pixeltracker

Finding neverland closing- Page 3

Finding neverland closing

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#50Finding neverland closing
Posted: 5/6/16 at 10:55am

After Eight can never discuss anything he likes without disparaging everything he doesn't.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#51Finding neverland closing
Posted: 5/6/16 at 11:03am

I also love that 8's highest compliment often turns out to be "pleasant."

Illiterate, generic, totally non-theatrical, sure. But it's pleasant. 

Updated On: 5/6/16 at 11:03 AM

UrNotAMachine
#52Finding neverland closing
Posted: 5/6/16 at 11:57am

Good. Broadway needs less musicals with scores made up of rejected Coldplay singles.

TheaterGal3
#53Finding neverland closing
Posted: 5/6/16 at 12:39pm

When I finally saw the show a few months ago I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. Matthew Morrison, Laura Michelle Kelly and Kelsey Grammer won me over. The end scene is still one of my favorite Broadway moments. Hope the show does well on tour.

Does anyone know if the 3pm on 8/21 is the last show or do they have a night show as well?

Eliza2 Profile Photo
Eliza2
#54Finding neverland closing
Posted: 5/6/16 at 12:54pm

TheaterGal3 said: "When I finally saw the show a few months ago I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. Matthew Morrison, Laura Michelle Kelly and Kelsey Grammer won me over. The end scene is still one of my favorite Broadway moments. Hope the show does well on tour.

Does anyone know if the 3pm on 8/21 is the last show or do they have a night show as well?
"

That's the last one. I already bought my ticket for it!

Jarethan
#55Finding neverland closing
Posted: 5/6/16 at 12:55pm

I loved it and thought the score was terrific.  Saw it twice with Jordan, once with Morrison and once with Morrison's understudy.  I thought all gave fine performances, but enjoyed Morrison's the most, even if for the wrong reason.  Jordan was terrific in all ways but his basic movement, which was rigid.  Morrison was fluid -- you wanted him to break out into a Fred Astaire homage -- but the wasn't necessarily Barrie.

i have listened to many of last season's cast recordings and I will never understand the rancor concerning this score...I really think it has a lot of terrific songs.

Ironically, in the old days, 600 performances would have been a more than respectable run and likely resulted in a profitable run.  Not any more.

TheaterGal3
#56Finding neverland closing
Posted: 5/6/16 at 1:37pm

Eliza2 - thank you! I'm going to get one too.

Sunny11
#57Finding neverland closing
Posted: 5/6/16 at 3:16pm

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/finding-neverland-close-summer-broadway-38929492

This is odd commentary by AP it claims they FN never really found a Broadway audience, but it did. It grossed ove $1 million  a week over the summer and holiday periods. 

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#58Finding neverland closing
Posted: 5/6/16 at 6:02pm

Sad to see any show close and while it was not the best thing I saw from last year it still was enjoyable.

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#59Finding neverland closing
Posted: 5/6/16 at 6:06pm

"This is odd commentary by AP it claims they FN never really found a Broadway audience, but it did. It grossed over $1 million  a week over the summer and holiday periods. "

Good point and it will play over 1 year. For a show that did not receive one Tony nomination that is pretty good IMO.

Jarethan
#60Finding neverland closing
Posted: 5/6/16 at 6:13pm

Sunny11 said: "http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/finding-neverland-close-summer-broadway-38929492

This is odd commentary by AP it claims they FN never really found a Broadway audience, but it did. It grossed ove $1 million  a week over the summer and holiday periods. 

I sort of felt the same way, but need to provide some context.  Given how much the audiences which I sat with consistently showed signs of loving the show, I thought that it would pull a mini-Wicked and suddenly take off, despite the Tony fiasco (which I attributed to unfair dislike for Harvey Weinstein), becoming the must-see show for some audience demographic (who would not like all the dancing in AAIP and hate Fun Home because of its subject matter (not the reason I disliked it) and depressing conclusion).  

What I assume happened instead is that the grosses fell as the upfront advance wore off and summer ended, and that demographic continued to buy at the kind of pace no musical wants.  Sad, because I loved the show (hated the sets and didn't love the choreography) and thought the entire scene leading up to Sylvia's death was one of the most beautifully staged 10 minutes I have ever seen in the theatre.

"

Sunny11
#61Finding neverland closing
Posted: 5/7/16 at 2:02am

But during the Fall FN grosses where still healthy ( 700k - 900k) and   similar to Something Rotten's, a show that opened around the same time and targeted to a more theater crowd with all the in jokes.  It was obviously had a " Broadway audience " during those times since families and tourists where not as abundant. 

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#62Finding neverland closing
Posted: 5/7/16 at 9:00am

I don't know how much more scaled back it could get for tour? I already thought the Broadway production was severely lacking in production quality and design. The hall thing felt small and cheap at the Lunt. 

trpguyy
#63Finding neverland closing
Posted: 5/7/16 at 12:52pm

RippedMan said: "I don't know how much more scaled back it could get for tour?..."

It is going to be a large tour and will look almost the same as in the Lunt. I'm sure the internally-lit portal legs won't rotate like they do on Broadway (nobody notices them anyway), and it will be interesting to see if/how they pull off the "Air Sculpture," as they won't be able to put the fans in the trap room. Maybe they'll do it like in Amaluna (I'm seeing a trend here, Paulus), where regular circular fans just pop out of the deck to create the air effect.

Videos