pixeltracker

Who have you gotten stuff back from?- Page 208

Who have you gotten stuff back from?

Evans2
#5175Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 5/15/18 at 9:22am

Tuna2 said: "Has anyone gotten anything back from 'Springsteen On Broadway'? I sent a Playbill and a nice letter to the Walter Kerr Theatre on 4/9/18 requesting Bruce to sign the Playbill and include one of his guitar picks. I did include a self-addressed stamped envelope as well. Haven't gotten anything back as of yet."

I wouldn't wait by the mailbox. They haven't responded since they opened. 

lostphantom
#5176Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 5/15/18 at 9:31am

Iceman Cometh is asking for $50 donation

10086sunset
#5177Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 5/15/18 at 9:34am

Tuna2 said: "Has anyone gotten anything back from 'Springsteen On Broadway'? I sent a Playbill and a nice letter to the Walter Kerr Theatre on 4/9/18 requesting Bruce to sign the Playbill and include one of his guitar picks. I did include a self-addressed stamped envelope as well. Haven't gotten anything back as of yet."

Just the pick? Why not ask for the whole guitar?

Evans2
#5178Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 5/15/18 at 9:35am

lostphantom said: "Iceman Cometh is asking for $50 donation"

That is a great value. Sent at the end of April and waiting to hear back.

AllThatJazz2
#5179Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 5/15/18 at 10:17am

Evans2 said: "theodora2 said: "Has anyone heard back from My Fair Lady or The Iceman Cometh?"

Yes! I heard back from My Fair Lady and received a full cast signed Playbill.
"

Evans2, did you need a donation for My Fair Lady?

I feel silly asking this, but when you guys say to include a self addressed, stamped envelope, what do you normally include? A regular letter envelope for a general reply, or a padded envelope that can hold a Playbill flat, etc? I've never done anything like this before and am unsure of the protocol. 

Also, how do you even find out if a donation is required for a show? Do they make that information known somewhere? 

Evans2
#5180Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 5/15/18 at 2:04pm

AllThatJazz2 said: "Evans2 said: "theodora2 said: "Has anyone heard back from My Fair Lady or The Iceman Cometh?"

"

I feel silly asking this, but when you guys say to include a self addressed, stamped envelope, what do you normally include? A regular letter envelope for a general reply, or a padded envelope that can hold a Playbill flat, etc?I've never done anything like this before and am unsure of the protocol.

Also, how do you even find out if a donation is required for a show? Do they make that information known somewhere?
"

Hey! I'm not sure if My Fair Lady requires a donation. I tend to always include a donation when asking for a cast signed Playbill.

Plenty of shows do not require donations. Off the top of my head, Come From Away doesn't require a donation. There's not a formal place to look who requires a donation or not. I would follow this thread and read back a few pages. That will give you a better sense.  You can also write to the stage manager and ask if the show requires a donation for a signed Playbill. 

Updated On: 5/15/18 at 02:04 PM

theodora2 Profile Photo
theodora2
#5181Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 5/15/18 at 6:59pm

Okay, so I sent to Iceman yesterday, but didn't know that they needed a donation. Do they still need one for an unsigned Playbill?

As for My Fair Lady, I wrote about 2.5 weeks ago, and still nothing. I know it's short, but I was wondering how long it took some of you guys?

"The things that make you strange are the things that make you powerful" -- Ben Platt

TheBroadwayBubble Profile Photo
TheBroadwayBubble
#5182Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 5/15/18 at 7:11pm

Heard back from Andrew Rannells yesterday! Took about 2 weeks.

BPfan81
#5183Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 5/15/18 at 7:17pm

AllThatJazz2 said: "Evans2 said: "theodora2 said: "Has anyone heard back from My Fair Lady or The Iceman Cometh?"

"

I feel silly asking this, but when you guys say to include a self addressed, stamped envelope, what do you normally include? A regular letter envelope for a general reply, or a padded envelope that can hold a Playbill flat, etc?I've never done anything like this before and am unsure of the protocol.

"

When I mailed out my SASE for Hello, Dolly I sent an envelope large enough to hold the playbill. You address it to yourself , obviously, which for me cost under a dollar bc it is going from NY to NJ, then you put that in a larger envelope addressed to the theatre of your choice.

As far as a donation, I really don't know. Anything substantial and reasonable should be suffice. In other words, five, ten dollars - though any amount is worthy - would not probably get a response back (but guaranteed would be cashed of course Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?

theodora2 Profile Photo
theodora2
#5184Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 5/16/18 at 8:55pm

Has anyone written to Alex Boniello?

"The things that make you strange are the things that make you powerful" -- Ben Platt

taylortrensch Profile Photo
taylortrensch
#5185Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 5/17/18 at 4:43am

theodora2 said: "Has anyone written to Alex Boniello?"

he's been in the show for less than 2 days chill out

don't message me thinking im taylor trensch?? what would he be doing on bww?? you can't possibly be that dumb bye

BPfan81
#5186Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 5/18/18 at 7:39pm

Evans2 said: "Heard back from Hello, Dolly. Took about two weeks. Mailed 3/27, got it back 4/9.

Donation for signed Playbill is $100. Beautiful looking Playbill.
"

So....got back my SASE today from Hello,  Dolly - EMPTY!! They mailed back an empty, open, crinkled SASE. Needless to say, the check was cashed 4 days after I mailed it to the Shubert. First time I've attempted requesting a signed playbill - and last. I feel a bit foolish, also, in a way. Never again. I'll stick to ebay from now on...or in-person transactions. Oh well, live and learn.

A.Douglas Profile Photo
A.Douglas
#5187Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 5/18/18 at 10:49pm

Hi all!

Anyone have luck with "The Boys in the Band"? If so, how much is being asked for as a donation?

Thank you! :)

BroadwayNoob
#5188Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 5/18/18 at 11:30pm

I've never written to individual actors - is it normal to request a signed playbill from them too?

Also, anyone know how long it takes Book of Mormon to write back? I sent out playbill requests to them and lobby hero 2 weeks ago now and still haven't heard back and i am impatiently waiting lol

BPfan81
#5189Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 5/19/18 at 6:09pm

BroadwayNoob said: "I've never written to individual actors - is it normal to request a signed playbill from them too?

Also, anyone know how long it takes Book of Mormon to write back? I sent out playbill requests to them and lobby hero 2 weeks ago now and still haven't heard back and i am impatiently waiting lol
"

Don't do it!

msmp Profile Photo
msmp
#5190Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 5/19/18 at 6:39pm

BroadwayNoob said: "I've never written to individual actors - is it normal to request a signed playbill from them too?

"

I've only ever written to individual actors. It can take a while, but I've never not gotten a response/signed playbill in return!

Evans2
#5191Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 5/19/18 at 8:24pm

BPfan81 said: "Evans2 said: "Heard back from Hello, Dolly. Took about two weeks. Mailed 3/27, got it back 4/9.

"

So....got back my SASE today from Hello, Dolly - EMPTY!! They mailed back an empty, open, crinkled SASE.Needless to say, the check was cashed 4 days after I mailed it to the Shubert. First time I've attempted requesting a signed playbill- and last. I feel a bit foolish, also, in a way. Never again. I'll stick to ebay from now on...or in-person transactions. Oh well, live and learn.
"

Take a picture and write to the stage manager over at the Shubert. Explain that your check was cashed and what happened. They should make it right. 

Same situation happened to a friend when requesting while Donna Murphy was in the show. He wrote and they corrected the problem. 

BPfan81
#5192Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 5/19/18 at 8:53pm

Evans2 said: "BPfan81 said: "Evans2 said: "Heard back from Hello, Dolly. Took about two weeks. Mailed 3/27, got it back 4/9.

"

So....got back my SASE today from Hello, Dolly - EMPTY!! They mailed back an empty, open, crinkled SASE.Needless to say, the check was cashed 4 days after I mailed it to the Shubert. First time I've attempted requesting a signed playbill- and last. I feel a bit foolish, also, in a way. Never again. I'll stick to ebay from now on...or in-person transactions. Oh well, live and learn.
"

Take a picture and write to the stage manager over at the Shubert. Explain that your check was cashed and what happened. They should make it right.

Same situation happened to a friend when requesting while Donna Murphy was in the show. He wrote and they corrected the problem.
"

Thanks for your advice. I'll think about it....not sure if I want to make the effort anymore.  

taylortrensch Profile Photo
taylortrensch
#5193Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 5/20/18 at 12:05am

BPfan81 said: "Evans2 said: "BPfan81 said: "Evans2 said: "Heard back from Hello, Dolly. Took about two weeks. Mailed 3/27, got it back 4/9.

"

"

"

Thanks for your advice. I'll think about it....not sure if I want to make the effort anymore.
"

Why not? You're probably one of the only people who's okay with spending $100 to get an empty envelope.

don't message me thinking im taylor trensch?? what would he be doing on bww?? you can't possibly be that dumb bye

BPfan81
#5194Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 5/20/18 at 11:08am

taylortrensch said: "BPfan81 said: "Evans2 said: "BPfan81 said: "Evans2 said: "Heard back from Hello, Dolly. Took about two weeks. Mailed 3/27, got it back 4/9.

"

"

"

"

Why not? You're probably one of the only people who's okay withspending$100 to get an empty envelope."

Quite the opposite - i just think it will fruitless to continue. First of all, how can I prove I did not get the playbill? They might just assume I'm 'requesting' another one. At least the money (hopefully) went to charity. I'll think about it. Or just check out ebay and see what they have. Just a bit disappointed. But I should have thought this might have happened.

Moriah3
#5195Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 5/20/18 at 8:54pm

Was wondering if anyone had the address for the boys in the band and three tall women? I’m wanting to write Laurie metcalf does anyone know if she responds? Also has anyone heard back from Bernadette Peters? Or Andrew Garfield or Nathan Lane? Thanks so much!!!

Updated On: 5/20/18 at 08:54 PM

msmp Profile Photo
msmp
#5196Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 5/20/18 at 10:36pm

Moriah3 said: "Was wondering if anyone had the address for the boys in the band and three tall women? I’m wanting to write Laurie metcalf does anyone know if she responds? Also has anyone heard back from Bernadette Peters? Or Andrew Garfieldor Nathan Lane? Thanks so much!!!"

Someone in this thread said that Laurie Metcalf does in fact respond and personalize Playbills!

kylierose Profile Photo
kylierose
#5197Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 5/21/18 at 3:56pm

I wrote to Jessie Mueller and included a playbill about 6 weeks ago but I still haven't gotten a response.

theodora2 Profile Photo
theodora2
#5198Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 5/21/18 at 4:57pm

I wrote to The Iceman Cometh about a month ago, I think, and I didn't include a donation, since I didn't know they required one. Just got my SASE back in the mail today telling me I need to donate $50 for the Playbill. Oh well. Not going to bother trying again, since I didn't REALLY want it.

Moriah3
#5199Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 5/22/18 at 9:46pm

Do you have the address for Andrew Rannells? I’ve been trying to find it and I can’t.

Updated On: 5/22/18 at 09:46 PM

Maximum Thread Size of 5,000 Messages Reached
Please Start a New Thread!

Videos