pixeltracker

Next To Normal rush post Tonys?- Page 2

Next To Normal rush post Tonys?

Luckydave14
#25re: Next To Normal rush post Tonys?
Posted: 6/19/09 at 10:20am

This morning I was walking by the theater on my way to work at 8:30 and there were 22 people waiting on line.

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#26re: Next To Normal rush post Tonys?
Posted: 6/19/09 at 10:29am

Cool! And with 26 seats available and people able to get two...odds are that some of those at the end of the line may be disappointed.

I'm so glad this show is taking off like this! :)

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

TristezzaBella27
#27re: Next To Normal rush post Tonys?
Posted: 6/23/09 at 7:32am

i am at rush and its 7:42am and i am 5th of 7 people.... soooo its pretty... calm today. lol

heo1128
#28re: Next To Normal rush post Tonys?
Posted: 6/23/09 at 9:18am

Wow...^pick me up a seat! lol

broadway122 Profile Photo
broadway122
#29re: Next To Normal rush post Tonys?
Posted: 6/23/09 at 10:49am

What time do you think one should get there on a Sunday? Doesn't the box office open later on Sundays?

"i had no idea billy elliot was about one boy's triumph over epilepsy."-FindingNamo
Updated On: 6/23/09 at 10:49 AM

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#30re: Next To Normal rush post Tonys?
Posted: 6/23/09 at 12:11pm

Yes the box office opens later, but that doesn't mean people get there any later. The Sunday I rushed, the earliest person was there about 5, then 5:30 I got there quickly followed by 4 more girls. By 7/7:30 the line was down at least to the little shop in Shubert Alley.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

broadway122
#31re: Next To Normal rush post Tonys?
Posted: 6/23/09 at 3:27pm

oh wow 5 o'clock!?! So what time does the box office open on Sundays then?

"i had no idea billy elliot was about one boy's triumph over epilepsy."-FindingNamo

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#32re: Next To Normal rush post Tonys?
Posted: 6/23/09 at 3:33pm

Noon. I would say critical mass wasn't reached until 7:30 or so...at that point depending on which show you wanted to see, you could have already been in a box seat. But yes, the first person (not me) had gotten there about 5.

LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

broadway122
#33re: Next To Normal rush post Tonys?
Posted: 6/23/09 at 3:35pm

thanks jordangirl

KChenowethfan Profile Photo
KChenowethfan
#34re: Next To Normal rush post Tonys?
Posted: 6/23/09 at 3:42pm

Wow, how times have changed. I had absolutely no trouble getting a $10 30 and under ticket to any performance I wanted when it was at Arena even right up to show time. Good for the show.

"Why do you care what people might say? Why try to fit into their design?" (Side Show)

iflip4musicals Profile Photo
iflip4musicals
#35re: Next To Normal rush post Tonys?
Posted: 6/26/09 at 11:00am

I know it's a week away, but July 4th. How crazy do you think it will be? Anyone else going?

"I've never encountered such religiously, you know, loyal fans as Broadway musical theater fans. It's amazing." --Allison Janney

iflip4musicals
#36re: Next To Normal rush post Tonys?
Posted: 6/26/09 at 11:10pm

bump

"I've never encountered such religiously, you know, loyal fans as Broadway musical theater fans. It's amazing." --Allison Janney

iflip4musicals
#37re: Next To Normal rush post Tonys?
Posted: 6/29/09 at 10:44am

Bueller? Bueller? anyone else thinking of rushing on the 4th?

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#38re: Next To Normal rush post Tonys?
Posted: 6/29/09 at 12:59pm

No clue about that day, but I can say that there were 8 people on line by 5:45 this morning...it looked to be full before 6:30.

LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

LeaGirl Profile Photo
LeaGirl
#39re: Next To Normal rush post Tonys?
Posted: 6/29/09 at 1:07pm

I rushed Saturday and everybody who got there before 9:15 got a ticket, though towards the end of the line people had to be flexible about which show they were going to since one sold out before the other.

Now what would you say if today I started over? Without a thing but this taped together four leaf clover And I'll pretend like everything is already alright And I'll run toward the sun till the castle's out of sight

iflip4musicals
#40re: Next To Normal rush post Tonys?
Posted: 6/29/09 at 2:20pm

Thanks guys! I haven't seen it since early in the Arena run, I'm so excited to see the changes!

RyToast1
#41re: Next To Normal rush post Tonys?
Posted: 6/30/09 at 8:15am

Its 8:20ish and there are 24 people in line right now. We got here at 5:20am and were the first people in line. After reading that there were 8 people in line by 5:45 yesterday morning we wanted to be uber cautious!

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#42re: Next To Normal rush post Tonys?
Posted: 6/30/09 at 8:31am

Ry ~ I agree. I'd much rather be early than miss a seat. With 24 people online, that means it's likely already full ~ unless everyone is only getting one ticket.

LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

broadway122
#43re: Next To Normal rush post Tonys?
Posted: 6/30/09 at 9:27am

Do you think all this 5 AM stuff will start setteling down by August?

TimesSquareRegular Profile Photo
TimesSquareRegular
#44re: Next To Normal rush post Tonys?
Posted: 6/30/09 at 9:46am

Well, considering that the attendence percentage has basically increased every single week so far, and is heading toward 100%, that could put additional pressure on the rush line.

2016 These Paper Bullets (1/02) Our Mother's Brief Affair (1/06), Dragon Boat Racing (1/08), Howard - reading (1/28), Shear Madness (2/10), Fun Home (2/17), Women Without Men (2/18), Trip Of Love (2/21), The First Gentleman -reading (2/22), Southern Comfort (2/23), The Robber Bridegroom (2/24), She Loves Me (3/11), Shuffle Along (4/12), Shear Madness (4/14), Dear Evan Hansen (4/16), American Psycho (4/23), Tuck Everlasting (5/10), Indian Summer (5/15), Peer Gynt (5/18), Broadway's Rising Stars (7/11), Trip of Love (7/27), CATS (7/31), The Layover (8/17), An Act Of God (8/31), The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time (8/24), Heisenberg (10/12), Fiddler On The Roof (11/02), Othello (11/23), Dear Evan Hansen (11/26), Les Liaisons Dangereuses (12/21) 2017 In Transit (2/01), Groundhog Day (4/04), Ring Twice For Miranda (4/07), Church And State (4/10), The Lucky One (4/19), Ernest Shackleton Loves Me (5/16), Building The Wall (5/19), Indecent (6/01), Six Degrees of Separation (6/09), Marvin's Room (6/28), A Doll's House Pt 2 (7/25) Curvy Widow (8/01)

broadway122
#45re: Next To Normal rush post Tonys?
Posted: 6/30/09 at 10:12am

Ok thanks

Baine Profile Photo
Baine
#46re: Next To Normal rush post Tonys?
Posted: 7/2/09 at 8:38pm

[i]If you don't mind spending the extra 11 bucks, go with the last row mezzanine seats. They really have a FANTASTIC view and don't detract at all from the intimate feeling that the show has. [/i]

How small is the theater? I'm planning to get tickets for my bday later this month, but I'm waiting until after the new coupon code goes up since the current one expires on July 12th. I was planning to get front mezz, but if there's not a new coupon code, I'm not sure if I want to pay full price or not since it's not the only show I'm seeing.

Are the last row mezz seats really so fantastic? I know the price is, but I worry about how small people might look or if there's obstruction, etc. I remember when I saw [i]Lion King[/i] a few years back and we were in the back and the seats were kind of blah.

I esp. want good visibility and stuff on my bday, you know? <3
Updated On: 7/2/09 at 08:38 PM

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#47re: Next To Normal rush post Tonys?
Posted: 7/2/09 at 8:43pm

The theatre is not that big. The last row mezz seats are fine. And likely the view there is better than it would be with any discount code that might come out. Reportedly, unless it's shortly before curtain and a seat is unsold, the seats offered for the discount have been inching closer and closer to partial view.

And you're assuming that another code will come out. The way it's been selling, they may decide to hold off on one for a bit.

LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

ZiggyCringe
#48re: Next To Normal rush post Tonys?
Posted: 7/3/09 at 2:19am

Good grief.

"Next to Normal" is SELLING OUT.

YAY!

colorandlight2
#49re: Next To Normal rush post Tonys?
Posted: 7/3/09 at 5:00am

Reading this thread makes me very happy--only because it means that Next to Normal is doing so well!

Videos