pixeltracker

Unpopular opinions you hold- Page 27

Unpopular opinions you hold

willrolandsframes
#650Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 5/25/17 at 11:08pm

ThaDudeAbides said: "Lucas Steele was out, when I saw Great Comet. Maybe I got lucky. Somebody let me know when Ashford's understudy goes on...

"

Was Josh Canfield on as Anatole? As a Survivor fan, I've really been wanting to know how he's been.

coreman009
#651Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 5/25/17 at 11:13pm

Natasha, Pierre, and The Great Comet of 1812 is flat out NOT a good musical. The story is nothing, the music is either weird or just describing what they're doing, and several scenes are dreadful (i.e. the loony old man, the rave, and Balaga who can't sing). The set and lights are damn impressive, and it's cool they interact with the audience, but it's just flat out not a good show. 

ThaDudeAbides
#652Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 5/25/17 at 11:55pm

willrolandsframes said: "Was Josh Canfield on as Anatole? As a Survivor fan, I've really been wanting to know how he's been."

I'll have to check my Playbill, when I get home. But whoever played Anatole definitely didn't make me wish I had seen someone else. He was great.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#653Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 5/26/17 at 12:39am

Barrett Doss deserved Patti's tony nomination.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

FreddyMyLove2
#654Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 5/26/17 at 10:24am

I think it's been mentioned, but American Pyscho deserved better. 

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#655Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 5/26/17 at 1:22pm

Call_me_jorge said: "Barrett Doss deserved Patti's tony nomination."

Well Barrett Doss wasn't eligible in Patti's category...so you should take this up with Rachel Bay Jones, Jenn Colella, Mary Beth Peil, Stephanie J. Block or Kate Baldwin.

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

nonstopmachine
#656Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 5/26/17 at 1:24pm

I love Honeymoon in vages!

TheThreadMaster Profile Photo
TheThreadMaster
#657Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 5/26/17 at 3:54pm

I see Andrew Rannells as more of an actor who flourishes in a comedic role. When seeing him as Whizzer where he has a lot of those emotional scenes towards the end, I didnt feel anything. 

VintageSnarker
#658Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 5/26/17 at 5:20pm

ChildofEarth said: "n2nbaby said: "I actually thought Ashford was the highlight of Great Comet. That being said, I HATED Lucas Steele SO much."

YES. I hate his high notes and while I'm a lesbian, I don't find him "hot" either. I still think I'm not over hearing him butcher Hedwig too.

I don't find him attractive but I think he's attractive in way beautiful anime boys are attractive. And with the styling, that's how I interpreted that character. I found his acting a little bland and while his singing was impressive (that long note, the high range), it didn't really move me. I thought it worked with the rest of the production but I wouldn't feel upset if he were out the way I would if some of the rest of the cast was out when I saw the show. 

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#659Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 5/26/17 at 5:34pm

VintageSnarker said: "I don't find him attractive but I think he's attractive in way beautiful anime boys are attractive."

I just choked on my coffee laughing at this sentence.

A Canadian in NYC Profile Photo
A Canadian in NYC
#660Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 5/26/17 at 9:43pm

ChildofEarth said: "n2nbaby said: "I actually thought Ashford was the highlight of Great Comet. That being said, I HATED Lucas Steele SO much."

YES. I hate his high notes and while I'm a lesbian, I don't find him "hot" either. I still think I'm not over hearing him butcher Hedwig too.

Oh he did so butcher Midnight Radio....  that was bad... very very bad. No-one needed to hear that.

"

tomwsjr
#661Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 6/27/17 at 8:10pm

I love the musical Women of the Year!   She's a bit too old now, but I would of loved a revival 10 years ago with Glenn Close and James Naughton.  Currently, I'd be happy to see Vanessa Williams and Norm Lewis star in a revival.  

tomwsjr
#662Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 6/27/17 at 8:10pm

I love the musical Women of the Year!   She's a bit too old now, but I would of loved a revival 10 years ago with Glenn Close and James Naughton.  Currently, I'd be happy to see Vanessa Williams and Norm Lewis star in a revival.  

froote
#663Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 6/27/17 at 8:28pm

This is the unpopular opinions thread. This is exactly the place to post negative views on a performer. A few posts up there are similar posts on Lucas Steele which no one has objected to.

Updated On: 6/27/17 at 08:28 PM

GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#664Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 6/27/17 at 8:32pm

^Yes, but they haven't started thread after thread after thread to share their sick opinions.

froote
#665Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 6/27/17 at 8:34pm

Okay but keep the complaints to the other threads, this thread is clearly a free for all for negative opinions on actors.

GeorgeandDot
#666Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 6/27/17 at 8:37pm

^Shut up, froote.  We get it you hate DEH and you love TGC.  Sick of idiots like you on this board.

froote
#667Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 6/27/17 at 8:42pm

GeorgeandDot said: "^Shut up, froote.  We get it you hate DEH and you love TGC.  Sick of idiots like you on this board."

Oh for goodness sake, no one even mentioned TGC. I dislike DEH but enjoyed Ben's performance. That's not the point. I'm sick of the hypocrisy that every show can be insulted on here but as soon as its DEH related people like you run in to call everyone haters and tell them they need to be banned. Read this whole thread, no one else has been told to shut up for expressing a negative opinion on a performer until now.

I really appreciate being told to shut up and being called an idiot after I stuck up for you the other day in the Miss Saigon thread. Wish I hadn't now.

Updated On: 6/27/17 at 08:42 PM

GeorgeandDot
#668Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 6/27/17 at 8:47pm

I've never seen a performer quite so wrongfully crucified in like 4 threads and still have people defend the attacker.  You don't see anything wrong with that?

You love TGC, as do I, but you will always find a way to trash DEH at any chance.  You've created this sort of divide between people who like certain shows.

Btw this thread should not exist.  It's horrible, mean-spirited and awful, like most things on this board.  I'm beginning to realize that this board is made up of losers who never went anywhere in life and like to trash other people's work.

Get over yourselves.

froote
#669Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 6/27/17 at 8:53pm

Then it's clear you haven't been on these boards long. Plenty of performers have had much worse written on here about them. I'm not defending the poster, I'm defending their right to post an unpopular opinion on the unpopular opinion thread without being attacked. Attack them in the other ridiculous thread if you must.

Again, this has nothing to do with TGC and it's ridiculous to suggest I have created any divide in the fanbases. People are free to like both shows, neither or one of the two and I haven't tried to stop any of that.

I post my opinions - positive and negative - about shows. Unlike you, I allow others to do the same without jumping on them. 

It's clear that you don't like these boards so why don't you stop using them instead of insulting everyone that posts on them and suggesting long running threads should be removed and users that have been here for over a decade be banned? You don't run this place.

GeorgeandDot
#670Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 6/27/17 at 8:59pm

^Because theatreguy11 is a horrible right-wing psyco troll. He should be banned.

And yes you and your fellow comet fanatics and the CFA fanatics have gone out of their way to make sure that everyone knows that they hate DEH and anyone that has anything to do with it.

Also, I'm on these boards to stay in the loop.  Also, I will jump on someone's opinion if I smell BS, which I am smelling quite strongly right now, all over these boards.  I doubt that most of the people posting on here have seen many of the shows that they're commenting on.

theaterguy11 Profile Photo
theaterguy11
#671Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 6/27/17 at 9:00pm

georgeanddot and icecreambenjamin are the same person. He's revealed himself. 

GeorgeandDot
#672Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 6/27/17 at 9:02pm

theaterguy11 said: "georgeanddot and icecreambenjamin are the same person. He's revealed himself. 

I am most certainly not that poster.  I've been lurking on these boards since 2016.

I just read some of your previous posts.

Updated On: 6/27/17 at 09:02 PM

froote
#673Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 6/27/17 at 9:03pm

GeorgeandDot said: "And yes you and your fellow comet fanatics and the CFA fanatics have gone out of their way to make sure that everyone knows that they hate DEH and anyone that has anything to do with it.

Also, I'm on these boards to stay in the loop.  Also, I will jump on someone's opinion if I smell BS, which I am smelling quite strongly right now, all over these boards.  I doubt that most of the people posting on here have seen many of the shows that they're commenting on.
"

Sorry, what exactly is the issue with expressing a negative opinion on a show on a Broadway message board? Why do you jump on people when they say they dislike DEH and not any other show? And please direct me to any of my posts where I've said I hate anyone involved with the show. I like many of them in fact.

Yes only your opinions are right so only you have seen the shows. Of course.

Updated On: 6/27/17 at 09:03 PM

GeorgeandDot
#674Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 6/27/17 at 9:04pm

^Sure why not froote, if that's what you got from my post

Videos