Broadway Fall 2015

BWAY Baby2
#50Fall 2015
Posted: 4/22/15 at 6:58am

I saw Tuck Everlasting here in Atlanta- it was very good- I loved it and so did my friend- but several other people I talked to did not like it.  I wonder if it will see the light of a Broadway stage.

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#51Fall 2015
Posted: 4/22/15 at 12:27pm

The Gin Game added

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

Phillypinto
#52Fall 2015
Posted: 4/22/15 at 8:24pm

amelie and Beaches

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#53Fall 2015
Posted: 4/22/15 at 8:29pm

Little Dancer will not be coming to Broadway before next spring at the absolute earliest. They're planning on staging another out of town tryout with changes that have been made before they decide whether to go for Broadway or not.

Phillypinto
#54Fall 2015
Posted: 4/22/15 at 8:33pm

Yeah but that out of town tryout is in the summer

Phillypinto
#55Fall 2015
Posted: 5/28/15 at 6:07pm

updated :)

Phillypinto
#56Fall 2015
Posted: 5/28/15 at 6:22pm

Misery-Broadhurst

Sylvia-Cort

Chalk Garden-Lyceum

Waitress-Neil Simon

Ever After-Brooks Atkinson

Carousel-Lyric? 

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#57Fall 2015
Posted: 5/28/15 at 6:56pm

Ever After is not going anywhere 

Phillypinto
#58Fall 2015
Posted: 5/28/15 at 9:59pm

How do you know?

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#59Fall 2015
Posted: 5/29/15 at 12:23am

Ever After isn't exactly getting glowing reviews out of Millburn, NJ.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#60Fall 2015
Posted: 5/29/15 at 10:02am

Isn't the Lyric going to Cirque Du Soleil?

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#61Fall 2015
Posted: 5/30/15 at 11:54am

^yes, but ON THE TOWN has yet to post a closing notice, so nothing's confirmed. Though I doubt OTT lasts past Labor Day.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Call_me_jorge
#62Fall 2015
Posted: 5/30/15 at 3:59pm

Also isn't beaches supposed to be heading towards Broadway.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Phillypinto
#63Fall 2015
Posted: 6/2/15 at 3:32pm

Dames at Sea added!

Call_me_jorge
#64Fall 2015
Posted: 6/8/15 at 11:53pm

If there's a Broadway transfer of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory the musical what theatre would be best fit for it and how much would Matilda be impacted? I know Matilda wasn't impacted much in London after Charlie opened, but I feel Charlie is more well known here in the United States.

MrsSallyAdams Profile Photo
MrsSallyAdams
#65Fall 2015
Posted: 6/9/15 at 4:26pm

I'm impressed/disappointed that more clips of Matt Smith in "American Psycho" haven't leaked. I'll be curious to see how much is rewritten for the Benjamin Walker production.

http://threepanelmusicals.blogspot.com/2015/06/broadway-musicals-of-2016.html

threepanelmusicals.blogspot.com

Jonwo
#66Fall 2015
Posted: 6/10/15 at 8:09pm

"If there's a Broadway transfer of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory the musical what theatre would be best fit for it and how much would Matilda be impacted? I know Matilda wasn't impacted much in London after Charlie opened, but I feel Charlie is more well known here in the United States."

Charlie needs a big theatre like the Lyric, it's playing at the Theatre Royal Drury Lane in London which is huge. 

Phillypinto
#67Fall 2015
Posted: 6/11/15 at 12:45pm

A View From The Bridge added :)

How much longer do you think Hedwig will last?

Phillypinto
#68Fall 2015
Posted: 6/15/15 at 11:54am

The Illusionists added. 

I was thinking, Taye Diggs will be done with his run mid October. I don't see Hedwig lasting much longer. Could Misery possibly go in the Belasco?

matildathemiracle2 Profile Photo
matildathemiracle2
#69Fall 2015
Posted: 6/15/15 at 4:34pm

"If there's a Broadway transfer of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory the musical what theatre would be best fit for it and how much would Matilda be impacted? I know Matilda wasn't impacted much in London after Charlie opened, but I feel Charlie is more well known here in the United States."

The problem with Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is that very little material from the movies Americans know is being used. The Oompa Loompa song and pretty much all of the music is not there, besides Pure Imagination, which the writers were hesitant to use. I have not seen the London production of Charlie, but they have not recieved the same acclimation and high marks as Matilda. Many people, I've read, have had a difficult time getting through act one of the show. Act Two, they say, is extraordinary with the sets, effects, and costumes of the factory, but act one is lacking the magic that Matilda delivers throughout the show.

Phillypinto
#70Fall 2015
Posted: 6/23/15 at 11:42am

Misery at the Broadhurst added!

Phillypinto
#71Fall 2015
Posted: 6/23/15 at 11:49am

The Brooks Atkinson and the Lyric most certainly will be open for the fall. Anyone know whats next for the theaters?

These theaters could possibly be vacant for the fall as well:

Walter Kerr Theatre

Belasco Theatre

Imperial Theatre

Booth Theatre

Ethel Barrymore Theatre

neonlightsxo
#72Fall 2015
Posted: 6/23/15 at 12:04pm

Tuck Everlasting was announced with a Shubert Theater TBD for the spring. It would not surprise me if they take the Imperial.

The Barrymore will not be open. Curious Incident is not closing.

Updated On: 6/23/15 at 12:04 PM

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#73Fall 2015
Posted: 6/23/15 at 12:15pm

OTT may close right after 7/5. It is on TDF for everyday up until 7/5.

Poster Emeritus

Phillypinto
#74Fall 2015
Posted: 6/23/15 at 12:21pm

I didn't think it was, I just put it down since its a play lol.

I was thinking the exact same thing with Tuck!! 

And the Belasco for Waitress

and the Broadhurst for Rebecca

and the Schoenfeld for American Psycho

Updated On: 6/23/15 at 12:21 PM

Videos