pixeltracker

"Spiderman" on WCBS 2 - am I the only one...- Page 3

"Spiderman" on WCBS 2 - am I the only one...

mybigsplash Profile Photo
mybigsplash
#50'Spiderman' on WCBS 2 - am I the only one...
Posted: 1/4/11 at 2:10pm

That's too bad you haven't been to a theatre in a few years to see theatre, because you say, "nothing's appealed to me," and yet, you would come out of your hole to see Spider-man. I just can't take that seriously. You missed some pretty great shows (N2N, In the Heights, Spring Awakening, Scottsboro Boys, August: Osage County, etc.) but I guess they didn't have enough spectacle for you?

Stephen: "Could you grab me a coffee?" Me: "Would you like that with all the colors of the wind?"

chernjam Profile Photo
chernjam
#51'Spiderman' on WCBS 2 - am I the only one...
Posted: 1/4/11 at 2:21pm

mybigsplash - I didn't comment on the merits of any of the other shows out there - and there were shows I was curious about but not enough to blow $60-$70 on tix, $40 on parking, etc... But I guess you couldnt resist coming up with an arrogant and condescending comment on what I've gone to see and not.

Sorry, some of us can't simply blow $100's at the drop of a hat and yes, I have become very selective what they will spend it on after sitting through several abominations onstage in recent years.

If Spiderman had the great score, book and staging that would merit the prices they're charging, I would be happy to splurge. Otherwise, I guess I'll have to stay in my "hole."

WestVillage Profile Photo
WestVillage
#52'Spiderman' on WCBS 2 - am I the only one...
Posted: 1/4/11 at 2:42pm

Spider-Man is not "splurge-worthy."

KirbyCat
#53'Spiderman' on WCBS 2 - am I the only one...
Posted: 1/4/11 at 4:04pm

Just a heads up, the ABC news interview is up.
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/spider-man-stunts-awry-12535485

The thing that bothers me most is in the related videos-
"WATCH: Another 'Spider-Man' Actor Bites the Dust"
(in regards to Ms. Mendoza departing the show.)

jimmycurry01
#54'Spiderman' on WCBS 2 - am I the only one...
Posted: 1/4/11 at 5:04pm

What is sickening is a whole lot of these posts. So many people seem angry that he is in high spirits, you seem angry that he agreed to do an interview and be positive while doing it.
I am quite sure he was paid off for the accident, I am sure he has been fully compensated for his medical needs, time missed from work, and any emotional grief he has gone through, and I am glad it didn't have to come to months in a court room to get it.
This guy seems to have a real positive attitude, and I think a lot of people here need to take a lesson from him.

kennygintexas
#55'Spiderman' on WCBS 2 - am I the only one...
Posted: 1/4/11 at 5:20pm

Um....the cynicism here is almost unbelievable. Except that it's totally believable.

It seems that many of the negative posters in this thread are angry that he didn't DISS the show--kinda like how the previews for the interview baited you to think he was gonna do.

He seemed very forthright and sincere. (We could all take a lesson...)

I hope the show is a hit, and lots of people have jobs and health insurance for a long, long time. Is it "high art?" Probably not. Let's face it--they can't all be Sondheim.

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#56'Spiderman' on WCBS 2 - am I the only one...
Posted: 1/4/11 at 5:26pm

I'm outraged about the outrage being directed toward the outrage!

....but the world goes 'round

ghostlight2
#57'Spiderman' on WCBS 2 - am I the only one...
Posted: 1/4/11 at 5:30pm

That's outrageous!

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#58'Spiderman' on WCBS 2 - am I the only one...
Posted: 1/4/11 at 5:34pm

I'm sickened by taz's outrage, which is outrageous and sickening.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#59'Spiderman' on WCBS 2 - am I the only one...
Posted: 1/4/11 at 8:16pm

Taz--you're nothing more than a Double Negative Nellie!

HummingAlong
#60'Spiderman' on WCBS 2 - am I the only one...
Posted: 1/4/11 at 8:25pm

JRybka - you just became my all-time favorite on here. Thank you. Nice to see a "Broadway Legend" with some sense and humility. Would that they could all be like you...

PReeves2 Profile Photo
PReeves2
#61'Spiderman' on WCBS 2 - am I the only one...
Posted: 1/5/11 at 3:34am

I was ok with the first interview now i'm a little over all of the interviews. let the guy rest and heal so he can get back into the show! enough press on him!!

@ Jimmycurry, his medical bills are taken care of, it's a law for anyone running a business operation to have workmans comp insurance. and the union he is covered by most likely supplements his income in some manner on top of the workmans comp insurance.

Videos