ~ 8-19-10 Wicked Divas (Murney/Mackey) in Saratoga Springs, NY ~ 8-21-10 Next to Normal ~ 8-23-10 Natalie Weiss @Birdland ~ 8-24-10 Wicked ~ 9-4-10 Wicked (Oberhausen)

Man in Chair
#37re: Legally Blonde - Becky Gulsvig can sing
Posted: 6/8/09 at 3:33pm

Horrible performance at the Tony Awards last night. I was embarrassed for her and for the show.

broadwayboy522
#38re: Legally Blonde - Becky Gulsvig can sing
Posted: 6/8/09 at 3:46pm

I'm sorry but exactly how was the performace horrible and attrocious? It wasn't the most amazing performance ever, of course not, but it wasn't attracious. Everyone has their own opinion of Becky which is fine but I thought she did great and maybe LBB has "star power" but Becky sang the song better than LBB did. Maybe she isn't as bubbly or over the top as LBB but that's because she isn't LBB. Sorry to be venting but it was a good performance. Not attracious, not amazing, but good.

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#39re: Legally Blonde - Becky Gulsvig can sing
Posted: 6/8/09 at 3:50pm

She is horrid

I never understood the praise for this girl. Her Elle is just not Elle....at all.

Her singing is bland and she puts zero effort in, and looks nothing like her.

For all the insults LBB got from people on here (i thought she was good) i would watch her anyday ovr Becky

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#40re: Legally Blonde - Becky Gulsvig can sing
Posted: 6/8/09 at 3:53pm

I'm still trying to figure out why they had to air this on the Tonys in the first place.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

defyingravity07 Profile Photo
defyingravity07
#41re: Legally Blonde - Becky Gulsvig can sing
Posted: 6/8/09 at 3:53pm

Rhiannon is there, I think, as the first E. You can tell that Gaelen forgot the choreo. she was going much slower than the rest of the girls.

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#42re: Legally Blonde - Becky Gulsvig can sing
Posted: 6/8/09 at 3:54pm

I dont think its a bad idea to have touring shows on the Tonys, after all more people have access to touring shows that Broadway shows and awards nights are all about advertising

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

.x.EdEnEsPiNosA.x.
#43re: Legally Blonde - Becky Gulsvig can sing
Posted: 6/8/09 at 3:58pm

no youre wrong becky looks like reese witherspoon so looks like elle
laura bell bundy looks like an advertisement for bad plastic surgery :s

broadwayboy522
#44re: Legally Blonde - Becky Gulsvig can sing
Posted: 6/8/09 at 4:02pm

Rhiannon or Lauren weren't there. They were performing with the tour in Chicago. The girls up there were definitely Beth Curry, Cara Massey, Kate Rockwell, Tracy Jai Edwards, Stacey Sergeant, April Berry, Stephanie Fittro and Gaelen Gilliand. I'm pretty sure that wasn't Tiffany Engen because right after the performance she wrote on Becky Gulsvig's facebook wall saying great job and it wasn't from a mobile phone. So I'm thinking maybe that was her twin Brooke Engen. She did Hairspray on Broadway so maybe they just had her do it. By the way,
sorry to come across as overly defensive earlier, I am, but just wanted to say what was on my mind also.

defyingravity07 Profile Photo
defyingravity07
#45re: Legally Blonde - Becky Gulsvig can sing
Posted: 6/8/09 at 4:06pm

You are aware that Legally Blonde was a BOOK before the movie right? Neither Becky nor LBB need to look like Reese.

SporkGoddess
#46re: Legally Blonde - Becky Gulsvig can sing
Posted: 6/8/09 at 4:21pm

The LB book so little resembles the movie though that it's kind of a moot point IMO.

I think Becky's Elle comes off as MUCH more intelligent than LBB's. Sure, I believed LBB as a sorority girl, but not later when she transforms into an awesome law student.

sgv123
#47re: Legally Blonde - Becky Gulsvig can sing
Posted: 6/8/09 at 4:26pm

Why would Brooke be doing it?

#48re: Legally Blonde - Becky Gulsvig can sing
Posted: 6/8/09 at 4:33pm

I loved Becky when I saw her on tour, but thought she wasn't good on the telecast.

Ole Chum
#49re: Legally Blonde - Becky Gulsvig can sing
Posted: 6/8/09 at 4:35pm

any objective viewer would admit that as stupid as the touring performances were, becky gulsvig sounded better than fine.

Videos