pixeltracker

Into the Woods Official Movie Thread- Page 207

Into the Woods Official Movie Thread

Showface
#5150Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/19/15 at 9:00pm

Rumor has it that the extras will be pretty extensive! Marhsall said there will be very in-depth featurettes about the cast, and we will see how they moved from concept art to the movie.

These rumors also were re-stated a few pages ago, and apparently the cast featurette is "The Cast as Good as Gold", and a extensive multi-part documentary. Also, the cut Witch song, "She'll Be Back" will be on the dvd!

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#5151Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/20/15 at 7:09am

@rattleNwoolypenguin I thought the same thing reading the reviews on Fandango. Into the Woods has an average of about 3.6 from almost 11,000 ratings (which I compared to around 4.6 for that Annie abomination), but a definite majority of the written reviews have all droned on about the same ridiculous things, like about the pedophilia reference, although I can think of many more movies which treat children in much more sinister ways than a wolf singing a song to a girl and showing her his candy, which most of these parents would take their children to see without batting an eye. They say that the movie is "stupid" which is certainly untrue, especially for most of the movie-going American public, this movie is much too smart for them. And a number say things like "I saw trailers and there was no singing and I hate musicals!" which is an outright lie since the trailer specifically has the cast singing the chorus of "Into the Woods" and Meryl Streep singing "Stay With Me," they're two major points of the trailer. Or they say something to the effect of "I like musicals, but even for a musical there was too much singing!" I never thought singing in a musical was a bad thing, but the dear reviewers of Fandango would like their movie musicals with as little singing as possible. This movie has taught me that reading viewer reviews is usually a futile practice, since there is clearly a large disparity between my enjoyment of films and most of America. And I couldn't be happier. Happy now, happy hence, happy ever after.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."
Updated On: 1/20/15 at 07:09 AM

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#5152Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/20/15 at 7:32am

Most of the short featurettes you've been seeing on YouTube will be on the DVD and BD as a multi-part longer documentary, where you can "play all" or watch the individual segments.

I already pre-ordered my copy.

Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

J_Jammer Profile Photo
J_Jammer
#5153Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/20/15 at 10:19am

"...and showing her his candy..."

in the stage production he actually does show that...

Showface
#5154Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/20/15 at 10:25pm

"Most of the short featurettes you've been seeing on YouTube will be on the DVD and BD as a multi-part longer documentary, where you can "play all" or watch the individual segments. "

that's likely very true. But, we should expect some new stuff also right? Some of the featurettes we've seen seem to have been for advertising purposes only, and Rob Marshall said (I have to find the interview again), that some of the featurettes should include how they went from a concept, concept art, to the screen. I'm still excited! And once there was a TV spot, and it has not surfaced online, and it featured some really cool clips from the film, and I think it had a glimpse of Meryl Streep "She'll Be Back".

SweetLips Profile Photo
SweetLips
#5155Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/21/15 at 4:45am

Now I have seen the movie, thankfully from the comfort and solitude of my lounge room, I will add my comments.
I am glad I 'was alone' so there was no one to distract me from the story/music I have loved and seen on stage and in the Gardens.
I feel for those who wandered into the wrong cinema thinking-not ANOTHER song.
All performers were OK, least effective-Cinderella, dark Prince, Ms Streep [acting yes,singing no].
There was so much singing but none of it was that well sung-I think Mr Depp was sooo good--but then that silly 'in the tummy' bit but luckily a great finish.
I will put it away and come back to it again in a couple of weeks.
It should NOT have had the Disney stamp on it [I realise it wouldn't have been made without Disney] but a less ambitious movie, more arthouse, better sung, truthful, less effects--probably just film the bloody stage show and put it in the cinema as I don't feel much was gained from this except seeing different people play the roles.

Bucky Builder Profile Photo
Bucky Builder
#5156Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/21/15 at 6:13am

Yeah I agree, Sweetlips. It's a very uninspired film. Lucky that you got to watch it alone.

J_Jammer Profile Photo
J_Jammer
#5157Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/21/15 at 10:47am

" but a less ambitious movie, more arthouse, better sung, truthful, less effects--probably just film the bloody stage show and put it in the cinema as I don't feel much was gained from this except seeing different people play the roles. "

If I wanted to see a stage version...I'd see a stage version.

Bucky Builder
#5158Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/21/15 at 11:30am

No one asked you.

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#5159Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/21/15 at 11:32am

Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread

But the stage version WAS filmed...why don't you naysayers just stick to that and shut the hell up already with your whining and complaining.

Bucky Builder
#5160Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/21/15 at 11:40am

You seem to have a problem with other opinions of this film, Carlos. Like it not, not everyone is going to like the same thing on the same level. We "naysayers" have every right to post our thoughts. So no, I won't "shut the hell up".

J_Jammer Profile Photo
J_Jammer
#5161Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/21/15 at 11:41am

"No one asked you."

Too bad, Yucky.

CarlosAlberto
#5162Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/21/15 at 11:41am

I don't have a problem with people's opinions. What I do have a problem with is people whining about it not being the stage show to which I say you have a choice because the stage show was filmed and enjoy that. All this constant whining about something that is already done and over with.

Updated On: 1/21/15 at 11:41 AM

Bucky Builder
#5163Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/21/15 at 11:57am

Yes but no one has really complained that it isn't the stage show. I personally think the main problem with the film is the 2nd half and the way they handled the death scenes. However I don't think replicating the scenes like they are in the stage show is necessarily the answer to fixing them in the film. I had no problem with the changes they made to act 1. I love the first half of the film. It's so good! It's act 2 that they just glossed over.

CarlosAlberto
SweetLips Profile Photo
SweetLips
#5165Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/21/15 at 1:48pm

Mr Alberto[and thanks Bucky], I do feel you have come out a little strongly with your opinion of MY opinion.
You seem offended that I didn't feel as you did about this new film version of ITW but I DO thank you for the link to the filmed stage version.

'Whining?'--I don't really think so---I didn't like it enough to go on and on about it, as that is what whining infers, but it's amazing what you can buy for .60cents in Bali.

CarlosAlberto
#5166Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/21/15 at 1:53pm

but it's amazing what you can buy for .60cents in Bali.

Enlightenment?

Bucky Builder
#5167Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/21/15 at 2:59pm

I think the bigger problem on this thread is, when people have valid criticisms, they just get mocked or called a hater or whatever. If people want to makes a separate Into The wood fan page thread, be my guest...but this is a discussion board and Sweetlips had valid criticisms.

CarlosAlberto
#5168Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/21/15 at 3:09pm

You'll get over it sweetie. Sh*t happens.

SweetLips Profile Photo
SweetLips
#5169Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/21/15 at 3:46pm

To respond to 'you'll get over it sweetie.Sh#t happens'.
It appears YOU can't 'get over it' , refer sick of people whining etc.
It's called an opinion and I was able to form one for .60cents in Bali.

sarahb22 Profile Photo
sarahb22
#5170Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/21/15 at 5:04pm

Sondheim himself showed up at a rehearsal of 'Into the Woods' - how cool is that!

Sondheim surprises small-scale ‘Into the Woods’ production

KatieYoungSM Profile Photo
KatieYoungSM
#5171Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/22/15 at 12:48am

Into The Woods
(as told by emojis)
http://goo.gl/juXdb4

CarlosAlberto
#5172Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/22/15 at 6:24am

It's called an opinion and I was able to form one for .60cents in Bali.

Then hun, your opinions come pretty cheap.

Have a nice day! Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread

GoSmileLaughCryClap Profile Photo
GoSmileLaughCryClap
#5173Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/22/15 at 1:56pm

You know those National Geographic documentaries about African wildlife? Like when the lion kills the gazelle and makes dinner of it. The lion leaves and then some smaller creatures come and pick over the bones. And then maggots cover the rest of what's left on the bones awaiting to become lumbering flies.

This whole conversation has reached the maggot stage. Don't be a maggot.

Thread dead.

Showface
#5174Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/23/15 at 7:55pm

Thread revived. Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread

Enjoy this video of Streep, Baranski, and Ulmann (The Witch, Cinderella's Stepmom, and Jack's Mother of this wonderful film, respectively), as they salute and honor Rob Marshall while singing parodied of the Into the Woods songs.

It's really funny!

Side note: When she first appears, Streep showcases the voice she will use in the Florence Foster Jenkins biopic she is set to star in, and let me tell you...it's perfect!!!

Enjoy!

Skip to 2:23 for when the fun begins!

Maximum Thread Size of 5,000 Messages Reached
Please Start a New Thread!

Videos